Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illum

Flashaholic
posting screen shots isn't too hard though, given that you have a DVD to work with...these recent movies I haven't watched, can't download them because of network speed...or else I'd post more screen shots...

this is one of those threads thats...

:nana:

ttate90303

Newly Enlightened
Im guessing no one here watched Hellboy 2: The Golden Army?

Selma Blair's Character, Liz Sherman, was carrying a M6 Guardian when they investigated the crime scene/murder scene of the auction house. I think one of the BPRD no-name Agents had a M3 but I couldnt get a good look at it.

Saw it this weekend and yeah, it was an M6.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread!

Did anybody catch "Generation Kill" on HBO tonight? Not too bad.

There was a scene where a bunch of marines were wearing headlamps with dual LEDs during a sandstorm - anybody catch what type of lights they were?

I didn't notice any other lights in this episode...

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watching cops right now and it looked like one of them had a very nice mod to his mag charger. looked a LOT brighter white than the other chargers that the cops around him had. makes me wonder if any LEO's here on CPF have ever been on cops.....??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Watching cops right now and it looked like one of them had a very nice mod to his mag charger. looked a LOT brighter white than the other chargers that the cops around him had. makes me wonder if any LEO's here on CPF have ever been on cops.....??

It's possible that his MagCharger was fresh off the charger, while the other cops may have been using theirs' for awhile.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....dang. you are probably right. but i would like to know if anyone has been on COPS. (on either end) :sssh:

I am actually very dissapointed in how many LEOs i see on TV or in person who dont think about how important light is...or at least they dont do anything about it. i hope i dont offend anyone with that remark.

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
The Surefire M6 Guardian is making a frequent appearance in movies.

Just saw Hellboy II - The Golden Army, and it showed up there a lot.

Also seen in the Spiderwick Chronicles.

-Ed

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Ed

HBII had a lot of M6's in it.

I just suffered through a movie called the Hunted with Benicio Del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones. Nice representation of Surefire's 12PM/Z in one of the scenes.

I was talking to a prop guy when they were filming Zodiac in S.F. and he was telling me that LED's aren't seen too often in movies as the beam doesn't film well. He also said that a lot of "handheld" lights are modded to increase power, in order to show up on film better (and more dramatically). They'll run power wires from the light to an external source, and then remove the wires later in post-production, or hide the wires in clothing, etc.

-dan

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw George of the Jungle fall down volcano tubes to the Center of the Earth.
"Watch out for that tre ...er... man eating plant."

Please help identify:
JourneytotheCenteroftheEarth-0.jpg

JourneytotheCenteroftheEarth-1.jpg

JourneytotheCenteroftheEarth-2.jpg

JourneytotheCenteroftheEarth-3.jpg

JourneytotheCenteroftheEarth-4.jpg

gstrand

Newly Enlightened
Saw Journey...center... yesterday... there are a couple M6's (did you see the one she finds that was covered in Dirt? Max's?) Looks like there was a 6p and maybe even an M3 or 4... it went by pretty quickly. The M6s are easier to ID.

Wondered what the headlamps were as well... :)

...and the 3D in that flick was the best I've seen yet...

Illum

Flashaholic
I just saw a trailer on the new Mummy movie: Kindom of Dragon Emperor...expect ALOT of M6?'s in that movie

there was at least 4 used in a group during an excavation part:nana:

tailcap

grip

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Ed

where was it in Spiderwick? I dont remember seeing it. I wonder if these movie M6s are using th MN20 or MN21 bulbs. and who in the production company is recommending them. I know there is a props master. i forget the title, but there is someone responsible for any prop that the actors touch or handle.

Illum

Flashaholic
if you tried reading with a M6 without a diffuser you'd know its near impossible. black words looks white regardless of font, and if your close enough you can literally feel the heat being deflected from the pages:whistle:

Praxis

Enlightened
where was it in Spiderwick? I dont remember seeing it. I wonder if these movie M6s are using th MN20 or MN21 bulbs. and who in the production company is recommending them. I know there is a props master. i forget the title, but there is someone responsible for any prop that the actors touch or handle.

Used quite often early in the movie (had to sit through this one on an airplane recently). Boy uses it to explore the dark, creepy attic. Also used for reading in bedroom as Size15 notes.

I found the M6 rather funny since the movie is about a single mother moving to an old mansion with her children. She must have a great source for CR123s and Surefire lights.

mwaldron

Enlightened
What I found great was that he read that book while hiding in the trunk all night with his M6. My suspicion is that the prolonged exposure to that bright light is what enabled him to see the bad guys for the rest of the movie!

I'm still excited about getting my first M6 (arriving Thursday), I've never had a light with that kind of runtime AND output! :huh:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used quite often early in the movie (had to sit through this one on an airplane recently). Boy uses it to explore the dark, creepy attic. Also used for reading in bedroom as Size15 notes.

I found the M6 rather funny since the movie is about a single mother moving to an old mansion with her children. She must have a great source for CR123s and Surefire lights.

The average person watching the movie will think it's just some sort of cheap, 2D, inca. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.