HDS Systems EDC #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thingus995

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! Definitely appreciate all of the input!! I think I like the clicky interface more than the rotary (at least in my head) as it seems more straight forward as far as switching modes and whatnot (in practice on my cheapie led flashlight)... I have read a lot of good things on the 170, and I feel that since this light will live essentially in my bag, that toting a diffuser won't be an issue... I am hoping eventually that this will also serve as a duty light (been trying to enlist for a year now!! Stupid medical issues) but don't list that (tactical use) as one of my uses since in reality I'm about as tactical as a bag of marshmallows...

Many thanks guys!! Looks like I may still have some thinking to do as my budget dictates I can only afford about 1 nice light a year... And I'd definitely like to make the best decision possible!!

Many thanks,
Jack

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
We had to use continuation threads until the vBulletin upgrade and server change a few months ago, but the new setup is a lot more stable and they are not really necessary any more.

I think in this case I will leave it up to the OP, or maybe HDS. If one of them wants to start a continuation thread, that will be perfectly OK.

Either way works for me. It's nice having multiple threads, though. Kinda like having a filing cabinet with a bunch of drawers. Rather than searching endlessly through a single drawer to find the info you're seeking, you can go right to the drawer where you KNOW the info is and access it much quicker.

Just my $0.02.

NOW, to keep this post relevant....I just returned from a vacation in Orlando/Tampa. Did SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, etc. Had the 200E Rotary in my pocket at all times...while swimming with the dolphins at Discovery Cove, and for all the rides at the Aquatica water park. My light was submerged underwater for a good chunk of this past week.

Still running like a champ!

broonzbane

nbp

Flashaholic
Anyone know anything about this latest "bug" that has popped up in the FW (whatever that is) on the Rotary?

Which bug are you referring to? I think the only one I've read about is the glitch that doesn't allow for a factory reset. Is that the one? What do you want to know? (FW is short for firmware.)

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently there is another one. Craig's thread in MP mentions it.

I too would like to know what it is. Have not noticed any issues with my light, so not particularly worried.

eala

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know anything about this latest "bug" that has popped up in the FW (whatever that is) on the Rotary?
As far as I know I was the first one to report the "hard reset bug" to a HDS representative (I'm assuming it was Henry, he duplicated it for the first time over the phone). My light was fixed and sent back and the "hard reset bug" was essentially a non issue. The affected lights were taken care of, and I have not heard of any complaints. I have not heard any new bugs since then. As far as I know the hard reset firmware issue has been taken care of, unless there is another bug that you are speaking of?
EDIT: I looked at the thread on the marketplace and I don't know about the new issues. I have not had any issues with my rotary, but I'd like to hear the concerns about the new "bug".

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the hard reset bug that was previously reported, I have not experienced any other bug that is affecting my rotary. Is there something hidden in there that I am not aware of? I have read the comment posted by Craig in CPFMP but am just not certain what sort of bug we are looking at.

wmirag

Enlightened
A few days back I emailed HDS, respectfully asking for a status on my order made several months ago. I received a polite and encouraging letter from Henry indicating their production issues had been resolved and that I should expect shipment in a week or two. I don't think he'd mind my sharing this good news with the group.

W.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but another poster here received almost the exact same response from Henry nearly a month ago.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the hard reset bug that was previously reported, I have not experienced any other bug that is affecting my rotary. Is there something hidden in there that I am not aware of? I have read the comment posted by Craig in CPFMP but am just not certain what sort of bug we are looking at.

Hi pjandyho. I too am experiencing no bugs or problems with either my T200 or Rotary. I am also curious as to what Craig is talking about. So, I called Henry today and inquired as to what it could be....and Henry also was not aware of any new bugs. :shrug:

Eric Isaacson

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to post these 2 sheaths I just got. These are made by a friend of mine, both in leather, with the spare battery carrier in kydex. They are both set up to use a battery carrier but I only have it on one. Really happy with these. The sheathmaker works in both leather and kydex so he was able to make both exactly how I wanted.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to post these 2 sheaths I just got. These are made by a friend of mine, both in leather, with the spare battery carrier in kydex. They are both set up to use a battery carrier but I only have it on one. Really happy with these. The sheathmaker works in both leather and kydex so he was able to make both exactly how I wanted.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

You may have already done this, but if your friend has a website, a link to it on the CPFM forums would be appreciated. I, for one, may be interested in giving him some business.

GREAT stuff!!! :)

broonzbane

craigberesh

Newly Enlightened
Yes Eric I also may be interested so send me a link to the website. Also can anyone recap what is available for a sheath for the Rotary. Now that I have my Rotary I am ready to go camping.

Eric Isaacson

Newly Enlightened
You may have already done this, but if your friend has a website, a link to it on the CPFM forums would be appreciated. I, for one, may be interested in giving him some business.

GREAT stuff!!! :)

broonzbane

I didn't post a website as I didn't know if that was allowed. Would be happy to if it is okay. Otherwise I'll PM anyone interested or you can PM me. Also forgot to mention cost was only $75 for both. He actually quoted me less than that but I thought he was undervaluing his work so I gave him more.

The Coach

Enlightened
Hi pjandyho. I too am experiencing no bugs or problems with either my T200 or Rotary. I am also curious as to what Craig is talking about. So, I called Henry today and inquired as to what it could be....and Henry also was not aware of any new bugs. :shrug:

If this is true, then why are we still waiting for our lights. :confused:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
:shrug: huh??? So what did Craig meant by Henry finding another bug in the lights?

Z-Tab

Enlightened
In his thread on CPFMP, he says that it was a miscommunication. All of my dealings with Craig have been excellent.

Hopefully, HDS can work through the backlog quickly, so they can get to building some Hi-CRIs and some 240s.

Status
Not open for further replies.