Fenix TK12

picrthis

Enlightened
There is a smooth ring available to replace the tactical ring - in the UK it's £2.95, available in black or gold.

Having had a TK10 with the option of both, I settled on the smooth ring, but having tried a TK11, I actually quite like the tactical ring for certain uses.

Horses for courses, I guess - but it would be better if both variants were included.

The TK12 has to be regarded as an upgraded TK10 rather than a new model - it makes no sense otherwise.

All the same, the lack of the wider body tube makes no sense - the TK11 body does fit the TK10, so it seems a bit of an oversight to not include that function, even if many users are never going to actually use it.

Does anyone know where to get the smoothing ring for the TK12 in the USA to replace the tactical ring? also is the crenelated bezels replaceable with a smooth one?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another quick question:

Does the TK12 "R2" edition take 18650s as-is, or do you still have to buy the additional tube?

Thanks

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought it this week, and it takes 18650 wit no problems at all.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Wish I knew a source for the smooth grip-ring replacement. Might try a direct call or email to Lighthound. Though they don't show it on their site, they may still have them available if someone asks (from leftover TK10 kits; don't know if it's the same thread size ring though).