Giveaway Thread (general info)

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, pretty unfortunate for the first winner...but pretty fortunate for the other winner/s :rolleyes:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just don't understand why you would enter and then not check in on the day of the drawing???
Multiple drawings now the winners have missed out on thier prizes.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Can't have been that many major unforeseen events...I think people are just not reading carefully (or at all, in some cases). I know some people don't check in as often as Ty, or me for that matter. But when you know days ahead of time, that isn't a valid reason for delay. No one is asking for potential recipients to check their e-mail every fifteen minutes, just to check in one time after the giveaway is concluded.

I'm not trying to criticize people who have for whatever reason not claimed their prize...but rather to emphasize that everyone really does need to read ALL the rules. You are potentially getting something for nothing...so I don't think it is too much to ask to spend a few minutes and fully understand how each giveaway works. This is a common problem...the big Christmas giveaway last year had a few similar issues. It definitely is less fun when we have to constantly remind people of the rules (which are there only to make it fair and manageable).

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Unfortunately, jabe1 didn't send a pm by the deadline. The next name is kst. You have until 5:00 pm eastern time 2 November (Sunday) to send a pm to me.

Last edited:

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened
Wow, it must not be close enough to Black Friday--people don't have the Free/Deal Fever yet?

Congrats, kst, if you respond! Sorry you missed it, jabe1!

BigTzzy

Newly Enlightened
Doh. I never win things. The one time I do I screw it up. :(
Not an excuse but work has been hectic. I work in an industry that is open 24/7/365 12 hour shifts with only 4 people to cover that...2 of them were out last week and I had to cover extra shifts. My one day off was Friday and with catching up with chores that were neglected all week I wasn't able to get online.
Oh well thank you anyway and congratulations to kst.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
If kst doesn't respond give it to BigTzzy since he's on now. Otherwise you'll be doing this for a week trying to find a winner :p

His call, of course, but I wouldn't suggest that. The rules are there to make it fair for everyone...if you decide to throw them out just because it is slightly inconvenient, you are doing a disservice to everyone who is compliant with the rules.

kst

Newly Enlightened
Oh Wow!, I won as an alternate :). Finally a 4 bay charger, my just as old i2 will be going to my nephew. Thank You ACruceSalus, PM on way.

ACruceSalus

Enlightened
Congratulations kst. I'm planning on mailing it tomorrow. The ironic thing is that I was an alternate winner for the Thrunite charger so it allowed me to give this one away and now I see you're paying it forward. :thumbsup: It's funny how events ripple like this.

BigTzzy and jabe1 I understand how things can get hectic and you're not able to remember or have time for everything. My wife helps me remember a lot of things and I wouldn't have gotten the Thrunite charger if she hadn't reminded me that it was still up for grabs. So hopefully you two will win something else if other things are given away.

Last edited:

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
His call, of course, but I wouldn't suggest that. The rules are there to make it fair for everyone...if you decide to throw them out just because it is slightly inconvenient, you are doing a disservice to everyone who is compliant with the rules.

That's true. Glad you ran my giveaway, i'd just get fed up and think: Screw this, here you have it! :p

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats guys!
Awesome giveaway :)
I just built a Solarforce L2T with 3 mode XML2.
I'm giving it away to my stepdaughters boyfriend ha ha
He's a good kid and always wants to play with my lights when he comes over.
I loaned him the Thrunite TiS.
And every guy needs a good light right? :)
Ty

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's true. Glad you ran my giveaway, i'd just get fed up and think: Screw this, here you have it! :p

Believe me, I was tempted a few times. Definitely learned some things, over the whole course of the thread (when I started it, it never occurred to me that getting people to claim their item(s) would be a repeat issue.). Luckily, most giveaways went smoothly despite my naiveté, and problems were the exception, not the norm.

kst

Newly Enlightened
"I was hoping that kst claimed it because the next one on the list was the neighbor's cat."

Ha ha was wondering if there was anyone else in or this could have gone on in an endless loop till someone responded. Actually this is my second alternate win, first was the Ultrafire package. Thanks all for the congrats and sorry to BigTzzy and jabe1.

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
My winning light finally arrived after almost 3 weeks :)
So much smaller Than I thought. Love it. And has got a good throw of light.
Thanks doc and me+light=addiction for proving the light.

5dae415e5a5b72f9bc4dc3e3b319eebd.jpg
c46ed1e7dd2210ca1cca8f499d1262a8.jpg

Last edited:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that light is way cool!!!
It's so small!

Hey Doc,
I still have some items I would like to add to the giveaway if that would be ok?
Thanks,
Ty

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have some items I would like to add to the giveaway if that would be ok?

Of course, you can just post the info here, or PM me with details. I'm off next week, though, so if you want me to run the giveaway, it'll probably be a couple weeks before I get around to it. Your call.