Fenix TK61

RemcoM

Enlightened
From car headlight to airplane lights. Where does it stop???

Because it has my interest....simple.

Why does other persons compare footbal, with hockey? Because that person has fun and interest about it.

You cannot speak for another person.

I hope you understand it. You like lights too, thats why you have flashlights isnt it?

I like all lightsources, thats why i have flashlights, thats why i like carheadlights, airplanelandinglights, lasers, and so on.

And this is the forum about all lightsources.

Have a nice day, and enjoy the nice weather here in holland. I get a cold beer, and order a big pizza.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does other persons compare footbal, with hockey?

I don't know anyone who does this. There is no point...they have completely different rules.

If you like different types of lights, why don't you do a little basic research, and inform people about them in a thread of your own? You would learn a lot more, and we wouldn't have to continually answer pointless questions. You often ask "can it beat [example]", without specifying what you mean by that. Sure, a laser can hit something a long way off, but it won't light it up very well. You won't necessarily be able to see anything other than the dot itself. So does that "beat" a thrower meant for illumination? Who can say? They are again completely different things, and comparing them shows a lack of understanding of what the intended purpose is.

Jdubs

Newly Enlightened
Out of interest here,can the body from the tk61 be removed off head,the body of the tk75 and extension fitted to the tk61 so all looks same,just a thought if own both,that way can all be in keeping............if that mattered to peeps of course:thumbsup:

Great pics guys:twothumbs

I think so, if I'm understanding your question correctly. I have both the TK75 and TK61, and what I know is that I can remove the body from one, and attach it (along with the battery carrier) to the other. You have to ditch the tailcap on one of the tubes to make it work. I don't have enough 18650 batteries to fill all eight slots, but putting four cells in the carrier furthest away from the head (and zero cells in the nearest carrier) works fine.

I was thinking about buying the separate extension tube when I had just one light, but once I got the second light, I realized that one lights' body can serve as the extension for the other light, so long as your're not trying to use both lights at the same time.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the extension, then a 61.
One day I'll try three tubes lol.
That's supposedly the max.
God knows I have enough batteries haha

This picture took about 30 18650
And a few handfuls of smaller cells

ty4a8e8a.jpg

RemcoM

Enlightened
Can i expect that the stock version really gives 170 kcD? And not much lower?

Like the manufacterer state of 170 kcD, as read in the manual of the TK61, is that really measured by Fenix, or how they come at this measure?

Is that really measured? Or is it selltalk.

I read here on CPF, that a TK61 owner only measures 130 kcD on his TK61, instead of 170 kcD.

Thats dissapointing isnt it? Not much more intensity than the 2900 lumen TK75, and the same beamintensity of the RC40.

When you read the light has 170 kcD, than you want 170 kcD, and not only 130 kcD.

Please explain me more. Lucky mine is more than 170 kcD.

kj2

Flashaholic
Can i expect that the stock version really gives 170 kcD? And not much lower?

Like the manufacterer state of 170 kcD, as read in the manual of the TK61, is that really measured by Fenix, or how they come at this measure?

Is that really measured? Or is it selltalk.

I read here on CPF, that a TK61 owner only measures 130 kcD on his TK61, instead of 170 kcD.

Thats dissapointing isnt it? Not much more intensity than the 2900 lumen TK75, and the same beamintensity of the RC40.

When you read the light has 170 kcD, than you want 170 kcD, and not only 130 kcD.

Please explain me more. Lucky mine is more than 170 kcD.
They measure their lights according ANSI standards. A company needs to follow rules given by ANSI to say they follow the ANSI standard. For more info I would suggest you visit the website of ANSI.

RemcoM

Enlightened
As lux is the lumens per square meter, generally, you can assume that the change in cd will be proportional to the lumen output for the same light...IE: If you cut the lumens in half, you are cutting the cd in half.

To clarify one part above - if a light has a cd of 170,000, that is the cd, NOT the K cd. The k stands for 1,000, so a k cd is a thousand cd.

That means you can EITHER say a light has 170 k cd, or 170,000 cd

:D

So if 100% output is 1,000 L at 170,000 cd :

At 20 lumens, that's 2% of the 1000 L = 2% of the 170,000 cd = 3,400 cd.

At 150 L, that's 25,500 cd

At 400 L, that's 68,000 cd, and so forth.

Will the TK61 be visible, when (at a cloudy day, at late afternoon) i leave the light alone, pointed at me, and i go at a point away from the light at 200 meters, at low 340 cd, at medium, 26000 cd? at high 68000 cd and what about the visibility of the TK61, when im at 200 meters away from it (pointed at me) at a overcast cloudy day at late afternoon, in spring?

I cannot test this for myself, because of the possibility of the light get stolen, by people.

kj2

Flashaholic
Will the TK61 be visible, when (at a cloudy day, at late afternoon) i leave the light alone, pointed at me, and i go at a point away from the light at 200 meters, at low 340 cd, at medium, 26000 cd? at high 68000 cd and what about the visibility of the TK61, when im at 200 meters away from it (pointed at me) at a overcast cloudy day at late afternoon, in spring?

I cannot test this for myself, because of the possibility of the light get stolen, by people.

ow you can see the light coming from the flashlight itself, but if you see anything around I don't know. You should test it with a friend or something.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I was thinking. You'll Definitely be able to see the light itself, but as far as illuminating the area on low at 200m is questionable

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....

Is it just me or is it more than likely Fenix is going to slap an MT-G2 into a "TK61 UE" in the future? Honestly that's what I'm kind of waiting out for. I don't know if the reflector is super optimized for the MT-G emitter but I could see it still throwing like a champ given how ridiculously huge the TK61 reflector is. I was dissapointed when Fenix didn't release the TK61 in a neutral tint. A neutral to warmish even higher output TK61 with somewhat fewer candelas would be perfect for me. I'm guessing the increased max output would help get that beam out close to the same distance anyway. Anyway here's hoping this happens. I know that Armytek Grizzly is coming out soon, right? It has a much smaller reflector though so probably still is going to have a relatively broad beam. If they do this I really hope they keep a high output near 1000 lumens still that doesn't have a thermal step down.

credo

Newly Enlightened

Maybe get someone to hold it for you? Unless someone has done the same test any answer would be a guess.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....

Is it just me or is it more than likely Fenix is going to slap an MT-G2 into a "TK61 UE" in the future? Honestly that's what I'm kind of waiting out for. I don't know if the reflector is super optimized for the MT-G emitter but I could see it still throwing like a champ given how ridiculously huge the TK61 reflector is. I was dissapointed when Fenix didn't release the TK61 in a neutral tint. A neutral to warmish even higher output TK61 with somewhat fewer candelas would be perfect for me. I'm guessing the increased max output would help get that beam out close to the same distance anyway. Anyway here's hoping this happens. I know that Armytek Grizzly is coming out soon, right? It has a much smaller reflector though so probably still is going to have a relatively broad beam. If they do this I really hope they keep a high output near 1000 lumens still that doesn't have a thermal step down.

I think Thrunite TN35 is pretty close to your desire here.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Thrunite TN35 is pretty close to your desire here.

LOL I know. I remember reading that excellent review on the TN35 too. I don't know--- I just am not sure if I like a rotary ring for selection.

The TN35 has a 79mm bezel diameter and the TK61 has a 96mm bezel diameter. I know that doesn't describe the reflector but I'm assuming it's bigger on the TK61? Has anybody done modifications to a TK61 and put an MT-G2 into it successfully?