Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

Sardaukar

Enlightened
Sardaukar, great combo there with the Steyr and Fenix T series. Very nice choices in the most bang for your buck category.

biggthumpup.gif

Can't beat $350 and $75.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Metro (striderized Ti liner inserted) + Lunasol27

IMG_7963.jpg

Last edited:

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
We went toy shopping!!!

My wife and I went toy shopping today :thumbsup:

So of course our EDC has changes.

Her's is now a new Microtech to go with her ever-present L1 Lumamax.
edc4.jpg

And mine is a CRKT M4 with my new Surefire L2 Lumamax :twothumbs
edc2.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: We went toy shopping!!!

hmmmm

they looked like thiey are photo shop cut and pastes to me...the proportion looks wrong..and so does the lighting, and the way its resting on the chains...

if its not, and im just retarded :ohgeez:, then what one earth did you do with that lighting?

Crenshaw

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks photoshopped to me too Crenshaw. If it isn't, very strange. :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Something doesn't look right about the pictures.

But if you can send me one of those knives, then I'll believe you ;)

DM51

Flashaholic

There is a thread on this theme in the Flashlight Collecting section, so I'm going to merge this thread with that one.

bullterrier

Enlightened
Ummm... DM51... did you read the rules? :eek:

They state no larger than 800x800, and none of my pictures were larger than that. No hard feelings. Thanks for your efforts to keep an eye on things. :)

I actually don't know a whole lot about it. My dad bought it from a mail-order catalogue when he was around 8-10 years old, so that would've been 1952-1954. In the catalogue it showed the thing driven through a penny. :D It had deteriorated a little bit by the time I got my grubby little hands on it. There was this awful opaque paint on the handle and it was a bit rusty, so I sanded/stripped the handle and finished it with "tung oil finish" - it's like tung oil but it's got a varnish component too - cleaned up the blade and other metal fittings, oiled the leather sheath, and it's been a great companion when I need it, usually camping. Sharpens up nicely when it needs it, which isn't often. Here are a couple pics (no larger than 800x800 :poke::thumbsup:):

IMG_0312-1.jpg

IMG_0313-1.jpg

IMG_0316-1.jpg

IMG_0317-1.jpg

IMG_0318-1.jpg

IMG_0322-1.jpg

that's a old Mora of Sweden knife.

http://www.moraofsweden.se/index.php?id=157
http://www.moraofsweden.se/index.php?cid=322&ssel=14

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
Well, the photos were not photoshopped....I use PictureIt. The photos were adjusted for brightness and contrast, and the one with the L1 and MT knife was shaded around the edges using PictureIt. The chain is mine and is on an old tree stump and the knives and lights were placed there. I adjusted the lighting as I do not have a macro lens for my camera and there were done with a regular lens and a diffused flash. To make the photos look better I did the adjustments.

Anyways, I really appreciate the implication that these photos were faked or that the items do not belong to us...very nice.

Well, hopefully this will help prove it. These photos are of my wife holding the objects. I took them with my wifes cell phone, sent them directly to email the to my photo account. Yeah, we own these things.

0711081727a.jpg

0711081727b.jpg

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the photos were not photoshopped....I use PictureIt. The photos were adjusted for brightness and contrast, and the one with the L1 and MT knife was shaded around the edges using PictureIt. The chain is mine and is on an old tree stump and the knives and lights were placed there. I adjusted the lighting as I do not have a macro lens for my camera and there were done with a regular lens and a diffused flash. To make the photos look better I did the adjustments.

Anyways, I really appreciate the implication that these photos were faked or that the items do not belong to us...very nice.

Well, hopefully this will help prove it. These photos are of my wife holding the objects. I took them with my wifes cell phone, sent them directly to email the to my photo account. Yeah, we own these things.

0711081727a.jpg

0711081727b.jpg

Are those bracelets you wear Titanium pieces??? :sssh:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are we not allowed to re-touch photos in this thread? The pictures look great, watchcollector! I have a L-UDT just like that, but with the claw. Doesn't get out at all really, they aren't allowed here except to collect.

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are we not allowed to re-touch photos in this thread? The pictures look great, watchcollector! I have a L-UDT just like that, but with the claw. Doesn't get out at all really, they aren't allowed here except to collect.
Since I'm the OP I'll state that I really don't care if the pics are touched up or not. So what???

I think it is great that people are sharing pics. I know I appreciate it!

Back on topic,

I'm really liking those Kimbers...:whistle:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I'm the OP I'll state that I really don't care if the pics are touched up or not. So what???

I think it is great that people are sharing pics. I know I appreciate it!

Back on topic,

I'm really liking those Kimbers...:whistle:

Thanks, of the 3 items shown from my EDC, I use two daily and hope I never have to use the third! Not shown is my 357 Ruger SP101, which I carry sometimes in place of the Kimber. I think my next purchase, other than Elektrolumens' Shadeslayer Fatboy, is probably going to be Benchmade 556 in yellow w/out serrations. Whaddaya think?
57050353_o.jpg

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
be advised the forum regulations require pics to be sized to within a dimension of 800x800 pixels or approx 7.85x7.85 inches