HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flucero28

Enlightened
Was looking to get a neutral white osram golden dragon plus LED on digikey, and saw that they are all listed as non stock and have been discontinued. Wonder if Henry has a stockpile or if all future clickies may be xpg versions?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was looking to get a neutral white osram golden dragon plus LED on digikey, and saw that they are all listed as non stock and have been discontinued. Wonder if Henry has a stockpile or if all future clickies may be xpg versions?
Other than the 200 lumen models, the rest are all using GDP.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I think that CR123 will actually become more niche as time goes on now that AA lights are getting so capable, but I think there will always be a place for the CR123 given its high voltage, small size, large capacity, and low temperature tolerance.
I don't share your confidence, and I'm not one to hesitate making predictions of this sort, but neither would I disagree with you.
I suppose it'll depend on many variables and the introduction of lithium primaries a couple years ago did a lot to push the AA/AAA field forward, not to mention the existence of 14500/14400's and ever more efficient emitters.

I still dream of a Slimline Clicky with a single AA tube, even if it only ran on 14500's.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little HDS trit action

IMG_0264a.jpg

IMG_0265a.jpg

The light shines out through the Norland when the light is on as the trits slots were cut right through.....

IMG_0266a.jpg

Did you put and optic in there? Or cut through the reflector? That's a very interesting bezel!

stoli67

Enlightened
I did not cut the reflector (yet) ... The light comes out the side of the lens and I am working on filing the lens a bit so that I can get the trits below the surface of the bezel... A work in progress

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
I have been waiting like you guys for the next batch of lights. I could not wait any longer so today ordered a new 200 lumen rotary with the raised button and black bezel. From the HDS website i have ordered a silver stainless bezel and the body/battery cover complete with the flat button. It was a little costly as the battery tube and switch/button were $73. I have an older 'legacy' 170T HDS light which i have given sapphire glass, titanium bezel and the flat switch endcap. It was possible to order the clicky switch/button on its own but that option was not listed for the rotary.

Is this because of the rotary mechanism? I realise it is too late now but was there a cheaper way of doing it? Am i correct in thinking that the legacy range of lights has 'V' threads and the new HDS lights have the ACME 'square' cut threads?

I wanted a 200 rotary with silver bezel, the recessed/flat switch that enables it to tailstand, and that was the only way i could see of doing it. I do not use my lights for tailstanding and prefer the raised button as on my 170T legacy but the HDS belt holster seems to push the light out to the side more and my clothes/jacket have worn the rubber button away quite dramatically. I ordered 2 new rubber switch boots about 3 months ago and it has worn down to below the grip pattern already, without the light being used much at all. Hence the recessed button on the rotary, i bought just the end cap with recessed button for my 170T today also from HDS.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dealer discussion removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
Dealer discussion and replies removed

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
Unsubstantiated attack on custom. - Norm

DeliveryD

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Tyjo, i think i will leave the order as it is as i cannot find the EDC R1S 200 for sale anywhere. Even if i could find one the bits i have ordered will allow me to swap parts about a little on my rotary. I do order a lot of gear from the states (i am in the UK) but it is the wait and very often i get stung by the tax etc. If i place an order with HDS the shipping is a little expensive but it only takes 3/4 days to get here which is incredible. Anyways, i am looking forward to rocking my rotary very soon!

Hi Phil40000 PM on way

duro

Enlightened
I seem to have an issue with the lock out feature on my light. Sometimes I can't snap the light out of lock out. It will do the flash, but never turn on. It appears unless the battery is super fresh. No such luck. Not a good thing in an emergency situation. Do I have a problem with my light?

Thanks

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to have an issue with the lock out feature on my light. Sometimes I can't snap the light out of lock out. It will do the flash, but never turn on. It appears unless the battery is super fresh. No such luck. Not a good thing in an emergency situation. Do I have a problem with my light?

Thanks
When you unlock the light you have to use exactly 3 clicks, if you use 4 clicks or more the light will remain locked and flash. Does your light stay locked after you do 3 clicks and pause for a second? Also if you have the light turning on in a low setting you may not realize that the light is on (such as having the rotary in the lowest setting, or having a clicky turn on preset in a low setting or turn on preset disabled and last preset used was a low preset).

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is long enough to be closed and a new one created by an interested member if desired.

Reminder: Dealer discussion is not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.