• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: FluPIC-ES for Aleph Series Lights *SOLD OUT*

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: FluPIC-ES for Aleph Series Lights

The Flupic board will not work with the 8V as the absolute maximum is 5.0V. However, some 17670s from AW might fit the bill perfectly. You can enjoy longer runtime from the improved battery capacity =)

Nice work on your mod BTW...

With a little bit of coding, I think I should be able to accodate your request. The design has everything you need and at 15 hertz strobe, that should be disorienting enough. It may actually take me a week or two to get enough ES-CANS...

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

No. The design of the es-can might protect against RP because there is no stub on the battery to make contact with the board...

HgRyu

Enlightened

My Aleph power pack (2 X CR123a) do not accept protected 17670. (bare 17670 is okay)

Please be careful...

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

goldserve said:
The Flupic board will not work with the 8V as the absolute maximum is 5.0V...

Isn't it possible to make a Flupic that works with higher input/output voltages (2x or 3x LIR's)? :thinking:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

The problem with high voltages, LDO topology is no longer a suitable choice. You'll need some full blow switching type regulator. Given my current schedule with my school project, this will not happen in the short term...

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the lack of reply here. I am currently all out of ES-CANS, screw, and pcb part. I am waiting to get some but no word yet. If anyone has a few extras they would like to sell me, please PM me! Thanks!

alauda

Enlightened

Arrived yesterday....works brilliantly. Thanks a million.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. Nice to know it works perfectly. I am still scouring for ES-CANS. I'll update you guys asap. Thanks!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can make 3 Flupic-ES cans ready for ship monday of next week. Please pay now to reserve them! Thanks!

Praxis

Enlightened

I will take one.
Could you please PM me PP details and price with shipping.
Thanks

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi Goldserve,

A couple comments:

1) Cool! :thumbsup:

2) I have been painting over the solder connections on the emitter PCB board most of the time but it is not necessary if the LED leads and solder joints are reasonable and of a nominal height. The McR-27 and McR-38 reflectors seat against the rim of the E-screw and this face is typically well above the LED leads and solder connections.

3) I have a new clickie switch module in the works that should be compatible with all of the Aleph tail cap shells as well as the Z52 shells. Because of this clickie module, I also have some guarded tail cap shells on order that are of a new design. I hope to confirm and sign of on a First Article while I am still on Maui and would expect to have switch modules, shells and complete switches by May sometime.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried to send you a PM but you inbox is full. I am very interested in one. How exactly does the switching work? Just bump the switch on to change modes? This would not work with two 123s, but would work with R123s or 17650 lions, correct? If so and if you have the makings, I would like to buy one.

Thanks,
Danny

oilp8ntr

Newly Enlightened

.. Ooops. Got my answers from Goldserve. Nevermind..

Sent PM as well with questions, but didn't want to wait and miss this.

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

McGizmo said:
Hi Goldserve,

A couple comments:

1) Cool! :thumbsup:

2) I have been painting over the solder connections on the emitter PCB board most of the time but it is not necessary if the LED leads and solder joints are reasonable and of a nominal height. The McR-27 and McR-38 reflectors seat against the rim of the E-screw and this face is typically well above the LED leads and solder connections.

3) I have a new clickie switch module in the works that should be compatible with all of the Aleph tail cap shells as well as the Z52 shells. Because of this clickie module, I also have some guarded tail cap shells on order that are of a new design. I hope to confirm and sign of on a First Article while I am still on Maui and would expect to have switch modules, shells and complete switches by May sometime.

Thanks for the comments.

I still do paint over one side of the emitter wires just incase. My soldering is very good and clean so it's a bonus.

It's very good to hear you have a switch in the works. Will it be a momentary to clicky switch like the SF?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

revolvergeek said:
I tried to send you a PM but you inbox is full. I am very interested in one. How exactly does the switching work? Just bump the switch on to change modes? This would not work with two 123s, but would work with R123s or 17650 lions, correct? If so and if you have the makings, I would like to buy one.

Thanks,
Danny

If you haven't followed all the other threads that use the flupic in their lights, changing stages involves turning the light on and off before a certain time limit. I can set the time limit for 800ms or 1.2s. This is indicated by the short blink as some as noted.

Li-ions are perfect. No 2 x cr123 but the 17650 will be bright and last a long time!

PP cash: [email protected]
PP CC + 3%: [email protected]

Thanks!