HDS Firefly 100% Diffuse GITD Reflector

Robe

Enlightened
Oh man. It came.

Went to unscrew the head and just the bezel came off hah. Had to work a bit to get the whole thing.

The GITD is so bright. Also it didn't click just how much a change the reflector would make. With the removal of a... reflector. Kind of a focused mule. Want to see it when it's dark. So cool.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Gonna leave locator flash on tonight. This thing is so bright, I bet just that quick flash will be enough to keep the reflector partially charged...….forever....muahahahaha!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my firefly reflectors..... Woow :huh::clap::bow:

I was thinking the Double Beryl is bright and lasts long. But the Firefly is much brighter and you can see the glowing all night very well. Happy ordered more than one of this. :sssh:

When I have time I will update the compare of my GITD reflectors.

PS. @Hogo, thanks you made this babies happen. They are really great! :twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

K-T

*Moderator*
I received mine last week also and am impressed since then and every time (and kicking my butt for not getting a Double Beryl or similar).

It is wonderful bright and lasts long enough. The kids love it and it is a struggle to get the light back - the wife complains that it is too bright. She got all confused thinking the bright green shining is the light still being switched on until I explained to her that I swapped the "reflector".

So who wants to sell a DB one? :sick2::naughty:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took some time, but here is the compare:
2NIjjRn.jpg

From left: "Violet me", Double Beryl, Pumpkin spice, Blue Moon, Firefly

Maybe Hogo finds some time adding a Red one or White one. :poke: Than I would enhance the compare! :naughty:

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Hogo finds some time adding a Red one or White one. :poke: Than I would enhance the compare! :naughty:

We played with white, but I didn't like it at all. Was basically a mix of the other colors, and was less than stellar.

We do have one Firefly in a complete silver bezel assembly left. If someone wants it, PM me and I will send you the super secret code to purchase it on the HDS website.

Edit: It's gone. Sold. Poof!

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
We played with white, but I didn't like it at all. Was basically a mix of the other colors, and was less than stellar.
Ok... I saw only pictures of white glow powder and that was not that bad, at least on the pictures. But I know pictures can lie. It is a pity there is no nice white GITD stuff.... would be cool in a reflector. But anyway I think we all have great GITD reflectors, and I am happy with the reflectors....:twothumbs

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did these sell for?

Also these cause a loss of .5 cri, which diffuse reflector had a gain of .5 cri, i can't recall?

Unfortunately I missed out on all the different runs but would like to get a diffuse reflector at some point in life. I'm sure there will be future reflectors made, possibly one for continuous sale on the site at some point

Thanks

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a firefly diffuse reflector. Someone willing to sell or I can trade for a white diffuse or double beryl. I'm located in Europe though. Pm me if interested. Thanks

K-T

*Moderator*
What kind of glow - material was the firefly? Is that a secret I have to die for?

Latest posts