Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Silent hill movie light question

Not sure what that thing is, it's huge. I wonder if its got a radio/mic setup in it too. It's not the light your looking for but the inova 24/7 can be used in the same fashion, and to induce seisures/maybe even vomiting, check out the multicolor strobe mode on inova's site.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The trailer for "Journey to the Center of the Earth" has what appears to be a C2 or C3. When they fall a flashight flips out of Brandon Fraiser's hand and it definitely is a Centurion. I freezed framed it, the trailer was on a DVD rental. My wife just rolled her eyes when I went back to see what kind of flashlight was in the scene. Another reason to use a lanyard!

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually no what part of the movie?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
When Gweneth & The Feds blew the lock on the door to the lab...

The Flash Cap was the bomb. They used its magnetic base to stick it to the door.

(probably not UltraQuip's idea of product placement)

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently watched "in the shadow of the moon" and managed to putt up a few screen shots....that flashlight looked out of place since everything that leads to the discussion of Apollo missions dates way back in the 80s:ohgeez:

its not a minimag ;)
but...
I'm not sure what it is :ohgeez:

That's a brass 2AA flashlight made for NASA by a company called ACR, or at least a very good copy thereof.

You can also see one tossed about in zero G in Apollo 13 and used a lot by the crew as they fix their spaceship.

One of the flashlights was up for auction in January last year, I think it sold for $2400 or so.

I'd love one!!!

Be lucky...

Illum

Flashaholic
I was watching Jackie Chan's The Medallion again....
No flashlights :(
Found a few weapon lights....nonsurefire:ohgeez:

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I was watching Jackie Chan's The Medallion again....
No flashlights :(
Found a few weapon lights....nonsurefire:ohgeez:
Whilst there are plenty of airsoft type clones out there, the bezel does look like a Z32 and it's difficult to see the foregrip housing to be sure. I suspect because I can't obviously see the L30's adapter collar that the light is not a genuine SureFire.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
When Gweneth & The Feds blew the lock on the door to the lab...

The Flash Cap was the bomb. They used its magnetic base to stick it to the door.

(probably not UltraQuip's idea of product placement)

ahh, but thats what they get for using unbranded Lithium batteries..

Crenshaw

hopkins

Enlightened
Headlamp: Journey Center of Earth

Can anyone identify the headlamp? - in the new movie out today -Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008). Actor Brendan Frazier seen here swimming with the headlamp! This one's working
underwater - I think- , so I'm understandably curious.
journeycenterearthheadlamp.jpg

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Headlamp: Journey Center of Earth

I don't know about the headlight, but the flashlight they were using looked light a standard Surefire 6P.

DM51

Flashaholic

I'm merging this into the main Flashlights in Movies thread.

Illum

Flashaholic

Can anyone identify the headlamp? - in the new movie out today -Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008). Actor Brendan Frazier seen here swimming with the headlamp! This one's working
underwater - I think- , so I'm understandably curious.

mmm, if It had a third strap that goes over the top of his head I dare to say its Black Diamond Vectra...but can't help you there on this one. One things for sure though, aside from the stenlight S7 or the zebralite there isn't very much headlights out there I dare to take underwater:laughing:

hopkins

Enlightened
Thanks Illum - it looks like it could be a nichia 5mm powered by a coin cell (or 2).
If its got a good O-ring could be waterproof to a meter.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im guessing no one here watched Hellboy 2: The Golden Army?

Selma Blair's Character, Liz Sherman, was carrying a M6 Guardian when they investigated the crime scene/murder scene of the auction house. I think one of the BPRD no-name Agents had a M3 but I couldnt get a good look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.