Finally finished: Aspheric SST-90 3D Mag-Lite

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
I would really love to see that...

2 guys lost in a forest at night. 1 guy with that flashlight and his phone the other without light.

*sst-90guy turns his superlamp on*

other guy: Hey we are tottaly lost but we have a super bright light. Could be worse.
sst-90guy: *playing on his phone*
other guy: What the f? Here is no mobile phone network! Stop playing around and find a way out of the forest!
*the flashlight dims*
other guy: Oh great! Next time charge your flashlight you idiot! Now we get eaten by bears!
sst-90 guy: What? What? WHAT? Can you please just shut up? I just dimmed my flashlight with my phone to get more runtime and now Im loading my gps-navigation to get out of the forrest.

The other guys face -> :eek:

Last edited:

dyson72

Newly Enlightened
If you would like buy you a bezel....

produkt2.jpg

click -> here <-

RepProdigious

Enlightened
"Just add bluetooth"

Sounds like a quote from the Big Bang theory, brilliant but true. Great light man!!! Also love the light-paintings!

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Wow I'm speechless:bow:

I would even go as far as to patent/license your idea of the driver/BT control if you could. Hopefully a flashlight company wont try to make a rip off of your design.

samotronta05

Newly Enlightened
what's the range on that bluetooth?
I've never tested that and it depends a lot on the transmitter you use and the antenna you use. But i think with the class2 module it's around 5 meter and with class1 module inside it's probably somewhere around 25 meters, maybe more.

would the 3A version run something like a triple XM-L rather than single SST90, any issues there?
Should be no problem to run up to 4 leds (max current 3A) in series , but i will check that before actually selling them.

Mind telling us which bluetooth module you used?
BTM-110 and BTM-222 from Rayson Technology

So what is the diameter of that driver?
At the moment the prototype has a diameter of 28mm, but if you really need it a bit smaller i can shrink it to a diameter of 26.5mm. That's the absolut minimum, since 26.5 is already the diameter of the coil.

I assume the bluetooth and such takes up some space. On the other hand, could you pack it into a stack of 2-3 disks that are 17mm in diameter?
No way, i can fit it inside that little space.
The current design consists of 3 layers with 28mm diameter:
1. The actual driver
2. The main-pcb with the mcu
3. The bluetooth module

I'm "interested" but do we have any idea on cost?
I haven't calculated everything, but should be like this:
- Driver: 9A version: ~30€ 3A version 28€
- Main-pcb and Controller: ~25€ (inclusive future software updates)
- Bluetooth: 20-25€
- Direct drive output stage: ~ 10€

The following combinations are possible:
- SST-90 / P7 / XM-L Driver + Controller + Bluetooth --> as seen here
- SST-90 / P7 / XM-L Driver + Controller --> communication/ settings/ updates only via cable
- SST-90 / P7 / XM-L Driver --> single mode, no battery / temperature monitoring and cutoff
- Direct drive output stage + Controller + Bluetooth
- Direct drive output stage + Controller

Anyway I would like to say thank you for all the nice comments.

Best regards,
Alexander

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would be interested in a just add batteries light. if of course the price is reasonable.
that is just the craziest flashlight i have ever seen. very cool indeed.

RCantor

Enlightened
Amazing acommplishment. How do you change the levels without a cell phone? I would love to see this run a triple neutral xml. I hope you do patent the driver/BT combo.

Al Combs

Enlightened
Unfortunately neither samotronta05 nor his friend dyson72 have logged onto CPF in over half a year. So they are not going to see your requests. There is no email address in either of their profiles, so there's no way to contact them.:(

dyson72

Newly Enlightened
Update!
We are currently working on an improved version.
But in the last few months we both had only very limited time for this Project.
Stay tuned for more....