Finally finished: Aspheric SST-90 3D Mag-Lite

Craigit

Newly Enlightened
Any binning info on that sst-90. I'm loving the color on it. I also love the beamshot to the tower, wicked.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
This picture is beautiful... can you explain it? (How you did it, what we're looking at, is it a long exposure shot?) Thanks
random7.JPG

maskman

Newly Enlightened
This picture is beautiful... can you explain it? (How you did it, what we're looking at, is it a long exposure shot?) Thanks

That photo piqued my interest as well. I'm looking forward to the answers to your questions.

Al Combs

Enlightened
The EXIF header says it's a 15 second exposure. I think he's walking towards the camera with the light in his right hand, while swinging it from side to side in front of him. That accounts for the trails on the ground that are slightly tilted with respect to the path. The "ropes" in the air are the camera's line of sight view of the reflection from the inside of the aspheric bezel.

It's a great shot, however he did it.:twothumbs

dyson72

Newly Enlightened
The EXIF header says it's a 15 second exposure. I think he's walking towards the camera with the light in his right hand, while swinging it from side to side in front of him. That accounts for the trails on the ground that are slightly tilted with respect to the path. The "ropes" in the air are the camera's line of sight view of the reflection from the inside of the aspheric bezel.

It's a great shot, however he did it.:twothumbs

Almost correct.
Alexander (samotronta05) had to walk backwards (away from the camara), because otherwise his legs would appear in the photo.

Here are some full Res pictures:

cell phone tower

control shot

SST-90 Beam

Some Lightpainting...

with the SST-90

With the SSC-P7

And for all speedfreaks an Autobahn gif :D

Greetings from Germany
Patrick

Al Combs

Enlightened
Thanks for letting us know. Do you have a hi-res shot of Alex walking backwards? That is a great shot.

missionaryman

Enlightened
Everything about this thread is awesome, in 2005 when I first started fiddling with lights simple strobing made us all go starry eyed - now - blue tooth control and light painting in the same thread - I'm having a similar reaction to the double rainbow guy!!!

samotronta05

Newly Enlightened
so when do these go for sale?
If there are enough interested, I can actually imagine selling a kit of driver and controller.

bau6.JPG

Features of the driver:
- Input voltage: 6,5-18V
- Output current: 9A / 3A (2 versions)
- Efficiency: 82-87% (@9A depending on input voltage)
- PWM dimmable

More to come next week :D

Al Combs

Enlightened
Thanks for the pong-jong link to the full-res version of your light painting shot. It'll be my wallpaper for the next week or so. Here's a funny story. I use IrfanView for my slide viewer. I resampled the low-res version of that shot to my 1920x1080 desktop. The soft staircase appearance of the "light ropes" looked just like a PWM flicker. Which made sense to me at the time. So when I downloaded the full size version I thought, "Where'd the PWM go?" Sorry, first day with a new brain...:laughing:

As far as the driver, I think people would definitely be interested if you wanted to sell these.:thumbsup:

Nokoff

Enlightened
would the 3A version run something like a triple XM-L rather than single SST90, any issues there?...posting my interest as well for your driver and controller....and for the single emitter will you have any more of those bezels made? :thumbsup:

If there are enough interested, I can actually imagine selling a kit of driver and controller.

Features of the driver:
- PWM dimmable

flex76italy

Enlightened

bau6.JPG

Features of the driver:
- PWM dimmable

ok, can you open an interest list?
I'm interested.

archer6817j

Enlightened
I don't often say this...but that's the coolest thing I've ever seen! Eat that big flashlight manufacturers!

So what is the diameter of that driver? Would it (at all) be possible to pack a less powerful driver into a smaller diameter or is the output not that relevant to the size? I assume the bluetooth and such takes up some space. On the other hand, could you pack it into a stack of 2-3 disks that are 17mm in diameter?