Giveaway Thread (general info)

kst

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, picked up Doc's package from the P.O. yesterday. Have some new 18650s in the VP1 charging. ;) Really sweet to see charging status on the blue screen. This is a nice upgrade to the Intellicharger i4 I've been using. Thanks again MoldyOldy and Doc.

Last edited:

Flashy808

Enlightened
Finally got to pick mine up! Having some great fun with the new light and the extra little goodies you threw in. I really appreciate it doc Thanks!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next giveaway is live!

A Convoy S2+, in red, with the metal tailcap switch. This is the light that convinced me that budget lights don't have to be low quality - it is built better than many lights that are FAR more expensive. Poppy deserves a special mention here...he was one of the guys who helped me decide what to get. Fasttech literally has scores of variations on the S2+, and he helped me pick a good one. :thumbsup: It has an XM-L2 T6-3B emitter, Fasttech claims 5000-5200K, which seems accurate enough. It has the 1400 mA (7135*4) option, so it gets warm, but not burning hot like the more high-powered options. Full disclosure: the light was in my work EDC rotation, and has seen some mild use, but has never been dropped or otherwise abused, and is in excellent condition. It will come with the original box and lanyard. If wanted, I can also throw in a Nite-Ize stretch holster, and a Keeppower 3400 mAh cell. If you win, please make sure to let me know whether or not you will use those items.

If you ask for this light, you are agreeing to never sell it. If for whatever reason you don't find yourself using it or no longer want it, you must give it away again. Profiting from it is not in the spirit of this thread.

This one is available for domestic shipping only - if you are outside the USA, please sit this one out.

Post must include "I am in for the Convoy S2+". Please also include some interesting content - links, videos, pics, and/or stories are all fine. Will close the drawing and pick a random winner at 2100 EST Tuesday, February 23.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

mellowhead

Enlightened
No bites on this yet? That's odd...
I would be in for the Convoy S2+... but sadly I'm outside of USA [emoji20] These look like nice budget lights, and they sure do come in a variety of emitter options!

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Convoy S2+

Here's an interesting video about the world and how things are changing.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Henk4U2

Enlightened
I am not from the US, so I will sit this one out.... reluctantly. This is not only a nice budget light for daily use, but also a pretty good (and very forgiving) light for your first modding attempts. It has a removable brass pill, so you can easily swap emitters and drivers in plain site. Or swap the whole pill-combo. Swap the reflector for a SMO or a TIR? 3 minutes tops. It takes 10 seconds to build yourself a shortie by swapping the 18650 tube for a 18350 tube in matching (or different) colors. You can choose between black, blue and green. Or the pretty red, which is a real babe-magnet. I have a few of them, also converted to UV-light with ZWB2 filter. Wake up, you can NEVER have too much of these lights.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Doc, for another great giveaway. I have been interested in the Convoy brand for quite some time. Almost everything I have read about it has been positive. This could be time when I finally get to see for myself.

I am linking a video from the Russian version of TV talent show The Voice. The first third, or so, is quite good, right up through the song that practically knocked me out of my chair, Georgia on My Mind. This link takes you right to that very special performance.

Enjoy.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the Convoy S2+.
The following story was aired on one of the "Discovery" channels:
After the breakup of the Soviet Union, many items considered "Classified" we're suddenly up for sale. One such item was the spacesuit and various memorabilia from Yuri Gagarin's famous "first man in space" that gave the Russians bragging rights in the "race for space". One item that did not receive much attention was a pad of paper on which Gagarin wrote notes and observations from that historic flight. After years of collecting dust, someone finally decided to translate the pad for all to read. Quite remarkable was his first person account of how prior to re-entry, the capsule began spinning out of control. After trying everything in his power, it became apparent that the capsule would burn up on re-entry to the atmosphere. Mission control patched in a phone call from the Russian President, telling Gagarin that he was a national hero and that he would be buried with full honors. Gagarin continued to fight to gain control and just as the the capsule started its re-entry the spinning slowed and he was able to control the capsule, and as we all now know, he survived and overnight went from anonymity to Russian hero. And we almost never knew what really happened...
I bet he would have really appreciated the Convoy...

Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened

Been eyeballing these lights for some time, never pulled the trigger yet.
THIS is what has been stealing some of my illumination dollars as of late .....

P1010172_zpsquxtv2vt.jpg

lichan

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Convoy S2+.

. . . don't read anything
except what destroys
the insulation between yourself and your experience
or what pulls down or what strikes at or what shatters
this ruse you call necessity.
LOUISE ERDRICH

scw2

Newly Enlightened
Next giveaway is live!

A Convoy S2+, in red, with the metal tailcap switch. This is the light that convinced me that budget lights don't have to be low quality - it is built better than many lights that are FAR more expensive. Poppy deserves a special mention here...he was one of the guys who helped me decide what to get. Fasttech literally has scores of variations on the S2+, and he helped me pick a good one. :thumbsup: It has an XM-L2 T6-3B emitter, Fasttech claims 5000-5200K, which seems accurate enough. It has the 1400 mA (7135*4) option, so it gets warm, but not burning hot like the more high-powered options. Full disclosure: the light was in my work EDC rotation, and has seen some mild use, but has never been dropped or otherwise abused, and is in excellent condition. It will come with the original box and lanyard. If wanted, I can also throw in a Nite-Ize stretch holster, and a Keeppower 3400 mAh cell. If you win, please make sure to let me know whether or not you will use those items.

If you ask for this light, you are agreeing to never sell it. If for whatever reason you don't find yourself using it or no longer want it, you must give it away again. Profiting from it is not in the spirit of this thread.

This one is available for domestic shipping only - if you are outside the USA, please sit this one out.

Post must include "I am in for the Convoy S2+". Please also include some interesting content - links, videos, pics, and/or stories are all fine. Will close the drawing and pick a random winner at 2100 EST Tuesday, February 23.

Best of luck!

I am in please.

Not really interesting content, but recently started getting into lights and was showing my buddy the difference between crappy lights and good ones. He was shocked at the difference, especially in darkness. I think he 'sees the light' for why you don't cheap out on a light for work, EDC, etc, especially since he plans to use his for self defense. Hoping I can help spread and educate more people on good lights, especially my parents :)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

How a nice headlamp mod?

QVEVOo5.jpg
I literally spit my coffee on this one!!!

Spending this week with my 5 year old grandson and learning an whole new career of changing wires between Nintendo, Playstation & Wii. I'm too old for this! Why aren't those wires universal?

I'm in for the Conway. Thanks for the nice gesture.

Last edited:

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
WOW, what an awesome idea, and you are a nice person for doing something like this. I myself am new, not only to this website, but also to CREE based LED flashlights. I only own a few of them right now, with only 1 of them being of any real quality. I'd love to win a light. I didn't see what the rules were in the second post, it only says reserved. Ya, I wouldn't consider myself a regular with a disposable income, I am more like a once in a whiler with a fixed income lol. I see a lot of lights I want but can't afford them. I'll be honest, I got that Nitecore on credit. :whistle:

Chaitanya

Banned
Stop scarrying me, I don't like them things man. I mean, I am glad you get a lot out from carrying for one of them things, but if I see one, I am going to run like hell! :eek:
I know what you mean, last year a Phd candidate had joined us for his field work in Western ghats. He was a arachnophobe and the area where we were herping for snakes is one of the best places in ghats to go in search of spiders as well. Infact one of the spider from the area is called Notably large burrowing spider. You should have seen his face when we saw one of those giant tarantulas sitting on mouth of her burrow.