Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Yes, but only if the colors match

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • No. Paint it Black!

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, "This is (not) the end my Friend..." Sounds good to me! I can't stop lookin at that beautiful Ford wagon! Tho, it needs a set of surfboard racks lovecpf

Greta

Flashaholic
ampdude - take some time off. You don't seem to be able to control yourself or your language even after warnings.

Everyone else... carry on.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, what's the likelihood of an HA Nat run coming before the titanium run (if that happens)?

Waaaaaaaaay to many if's and speculation. I won't even hazard a guess at this point.

Henry and I have discussed several of these things just today (and have been discussing HA Nat since January and been speaking with anodizers about it as well). We have certainly more focused on just getting lights out the door.

So, at this point, I won't guess. If I ask Henry, he will probably just say "two weeks". (I couldn't help myself.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-2einPmd4 (this shows how old I am)

moltenmag

Enlightened
Waaaaaaaaay to many if's and speculation. I won't even hazard a guess at this point.

Henry and I have discussed several of these things just today (and have been discussing HA Nat since January and been speaking with anodizers about it as well). We have certainly more focused on just getting lights out the door.

So, at this point, I won't guess. If I ask Henry, he will probably just say "two weeks". (I couldn't help myself.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-2einPmd4 (this shows how old I am)

Totally understand Hogo. Shipping/production should be #1 priority. Just looking forward to the possibility of having an HA Nat HDS (and maybe titanium). I was hoping Surefire would bring back HA Nat anodizing on their lights... like the LX2 Lumamax. I can't count on them to do that though with the size of their company. Plus they don't really listen to their customers as much as you and Henry do. Not even close. That's why I love it here on CPF... I feel like I'm actually part of the journey of HDS Systems. Like we are one strange happy family lol.

As much as I love black... I sure am tired of black everything. I want some of that vintage color back in my EDC! I know I can count on you guys to revive the HA Nat or titanium (all things considered)... right? :)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally understand Hogo. Shipping/production should be #1 priority. Just looking forward to the possibility of having an HA Nat HDS (and maybe titanium). I was hoping Surefire would bring back HA Nat anodizing on their lights... like the LX2 Lumamax. I can't count on them to do that though with the size of their company. Plus they don't really listen to their customers as much as you and Henry do. Not even close. That's why I love it here on CPF... I feel like I'm actually part of the journey of HDS Systems. Like we are one strange happy family lol.

As much as I love black... I sure am tired of black everything. I want some of that vintage color back in my EDC! I know I can count on you guys to revive the HA Nat or titanium (all things considered)... right? :)

I tend to be a bit old school myself... and I wasn't kidding before regarding parkerized firearms.. I personally would love a nice natural HA Rotary, and I'm sure that has nothing to do with my motivation to get a short run done... cough... cough...

moltenmag

Enlightened
Even currently there are 7 choices of emitter on the HDS website, and I would expect that to increase in time.

Hogo, keep the good news coming! Totally stoked for what you have planned! I love my vintage 120 HCRI 3700k. Hopefully my High Ember will "one-up" it! Any chance on beam shots of the 2700k?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, keep the good news coming! Totally stoked for what you have planned! I love my vintage 120 HCRI 3700k. Hopefully my High Ember will "one-up" it! Any chance on beam shots of the 2700k?

They aren't made yet. The circuit boards are currently getting all the electronics put on them and the emitters mounted.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the Hcri has limited availibilty. Hopefully, if it runs out something else Hcri will replace it.

We will always offer a Hcri model, just the emitter will change, and most likely, keep changing to different color temps and tints. The reason for HDS running out a few years ago was... well, the 170N was called that because although the spec sheet called it a hicri... it was below 90 and at HDS it isn't HiCRI unless it is 90 plus. In the past availability was not very good, so when they were purchased, entire reals were bought.

There are lots of different Nichia HiCRI available now in different temperatures, so the plan is to rotate them around

d13avo

Enlightened
I'm interested Dan but do you do interest free finance or will these be spaced out a bit. I thought the final group buy was 2700K, 3000K, 3500K & 4000K. Then interest on Titanium, interest on a Brass and now interest on Natural HA. I've always joked but it maybe time for me to actually sell one of my kidneys lol.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested Dan but do you do interest free finance or will these be spaced out a bit. I thought the final group buy was 2700K, 3000K, 3500K & 4000K. Then interest on Titanium, interest on a Brass and now interest on Natural HA. I've always joked but it maybe time for me to actually sell one of my kidneys lol.

I'm just gauging interest. It wouldn't be a group buy. They would be right off of the HDS website on the custom page. It's my evil influence with Henry.

So, how much for your kidney? I might need another in awhile and it never hurts to stock up.

d13avo

Enlightened
I'm just gauging interest. It wouldn't be a group buy. They would be right off of the HDS website on the custom page. It's my evil influence with Henry.

So, how much for your kidney? I might need another in awhile and it never hurts to stock up.

Lol, all that rum. I was just thinking if all these interest threads come to fruition I'm going to be well and truly skint and most probably single.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, all that rum. I was just thinking if all these interest threads come to fruition I'm going to be well and truly skint and most probably single.

I don't back down from this stuff either. I'm dealing with the same thing in another industry where they want to not make certain things anymore because it's cheaper to make what they make now even though it's not as good. $ are what matters most of the time all around.