Google Map for Candlepowerforum Members

nbp

Flashaholic
I thought about originally posting this in the Cafe, but I still thought it was flashlight related so posted it in the general forum.

It's unfortunate that this thread resides in the Cafe as I don't think it will get the exposure or participation that it would otherwise. In the years that I have been a member I have looked in the Cafe one time, to see what type of posts were there. It is what it is.

I think it will get enough views here - if the topic is interesting, people find it wherever it is. And there is a fair amount of traffic in the Cafe actually.

I added myself - a general area anyways. Fun idea. :)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
A lot of unlabelled pins on that map. While I would not suggest pegging your precise street address, at least put your name on it somewhere within a few miles or kilometers of your location.

Fat Boy

Enlightened
Disappointed there is no one else in Minnesota on the map. Come on MN nice, let's get going. :)

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if every member can see this thread so what do you guys think if we added for other people. For example, they put their location in their profile. Clearly it seems ok that they display their location publicly. Just drop the name in their listed city. Bad idea?
The map can fill out pretty fast that way.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would agree, no placing other people on the map. Invite them to join in, but don't do it for them.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I would agree, no placing other people on the map. Invite them to join in, but don't do it for them.

Some people want their privacy/don't WANT others to know where they are. Of course, if they include it in their sig/profile etc, it may not be as large an issue, but, still, I'd think this should be an optional inclusion by the participants.