HDS Systems #23

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as Folks killing their light… Emitter swaps is number one. There is a component under the LED board on the driver that is heat sensitive… It wasn't specifically designed that way, but that gets fried and then the magic smoke leaves the light. Probably the second most common is someone taking the rotary tail apart for whatever reason. That won't kill the light, but can certainly make the light act as though it has been drinking a lot of rum.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Not all are from folks modding the HDS but more than a fair share are.
I would absolutely encourage doing emitter swaps in the HDS... we like to sell just the head.
Edit: We're going to need a bigger cigar box!

They're definitely enjoying the "dolce far niente".

LRJ88

Enlightened
As far as Folks killing their light… Emitter swaps is number one. There is a component under the LED board on the driver that is heat sensitive… It wasn't specifically designed that way, but that gets fried and then the magic smoke leaves the light. Probably the second most common is someone taking the rotary tail apart for whatever reason. That won't kill the light, but can certainly make the light act as though it has been drinking a lot of rum.
Maybe you could sell "i ****ed up" kits, to cover all the possible bases it'll include all parts that might get botched during a "repair": battery compartment, head, reflector, glass, bezel, all of it for the low, low price of $1 if you buy a special battery saying "i dun goofed" for $400 at the same time.

Stoneking

Enlightened
New clip for my tapped test bezel, it fits perfectly in my opinion. Hopefully my friend will be able to create a proper tapped bezel.
A5767065-5F1F-437B-B6AA-431AA8EFAE82.jpeg
8A05FB9E-29A5-4399-84CC-6BC560F76830.jpeg
E364889C-04DE-44E6-A78C-58ECDD7F0623.jpeg

LRJ88

Enlightened
So there's nothing stopping a magnet-based holster system which could hold the flashlight in place like that either then, allowing for quick access without it being a closed holster.

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
So there's nothing stopping a magnet-based holster system which could hold the flashlight in place like that either then, allowing for quick access without it being a closed holster.
The HDS Rotary is completely unaffected by magnets. Unlike other rotaries that use magnets and a Hall sensor, the HDS has multiple sets of contact "fingers" (like tiny combs) that sit against a circuit board in the cap.

LRJ88

Enlightened
The HDS Rotary is completely unaffected by magnets. Unlike other rotaries that use magnets and a Hall sensor, the HDS has multiple sets of contact "fingers" (think like a comb) that sit against a circuit board in the cap.
I'm aware of how the rotary mechanism itself works, i wasn't sure in regards to the electronics of the light though which is one of those areas where i at least try to be more careful depending on what might be affected. I was considering putting a magnet or three along the grip section so it could be popped into a more open holster with just a few edges holding it in place while otherwise being possible to grip fully and then pull straight out. Not all too dissimilar to how some emergency hammers in buses etc. work.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang - what kind of hard use environment do you EDC in? I have kydex holsters that are friction fit around the head. I use a heat gun to adjust tension. I'd be concerned of not knowing when the light popped off the magnet or I'd keep knocking it off while reaching for other things on my belt.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know who or why, but obviously some admin deleted it.
Just another reason I spend more time on the FB group than here. May leave here permanently soon.
That is not good at all. I am not spending time at FB nor I have an account. Would be a pitty missing the news.
But anyway I would be in for all 3 Lights.