Flashlight season is back-last time?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I know this'll sound blasphemous, but I don't enjoy it when it gets dark before 5pm. Then again, my main job is working the graveyard shift at a property where, among other things, I patrol a huge darkened parking lot every shift. So, my lights get plenty of time on a regular basis to stretch their lumens.

I R/R an old CFL security light at Mom's house with a new n improved LED in "honor" of DST -

IMG_5096.JPG

It'll make getting a bead on any evildoers much easier.

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I don't know how long the US are gonna flip-flop between DST and no DST, but I can say my country dropped the DST act back before 2020, and pretty much everybody rejoiced. Helped with the time mixups too, as some states adopted DST while others didn't and that caused plenty of discrepancies, especially in automated systems.

My only regret about it is having no real reason to use a flashlight in my morning routine during the summer months anymore, unless the sky is VERY stormy. Even now in early November, two months before Summer Solstice, dawn is bright when I wake up at 4:30AM.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe gain an hour earlier at night, but lose that hour with a light in the morning putting the kids on the bus. That's ok though. In a few weeks it'll be dark in the morning again

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I hope you get your carport fixed soon. That old truck needs some protection if it is going to be restored.

What are the two poles to the left of the tree?
The left one is clearly a light. I think the right one is a flagpole - I think I see a rope tie-off towards the bottom of it.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
I think if I had money to spend on lights and batteries instead of food and gas, didn't have health issues that prevent me from solo hiking in the dark, and had somewhere to go for fun that wasn't dealing with war, crime, or other chaos, I'd be more excited about time to play with my lights too. Let's hope and pray for things to improve next year so we can focus less on survival and more on fun.
Elections have consequences.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
I have tried to before to justify a lot of the money I have spent on flashlights/area lights due to "Prepping" in these uncertain times…but truthfully it's a rationalization joke lol, a TINY fraction of what I have spent could have been spent for "Budget light preps."

#2 does it really matter if you starve to death in poor lighting vs starving to death in light?? Hands down the most important 3 preps are FOOD, FOOD, and FOOD. And unfortunately food is the most difficult/expensive prep. OMG I would have to be a millionaire to have an entire room full of freeze dried food that stuff is insanely expensive. But looking back, I would have been better off over the years if 100% of every prep that I ever bought would have instead gone to freeze dried food (30 year shelf life).
If the SHTF to the point of living in that kind of society, I'll pass. A good overdose and it's done.