i love the dark!!!!! anyone else?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Photography gets me out of my home but a weird thing I never photograph humans with autism it's just impossible I don't even like eye contact I for sure ain't pointing a camera at them lol..

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think part of what makes certain binoculars useful for nighttime is the larger exit pupil. That is the ratio between power and objective lens size. At night our pupils get larger to take in more light. Best to use all of your sight.

Larger lenses on the opposite end of where our eyes go, with lower magnification, yield a larger exit pupil.

Anyone else have refined insight on this?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Mom left me a pair it one of the only things I have from when I sold my home don't forget I was on a motorcycle so I had to travel light.thrre pentax

TPA

Enlightened
My late father was an ardent photographer; if he were around today, he'd be "over the moon" at the digital cameras and color printers we have now.
I haven't shot of film in years, but I find like digital music, I miss the process of analog. The whole process of film was quite involved. Rolling your own canisters, the whole darkroom experience from developing to enlargements, etc. Digital is wonderful, but it loses some of the magic.

Not too dissimilar from digital music. I do miss fall evenings where I'd open the windows to let the cool breeze in, light some candles, and put on a vinyl album of Stan Getz or Dave Brubeck.

There's something about being part of the process. There's nothing terribly romantic about switching on the thermostat, but a nice fire in a fireplace is heavenly.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My late father was an ardent photographer; if he were around today, he'd be "over the moon" at the digital cameras and color printers we have now.
I gave my dad a digital camera and he didn't like it. He tried I'll give him that. He just preferred film. The man wrote programs for converting old factory machinery into computer driven but refused to have a home computer. He just didn't like digital.

He did eventually use a DVD player to watch certain movies when he wanted to see them and not when Turner Classic Movies got around to it.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
Photography gets me out of my home but a weird thing I never photograph humans with autism it's just impossible I don't even like eye contact I for sure ain't pointing a camera at them lol..
You've got to be comfortable with what you're doing if you're going to fully enjoy it. Concentrate on nature photography and similar; you seem pretty good at it.

editor

Newly Enlightened
it just relaxes me and if i need to see i can always just turn on my flashlight. omg i love this time of year. its not hot its dark i can control what i see
Love dark and dim flashlight occasionally. SP10 Pro is just right but I have dimmer moonlights if I want. Sad thing is that light pollution is worse than acceptable around. Sidewalk lights shine sideways (what a misunderstood mission), straight into my window.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
in my back yard fire pit skid row im happy useing wood pellets way more easy like life changing more easy but trick is load them first a lot then set fire to top Walmart gasafier sole stove knock of fis nice for pepplets