Hamburgers & Hot Dogs: Best Places To Go / How Do You Make Them At Home?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thanks Red, it's a gas grill. Here's our oldest saying goodbye to the old one and checking out the new. circa 2005

c3F5RG2.jpg

He really wanted to keep the old one. I explained that we didn't need two and that we were going to give the old one to somebody that needed it since it was in good-working condition. It surprised me how he was more sad about the old one leaving than having a new one. It took him the better part of 15 years before he finally cooked on it.

Grilling is always a stressful endeavor for me. His first solo BBQ was burgers for four and they were cooked to perfection. Came in and said to me. "It wasn't stressful at all."

Your old one looks just like my first one.
IIRC instructions said "20 minutes assembly time"
Why do they always lie?
I had power tools and it still took me twice as long!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mouth is watering now...nathan's for hot dogs but you can't beat papayas...white manna's hackensack is the only place for burgers.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Has anyone had the butcher grind up a couple of USDA Prime steaks to make their hamburgers?

The other day coming back from the store, I stopped by McDonald's and got some Big Mac's, only because I have not had one in a while, and they were very good, I still like them.

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Many, many years ago I would occasionally get chuck roast/steak ground up at my local Ralphs supermarket. The fat content made for excellent burgers for sure.

However, I only eat red meat once a month these days and that is usually reserved for a nice Ribeye or New York Strip steak...

I use to enjoy a nice McDonald's quarter pounder now and then when I was a teenager but these days - Fatburger is my choice.

Cheers,
Tim

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Red, it's a gas grill. Here's our oldest saying goodbye to the old one and checking out the new. circa 2005

He really wanted to keep the old one. I explained that we didn't need two and that we were going to give the old one to somebody that needed it since it was in good-working condition. It surprised me how he was more sad about the old one leaving than having a new one. It took him the better part of 15 years before he finally cooked on it.

Grilling is always a stressful endeavor for me. His first solo BBQ was burgers for four and they were cooked to perfection. Came in and said to me. "It wasn't stressful at all."

That's awesome! I have basically the same Weber grill from '98. Here's a pre-2000 photo of me grilling up some hamburgers.
And 22 years later it's still used weekly! Only change was a flavorizer bar replacement. Talk about made to last!

c3M1hFCm.jpg

This Sunday the family will be over for hamburgers and maybe a few Quarantinis! :D

Poppy

Flashaholic
Sadly the Weber has aged better than I have...:sigh:
lol, years ago I didn't post pictures of myself for privacy issues, now, I don't like what I see in the mirror :(

Yesterday's lunch.
Who doesn't like a burger with some melted blue cheese, or Gorgonzola cheese?
Again, with pickled red onions.
Quick and dirty, but delicious.

21W3KToCUt8ndjEK4PwtxV9TQf5JMZn2Y3SHkkIMbKoX7_bHTPRQirdLFNsT5OrgGL1l83PAzc7M8E-DW1gF9HmD_LiR5lMOWHXQ4OZr4KZ3vOr5l1s1YRDC5RWWqrv6QJYKcNQ1hRzjAwVFAaltmTerX253ZLN45myst-Nim1nYzNZB5-5CJoj3LEbs9Juqbe8u_sRDHRorrLZK2RDMvzcMDXhyka1vuEdnnIOSQff-iTqMTpn2zfdcl3stKwmCrQFo4XCaULZQJ15Q4j1MysoDCTL439kSiuxOSTCaCWxRaMl3aloPdKsHRkPXoMkfPDeSNkj9EFx9auOhrPlTIcJsdzfrVDWp6F_0DSdfTsZIfwtydqajWj1iSw5n9cnv1C_rm2-RiLJ5doHymQAk-LB8s4owbALq8PrJgjJxvk6Kt2jmmu_XGQ2gWryxaccS5PbrNLb_jdExATlZHsh4hp-8tv3eB836m1HkFEHr_9vn5Q-SgyQAmxWDs2PCRZnCdncQdIG_MPbIi7MvIUvWqMsvySXEva4qwicFByCC2jLUgI5R9UQj-0vYRP3twA3JGFYYhrY1kpfjMlO_PJAqIr4Mq8UgXAK78KU8wQhhwD92En_E-OhQDkW9JAMw8sWEDo8Uvj_V216cQCVFqH0mYg5L-9s26D6015TOGfX-h-Cv0phOVnaGpdRN1IYjUz9M2XfvRLbKA8lgB5R03zavwlSFQ1Ht0hqQ8bCxbJhHw_XF3Olrsu4Vg8I=w568-h757-no

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I cook mine in a wok! No real reason i just cant find my frying pan. Im sucha mess i lose a darn frying pan!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night we went with friends to the Shannon Rose in Ramsey NJ. There is another one in Clifton NJ.
They did a nice job of Outside dining in their large parking lot, and live entertainment by a pianist who does a terrific Billy Joel.
Tables were comfortably spread apart for safe distancing.

I was tempted to get a pulled pork sandwich, but my daughter reminded me, that IT is the ONLY place to get a "Murder Burger" So, yes... Murder Burger it is!

It's a grilled burger, with layers of cheeses, sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles, jalapeno peppers (sans peppers for me), on a beer battered brioche bun, and then deep fried.

Undoubtedly it is a coronary on a plate, but what a way to go!

Here is a video review with the first 4 minutes cut off.

Here is a vid of how it is made
https://www.facebook.com/NJ.com/videos/631546500629311/

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Years ago I was at a hospital visiting a relative and had a burger in the cafeteria. It was wonderful. Well done but juicy. The texture was soft.
My sister said they boil burgers in hospitals. Try as I may I have not been able to duplicate it. I've come close a few times though. Add a pinch of salt and pepper……

Anybody here dig on boiled burgers?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Best I could tell Andy they have a backet that has slices for the burgers and they lower the basket down into the boiling water like a basket of french fries into a fry daddy.

When I have tried it I just place them in a pan of hot (but not quite boiling yet) water and boil them about 5 minutes. I don't wait until water is boiling so that the "surprise" of cold meat into boiling water isn't so drastic.

Latest posts