Have you ever forgot your flashlight when you really needed it

Samy

Enlightened
I lost power at work last year, we couldn't operate business but i had to stay and look after the shop after dark. Not a flashlight on me but a half dead 4d mag incan i managed to find. Now i carry 2 decent lights and keep 2 more in the car when i go to work ;) If i'm expecting storms with the possibility of power loss i take the TK 41 and others with fresh batteries so i can light the place up if we lose power. Also make sure i take my emergency services scanner.

cheers

bstrickler

Enlightened
Never forgotten a flashlight when I needed it. Always have my E01 on me, unless I'm working on the car (then it's in the tool box). My Surefire U2 is almost always in my pocket. If it's not in my pocket, it's right next to me.

I also carry a Fenix E15 on my keychain, and a 6P with a Dereelight 1.2a XR-E module, and 2 spare sets of primary CR123's in my car.

I have a 3D and 2D LED mag-lite next to my couch for emergency use, or we're going somewhere that will need extra lights, or a throwy light.

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
An E05 is plenty bright enough for a night time walk, 26 lumens isn't it? My P3 (13lumens) was more than sufficient for walking the dog, obviously more light is better, but it's more than sufficient to see where you're going and not step in stuff.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but I did not really need one that I forgot. I have them in various places in my home so I don't have to carry one. Those things are not critical, and seldom happen. However, that is the reason many here carry a small key chain or AAA light in their pockets. Unless I forget my pants I have a coin light on my key ring, and a iTP3 in my pocket. :)
But I do not remember ever having a critical need for a flashlight at home. I keep at least two in each of my vehicles, and when I had a boat I had at least one that stayed in the boat during fishing season.
Here in NM we do not have long power outages as happens in other states like AR. It would be critical to have an outage without light. I have enough camping stuff that we are OK if that happened.

I do not doubt that such critical circumstances do happen, but it has not happened to me.
Regards,
Jerry

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
Yes I've been without a light when it would have really been useful. I now have small aaa lights on all of my keychains, so there should be some light available when it's needed.

Mike

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have friends up the road from where I live in a rural area who are totally off the grid, way out in the woods. One evening many years ago, I was invited for dinner and arrived while it was still light out. Their house is about 75 yards away from their "parking area" and it is a windy path through the forest to their front door. Well, late that night after a delicious meal and a few glasses of wine I bid my friends farewell and started back towards my truck when I realized that because it had been light out when I arrived I had totally forgotten to bring any of the flashlights that are always in my vehicle and in those days didn't have a keychain light. (I had left my keys in the truck anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered.) I didn't think it would be hard to get up to my truck since I knew the terrain well so I started off in the pitch dark and before I knew it I was "lost" in the woods somewhere between my friend's house and my truck. After tripping over some tree roots several times I remembered that I had a book of matches with me but every time I lit one it would blow out right away or burn my finger tips after walking a few paces. It took quite some time and the entire book of matches but I finally managed to "grovel" my way back to the truck. What an ordeal! Never again!

Last edited:

Latest posts