HDS/Ra Clicky & Rotary Serial Number Registry! (Part 2)

darwin

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea why these are done? I welcome an explanation.

Anywho: HDS Executive Clicky 325 - Zombie Green - 36346

Shot Show from the man himself!

I see them as interesting from the standpoint of numbers of each model based on age of the lights... And also mildly interesting and useful for the "lost/stolen" lights (I'm on that list from "pre-crash".) it hasn't recovered the light, but good to check before purchasing a used light. You can also potentially learn more about the light in question other than "so I got this light, it says Ra on it and it's really bright."

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see them as interesting from the standpoint of numbers of each model based on age of the lights... And also mildly interesting and useful for the "lost/stolen" lights (I'm on that list from "pre-crash".) it hasn't recovered the light, but good to check before purchasing a used light. You can also potentially learn more about the light in question other than "so I got this light, it says Ra on it and it's really bright."

Thats pretty interesting. Especially the stolen part, that is angering. Wish Henry would put out an "Find my HDS" feature like find my iPhone. Then you can track it or brick it!

;)

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Thats pretty interesting. Especially the stolen part, that is angering. Wish Henry would put out an "Find my HDS" feature like find my iPhone. Then you can track it or brick it!

;)

Hahaha. I'd gladly LoJack the incoming Ti clicky! And yes, I've considered chipping mine.

My current thought is to put an information slip in the battery compartment wrapped around the battery. With something along the lines of:

"Free lifetime battery replacements. Please send light to XXXX."
"Reward if found."

Or just the contact info.

My guess is that 99% of the people out there who "find" a lost or stolen light of this quality wouldn't know what it was... Nor would they know what those "weird short non AA(A)" batteries are.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha. I'd gladly LoJack the incoming Ti clicky! And yes, I've considered chipping mine.

My current thought is to put an information slip in the battery compartment wrapped around the battery. With something along the lines of:

"Free lifetime battery replacements. Please send light to XXXX."
"Reward if found."

Or just the contact info.

My guess is that 99% of the people out there who "find" a lost or stolen light of this quality wouldn't know what it was... Nor would they know what those "weird short non AA(A)" batteries are.

Im fairly certain a cleaning lady at a hotel swiped my Mcgizmo Saphire, so I was already upset with your loss. That comment you just made put me in werewolf mode though! I don't like people. I used to not like them too, but I still do.

:twak:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greatscoot.............Rotary R1B-200..............SN#22450 (Purchased from Tactical Led in Aug 2011) Black Bezel, Raised Button.
Rotary Hyper Red............SN#33520 (Purchased from another CFP'er in Mar, 2015) Silver Bezel, Flush Button.

Latest posts