• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Final Batch of Titanium Nautilodes

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Final Batch of Titanium Nautilus Lights

Hello Everyone,

I'm all out of parts for these, so that's a wrap for now! :)

Thanks folks!

Enrique

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Everyone,

I'm all out of parts for these, so that's a wrap for now! :)

Thanks folks!

Enrique

Thanks for these sales, Enrique!

It was an exceptionally nice ride, accompanied by beautiful flashlights.

John

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm looking forward to receiving my one and only - hopefully soon!

UPDATE - surprised to have mine arrive today. Beautiful little light. Built like a tank. :thumbsup:

Oh good, I am saved from the temptation to buy *another* spare.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

Isn't the knurling the best ever?! I sometimes have to take it out of my pocket and just fiddle with it. And the Ti on brass threads are Oh so smooth. Enrique's expectations when it comes to machining seem to leave little room for compromise-perfect or no thanks. All my lights from him are spot on.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Isn't the knurling the best ever?! I sometimes have to take it out of my pocket and just fiddle with it. And the Ti on brass threads are Oh so smooth. Enrique's expectations when it comes to machining seem to leave little room for compromise-perfect or no thanks. All my lights from him are spot on.

Yeah, it's very nice. My buddy Scout24 made the best analogy - it's like the elegance and simplicity of a Rolex. Or a McGizmo, for that matter. Like a Rolex, understated, very high quality, timeless design, built to last multiple lifetimes. I fully expect to pass my 26 year old Oyster Perpetual Datejust down to my son some day. Will probably pass this Nautilus down to my daughter.

Not the brightest, no disco modes, no programmability - just a virtual guarantee of light when you need it, 2 usable levels, nice beam, and real 'purdy' to look at! I picked up an al Aeon on the marketplace - I'm liking it, too. My hope is that the ti Aeon MkII (yes, I preordered one), with its 3 levels and 219 emitter, will offer a REALLY low low and maybe a bit more 'oomph' on high - the medium would be perfect if set where the low is on the Nautilus. And that 219 beam ought to be awesome.

So thanks again, Enrique! Great little lights!

fyrstormer

Banned

Regarding lubrication: I've found that plain oil works best. (I have a tube of Nano Oil for my brass-on-Ti lights.) The oil re-flows around the threads every time you twist the head, so the titanium threads can't shed the oil permanently, and the oil sticks to the brass threads very effectively. The oil also doesn't trap the metal shavings, but lets them get pushed out of the way, so they don't continue to grind on the threads after the threads break-in.

Regarding the O-ring: On the two Nautilodes I had (I still have one), the O-rings were fairly loose compared to my Aeons. I discovered that a #016 nitrile O-ring (originally intended for a McGizmo) works perfectly to tighten things up.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Couldn't do Titanium this time around, but picked up an Al one and it has quickly become one of my favorite lights. Easy to carry and use, always works. A fantastic light.