Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know the flashlight being used in Destination Truth it looks kinda like a RRT-3 with the handle, i am pretty sure its a dive light but i cant find out what it is. Its been in the past two episodes.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know the flashlight being used in Destination Truth it looks kinda like a RRT-3 with the handle, i am pretty sure its a dive light but i cant find out what it is. Its been in the past two episodes.

I seen that also and it looked to big to be a RRT-3, maybe a Polarin HID.

jellydonut

Enlightened
So I went to see that show to see what you were on about and I'm pretty sure it's some kind of HID - I can hear the hum of the ballast and it's similar to my PH-40. I know these shows are notorious for adding sound effects all over the place but I don't see why they would add electric converter hums when the light was close to the camera.:nana:

It is however way too small to be a Helios, so if it's a Polarion it's either an X1 or an Abyss.

destinationtruths04e02s.jpg

destinationtruths04e02s.jpg

polarionx1carry2.jpg

Looks reasonable. In motion it's easier to see the distinctive shape of the Polarion tailcap, I'm pretty sure jhc is right.

Last edited:

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Okay so this morning I was watching TV and while flicking channels, The Penguins of Madagascar came on. (Let me just point out that I was actually watching sports while having breakfast, not kids programmes. Didn't even know the penguins had a series of their own. Really! :whistle:)
At one point the penguins go down into a sewer and they whip out torches. Low and behold, they're MagLites. It was very obvious what the were and naturally I was amused that the animators had gone to the trouble of making them look like the real thing. Just as I thought about this, the penguin's Mag crapped out and he was furiously beating it on the concrete floor in the scene get it going. It didn't work, and I burst out laughing, exclaiming out loud "Yup, that's a MagLite!":crackup:

I'm glad I was on my own.

thepenguinsofmadagascarv.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
Okay so this morning I was watching TV and while flicking channels, The Penguins of Madagascar came on. (Let me just point out that I was actually watching sports while having breakfast, not kids programmes. Didn't even know the penguins had a series of their own. Really! :whistle:)

Nothing wrong with watching the Penguins! I don't watch cartoons as I find that those today cannot compare to the classics I watched as a kid like Tom & Jerry, Heckle & Jeckle, Woody Woodpecker and the likes. Back to the Penguins, I do enjoy watching them and thus the reason for my Avatar!

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Nothing wrong with watching the Penguins! I don't watch cartoons as I find that those today cannot compare to the classics I watched as a kid like Tom & Jerry, Heckle & Jeckle, Woody Woodpecker and the likes. Back to the Penguins, I do enjoy watching them and thus the reason for my Avatar!

Like the avatar.

Tom & Jerry (the Fred Quimby ones) and Topcat, my faves.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
. . . Just as I thought about this, the penguin's Mag crapped out and he was furiously beating it on the concrete floor in the scene get it going. It didn't work, and I burst out laughing, exclaiming out loud "Yup, that's a MagLite!":crackup:

LOL

Looks like a certain sue-happy ******* is about to get his latest fix.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
At one point the penguins go down into a sewer and they whip out torches. Low and behold, they're MagLites. It was very obvious what the were and naturally I was amused that the animators had gone to the trouble of making them look like the real thing. Just as I thought about this, the penguin's Mag crapped out and he was furiously beating it on the concrete floor in the scene get it going. It didn't work, and I burst out laughing, exclaiming out loud "Yup, that's a MagLite!":crackup:

I'm glad I was on my own.
You would not by chance know what the episode was called?

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone mentioned the movie kick-*** yet? That movie had an incredibly skilled armorer, 99% of the hollywood BS was cut out (except for the parts where it was obviously supposed to be a joke). No 5000 round magazines, no handgun rounds throwing people backwards, etc. and I just remembered the scene where hit-girl used a HK USP 9mm compact with this:
http://www.insighttechgear.com/images/toppic-procyon.jpg
An XTI procyon handgun light. Very cool scene :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
"Haunted Habitat". The lights show up throughout most of the episode, but the particular scene mentioned is at about 7:35 in.
That was the second or third episode of season one depending on how you look at it.

Not the only time they have used this flashlight. For example Private was using two as cones to direct Marlene (otter) back into zoo area in "Badger Pride" after she went berserk outside of Zoo and started to ride Rico.

Another episode was Field Tripped where Rico used the light to interrogate the elephant in their hideout. Start at 5:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN-NC_3PWwY

Actually it seems to be the flashlight of choice whenever I see one used in the show.

edit:
"Sometimes it just requires a magic touch" right before Rico starts beating it up on the concrete then it turns on. "There we go" and it shuts off again

Actually this may be the episode where OCD's avatar came from.

Last edited:

trav54

Newly Enlightened
In Smallville s1e15 "Nicodemus" Lana is using a Scorpion whilst Chloe is using a SureFire 9AN to search the site of a car crash.
I'm not sure I've seen a 9AN in a movie or tv show before.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer had episodes where they ran around with Surefire 9N's.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bones season premiere was last thursday. Seeley Booth was in Afghanistan and he was rocking an old style thick body Surefire M962 weaponlight on his M4

vlcsnap2010092711h53m03.png

Last edited:

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hawaii 5-0 from today (9-27): Kono (Grace Park, rrrrrrr) gets a Surefire Z2 for her graduation! With a closeup of the Z2 (RRRRRRRRRRRR)! OK, the close-up was for the personalized engraving, but never mind.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I'm 99% certain we've already discussed "The Descent" (not the FPS PC game) here already but I don't recall a discussion related to the sequel which from a Flash-a-holic's perspective could be considered a little "lack lustre" :(

I noted at the outset the Petzl headlamps (a few of which appeared to be Hybrid-duo's) & 3D cell Maglite exclusivity... being used concurrently no less (must've had magical runtimes) seemed a little wasteful considering they were so far underground...

thedescent2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.