HDS Systems #23

p73rs

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if it is just for me. But, "FAQ" and "software edit history" are not working in the HDS website. They were working last week. Do you have the same problem? Perhaps, there are some updates to those pages with new information.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are working now. Thanks.

I need to be more patient next time.

Nope. Don't be patient. They were broken and not working. I saw your post, informed Henry, and he went in and got the links working. Apparently the host had changed some organization which broke the links.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Maybe a year ago I've read that there will be a new redesigned battery compartment. Any news?

We are a year closer than the last time you heard about it, which is exciting news! /s

I think last Hogo spoke of the new design it was still a ways out and that might be putting it mildly.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are a year closer than the last time you heard about it, which is exciting news! /s

I think last Hogo spoke of the new design it was still a ways out and that might be putting it mildly.

It will be with the new light and won't work on existing lights.
The only thing for existing lights was the pre-order for 18350 and 18500 tubes which are in process now. Will still be awhile before those are done and ready.

In other news:
As many of you know, we had a shipping delay here at HDS while we fired one vendor and switched to another. A rather key item, the power supply, is now being manufactured by a vendor in Tucson who specializes in building boards for the military. We toured their facility some time ago when we started to have concerns about the current vendor.
I'm happy to say, we received the first batch, and today are shipping lights again. These should be even better than past HDS lights (not that an end user is going to notice the difference in the more robust electronics) but internal quality has gone up.

ironhorse

Enlightened
You should know better than to put out there that the new ones are better now. These lunatics are going to think that their "old" lights aren't good enough now.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, Henry has been doing this kind of thing from the beginning of HDS.
The only difference now is that I tell you about it.
Think about it... there are 22 versions of the software alone... there are at least that number of unknown (to the end user) upgrades and changes in the physical power supply and tail electronics.

whill44

Enlightened
Actually, Henry has been doing this kind of thing from the beginning of HDS.
The only difference now is that I tell you about it.
Think about it... there are 22 versions of the software alone... there are at least that number of unknown (to the end user) upgrades and changes in the physical power supply and tail electronics.

Had always assumed this but it's good to hear every once in a while. A company should always be moving forward to make the product more efficient, robust and or cost effective. I've always believed 10 small improvements are worth more than one big change. Keep up the good work guys.

Latest posts