Foods you love that some people find disgusting

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
A few foods come to mind.

Lima beans, something few people I know really enjoy. (Sort of like tequila, for me, "food" though it isn't, really.)

Spicy eggplant Szechuan Chinese dish, one of my favorites.

Tofu, with a texture and bland taste that many can't accept, though like eggs it can be a great "base" for any number of wonderfully spiced and dressed-up dishes.

Soy milk instead of plain cow's milk, which chokes most of my friends but which over the past 15 years has turned out to be my choice over plain milk (go figure), whether poured over cereal or as a drink from a glass, though it doesn't seem to work well as a "cooking" milk since it won't thicken in the same way.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Tofu, with a texture and bland taste that many can't accept, though like eggs it can be a great "base" for any number of wonderfully spiced and dressed-up dishes.

Yum.. but I'll prefer some sauce with it. Or throw it into soup.

Soy milk instead of plain cow's milk, which chokes most of my friends but which over the past 15 years has turned out to be my choice over plain milk (go figure), whether poured over cereal or as a drink from a glass, though it doesn't seem to work well as a "cooking" milk since it won't thicken in the same way.

Another thumbs up. I take it as a drink though. Have never thought of using it to replace cow's milk for cereal.. can't fathom how it'll taste. Must try.

Seeing your likes, I'd recommend you get your hands on a bowl of tow huey (dou hua) if you can. Great dish.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Had fried frog leg for the first time tonight at a Chinese restaurant. It was pretty good actually. Flaky, like fish, but milder and less, well, fishy. I'd eat it again.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Pig blood cake or Pig blood pudding(豬血糕)
Dont know how to describe it, there's nothing i know taste like it. Actually yes, goose blood cake.
I pretty much eat every organ of pigs or cows, so another my favorite is crispy pig colon.

summer

Newly Enlightened
Hehehe the one on the right is good with Beer. It's pork intestines that's deep fried. No I didn't buy any since I'd like to keep my cholesterol in good shape.:D

IMG_7829.jpg
$6 for isaw? whoa. i hope that's for the whole tray. :grin2:

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
A food that I love Is BBQ pickled eggs. A good friend of mine has family that live in Kentucky and they make them all the time. He went down to visit and brought some back years ago. I've been making them ever since. I also like to make a bologna, peanut butter, and mayonnaise sandwich.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
My boss from years ago used to make them, he was always trying to get me to try one. I was in the same boat you are, nearly turned my stomach just thinking about it.....then......I tried one. Honestly it was really good. It does sound disgusting but for some reason when you put them all together it's good.

Latest posts