HDS Second and Final 4000k Group Buy interest thread.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh. Now that's an evil thought. If Henry makes a change that antiquates these in any way I would be very unhappy.

I would say count yourself lucky that you didn't participate in this. I can't imagine anything with the light making me feel that a +1 year wait was worthwhile. I really hope Henry proves me wrong. Maybe these lights will include a built-in flamethrower - now that would be worth the wait! :D
I think it is the year long wait is antiquatining them, hoping he would give a boost or something to help mitigate this.

doctordun

Enlightened
What is somewhat frustrating is reading the main HDS thread about all the folks placing an order and getting their lights. Our group buy is obviously on the back burner.
That being said, I am still looking forward to getting this light. I just wish there was some communication as we proceed. It's a lot easier being patient if we are kept in the loop.

nbp

Flashaholic
It's only antiquated if Henry had moved on to a new emitter or higher output in the time you've waited. He hasn't. So, it's as relevant as when the order was placed.

Not saying it hasn't been a looong wait. We waited like 9 months for the NRA Blue lights too. Just saying you're still getting a great product.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a year guys. Don't get your panties in a bunch that technology is moving forward and I am mentioning it. If you don't mind, then don't comment. I am starting to mind after a year. And I have the right to do so after being patient this long.

Doug

Enlightened
I just noticed the message asking us to send an email to confirm our order... So I just did that.... I hope the parts are not all glued in, as I want to be able to swap parts around on the two lights I ordered, in case I feel the desire....

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a year guys. Don't get your panties in a bunch that technology is moving forward and I am mentioning it. If you don't mind, then don't comment. I am starting to mind after a year. And I have the right to do so after being patient this long.
Okay then, you'll still get the upgraded tech. Candlelight mode will be 11 clicks instead of 9. I see people wanting an increase in lumens because it's been a year, but that's not what HDS is about. He is still using the same emitters as a year ago (across the board), so no new improvements. I don't think there's even been an update in the driver (UI) since the first batch of 4000k XP-L.

I would be very frustrated by the wait, and would welcome some kind of gesture, but there is no new tech with HDS lights in that time.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay then, you'll still get the upgraded tech. Candlelight mode will be 11 clicks instead of 9. I see people wanting an increase in lumens because it's been a year, but that's not what HDS is about. He is still using the same emitters as a year ago (across the board), so no new improvements. I don't think there's even been an update in the driver (UI) since the first batch of 4000k XP-L.

I would be very frustrated by the wait, and would welcome some kind of gesture, but there is no new tech with HDS lights in that time.
Like I said. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Seems they are still up there. Relax, you seem to not even be part of this group buy.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Seems they are still up there. Relax, you seem to not even be part of this group buy.
Nope, I almost joined, but I got one from someone in the first group buy instead. I was hoping to maybe find one from this group buy as well, I love it that much. No panties in a bunch here, just not sure what people are wanting when they say "new tech" in reference to HDS. Like I said, I would be extremely frustrated as well if I had $400 tied up in this as well, but there is no new tech that you're missing out on. Any new improvements to the driver (which would most likely just be UI changes) would be included when he builds them.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are uncertain of what a person means. You should probably begin with a question. ;)

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
simply put there are higher binned 4000k emitters out now than a year ago. in this case that would mean either a bump in output or an increase in run time. not trying to add fuel to the fire. my car was due to be inspected a couple months ago. the place I take my car to get inspected is only 5 minutes away. still, I went a month and a half past the due date for no other reason than I was being lazy. for moments I simply forgot, other times I would remember and say "I will get it done next week". in my personal life I am a habitual procrastinator, it is something I have to actively try to correct (to-do lists, ect.). my main motivation in life is money. so at work I don't have a problem, because im getting paid. this group buy is a clear reminder why I should never be paid upfront for anything.

slim4511

Newly Enlightened
Well I am getting excited again. Hogo thought two months ago that we were getting close. We must be even closer now.

hank_612

Newly Enlightened
It's not like we can be further. I had a birthday this month and was looking forward to giving myself a present. Now I am hoping I can give myself a light for Christmas. :santa:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emails will be going out this weekend to everyone on the list. If you do not get an email from me by Monday September 26, 2016, please contact me at hogokansatsukan (the at symbol) gmail.com.
There are balances due that you will need to Paypal. MAKE SURE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS IS CORRECT IN PAYPAL. Your light will be shipped to whatever address you have in your Paypal account. Very few exceptions to this!

The lights will start shipping the first week of October. October 2016. This October. In 7 days. That's 7 days from today. :twothumbs

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
emails have gone out to everyone on the list.
If you did not get one, email me. For some folks, I had to use whatever email address you have in your PayPal account, so be sure to check that one.
I'm going to go drink a case of rum now.