Gruesome Walking Dead Zombie Merge Horror. Which flashlight would you EDC?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A new twist - show us your zombie lights collection and explain why you chose the

For my hand: 6P with M61LL. I also have an A19 extender and dummy CR123, so I can run one, two, or three primaries, or 2xAA in a pinch. This will let me have a long running low level light that will suffice for most tasks and versatility of multiple battery configurations. I also keep a SC1 spares carrier with a P60 incan for backup.

For my gun: 6P with M61 for brightness (aids in target ID) and durability

DSC03598.jpg

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Re: A new twist - show us your zombie lights collection and explain why you chose the

Just a couple:

SF C2 with M61W
SF G2z with M61L HCRI
BOB.jpg

Maratac AAA (SS and Cu)
DressEDC.png

ToolKit2.jpg

Nitecore Ti
Fenix LD01
ToolKit1.png

Don't know if a roundy 6P with McClicky and NailBender drop qualifies, but it's the one most likely to be nearby - I keep it in my jacket wherever I go.
NightHikes.png

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

For my hand: 6P with M61LL. I also have an A19 extender and dummy CR123, so I can run one, two, or three primaries, or 2xAA in a pinch. This will let me have a long running low level light that will suffice for most tasks and versatility of multiple battery configurations. I also keep a SC1 spares carrier with a P60 incan for backup.

For my gun: 6P with M61 for brightness (aids in target ID) and durability

Just a couple:

SF C2 with M61W
SF G2z with M61L HCRI
Nitecore Ti
Fenix LD01
Don't know if a roundy 6P with McClicky and NailBender drop qualifies, but it's the one most likely to be nearby - I keep it in my jacket wherever I go.
Great stuff, Guys. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

BIG45-70

Enlightened
The Walking Dead tribute. Which flashlight would you EDC?

In light of the The Walking Dead returning from the mid season finally and brighting up my sunday nights, which light you would EDC if you were living though there eye's in the zombie apocalypse?

I'm going with surefire 9P and malkoff M61llw. The switch is pretty well fail safe. Lithiums cr123's have a long life and possible scavanged and I've tested the runtime with 2 AA's out to 14 hours with plenty of life. What do you choose?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Walking Dead tribute. Which flashlight would you EDC?

My Quark AA and Zebralight H51w. The moonlight modes have enough light for me do most things that I need to, will retain my night vision so I can see and shoot the Zombs, good for around 300~400 hours from 1xAA, and they have the lowest chance of giving up my position.

brandocommando

Enlightened

FiveMega 2 "C" host, with a M31HCRI module. I run it off of 4000mah tenergy centura LSD C cells. I don't know the runtime, but I know it runs for a loooooong time!
Also, I can run it off of primaries in a pinch, which I could find anywhere!

DSCN2134.jpg

Runner-ups...

My TK45, TK41, LD25, LD40, HDS 170T, or HDS 120HCRI clicky (which I do not actually have yet.)

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened

MY Peak Logan (SS) 17500 and multi cell adapter kit which allows use of AAA/10440, AA/14500/, CR123/16340 would be a good EDC, but I'd need a big honking light to bash some zombie brains in too. :sick2:

scottyhazzard

Enlightened

Love that series on Netflix. My Zabralight inexplicably died so Zebra is out for me. Going to go with the Jetbeam Jet 1 Pro V 3 only because I don't know how if the new X-ML version gets hot. My reasoning is its small bright and if the grid goes down there will be plenty of AA's to collect from stores and TV remotes.

brandocommando

Enlightened

MY Peak Logan (SS) 17500 and multi cell adapter kit which allows use of AAA/10440, AA/14500/, CR123/16340 would be a good EDC, but I'd need a big honking light to bash some zombie brains in too. :sick2:

TK70?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd go with the Gerber Omnivore, Jetbeam RRT0 with AA extender and Zebralight sc80.
The three multi fuel lights that I can think of. The Gerber and Jetbeam are already ordered.
Haven't bought the sc80 yet, hopefully the zombie Apocalipse holds off for awhile ;)

eg1977

Newly Enlightened

Novatac SPL-120 & County Comm Red SO-LED
6884846085_02fe8c1a38.jpg

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened

I'd go with the Gerber Omnivore, Jetbeam RRT0 with AA extender and Zebralight sc80.
The three multi fuel lights that I can think of. The Gerber and Jetbeam are already ordered.
Haven't bought the sc80 yet, hopefully the zombie Apocalipse holds off for awhile ;)

+1
Will go with the RRT-0...AA/CR123 compatible and i am sure i can salvage AA a lot easier than CR123 anywhere. Might not dish out 1k lumen, but i am sure i can hear them go *grrr* before i could see them...

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

-6D Maglite with Terralux drop-in to use as an impact weapon.
-Infinity Ultra G - long lasting, single AA powered, low output so as not to attract the walkers
-some sort of Surefire weapon light attached to a silenced Ruger 10/22 for dispatching the zombies

JudasD

Enlightened

EDC? I plan on being one of the zombies! Brains are delicious!:sick2:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast

In light of the The Walking Dead returning from the mid season finally and brighting up my sunday nights, which light you would EDC if you were living though there eye's in the zombie apocalypse?

I'm going with surefire 9P and malkoff M61llw. The switch is pretty well fail safe. Lithiums cr123's have a long life and possible scavanged and I've tested the runtime with 2 AA's out to 14 hours with plenty of life. What do you choose?

I think the SF 9P/Malkoff M61WLL pairing is dead-on :D That combo would be reliable and have plenty of output in a world without electricity.There is an argument to be made though for a 5 or 6 D Mag with an LED drop-in though..........

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

In the zombie apocalypse a light with moonlight mode would be critical...wouldn't want to draw attention to yourself. My first choice for an EDC light would be my Quark AA (with the XM-L head) which has a great moonlight mode (no pre-flash with this new head.) The AA battery is very common, and the Quark AA can use a NiMH, 14500 Li-ion, lithium primary, or a AA alkaline. I'd want a few of my other quarks, so I could change battery types and have spare parts. Quarks are interchangeable with each other, so I'd bring my Quark 123, Quark AA2, and an 18650 body plus batteries of all types, charger, & solar panel.

I'd also want my Zebralight H51 & H501w for hands-free use.

I'd prolly want one of my bigger lights to be used as a search light or a gun light mounted on my Kel-Tec SU-16c. Maybe the Olight M21X....pictured below.

th_Kel-TecSU16cwithOlightM21X1.jpg
th_Kel-TecSU16cwithOlightM21X2.jpg

fonaryk

Newly Enlightened

Something XM-L floody on an incendiary shotgun:

2pqqjj7.gif

what in the world is an incendiary shotgun!?!?!? I assume it's just the shells and where can I get them? Very cool for zombie control.