HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imon

Enlightened
Waiting since first week of January. High CRI Rotary. When it comes it will be like Christmas. Well, it may actually be Christmas.

eala

Sometimes I wonder .... how big Henry's backlog is. Then I stop because that's a scary thought. He's still taking orders isn't he?

burntoshine

Enlightened
Got my 120 tactical today :)

thanks for reporting! it's good to hear words of progress; even though us high cri / rotary customers are the very last on the list. funny, though, in my mind it doesn't feel like i have a light on order. it's as if i had a dream that i ordered some really neat light.

Greighps

Newly Enlightened
thanks for reporting! it's good to hear words of progress; even though us high cri / rotary customers are the very last on the list. funny, though, in my mind it doesn't feel like i have a light on order. it's as if i had a dream that i ordered some really neat light.

im happy with it so far, can't stop playing with it. but i do still have a custom 200 im waiting ever so patiently for. i've only been waiting a month, so i know i've still got awhile to go probably.

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
nope i ordered mine on Dec 31st

Ordered a HCRI Rotary on Dec 31st as well. Henry sent a confirmation email on Jan 3rd stating the order was received and should ship in about 4 weeks. Luckily I was able to score one of the few HCRI Rotaries that was shipped out to a dealer. Now I just need to get my CW Rotary converted over to HCRI and the wait will not seem as bad LOL

Snareman

Enlightened
Waiting since first week of January. High CRI Rotary. When it comes it will be like Christmas. Well, it may actually be Christmas.

eala

I know he's apparently had his supplier issues, but what kind of customer service is ordering a light, promising ~4 weeks delivery time and 7 months later still no light? And in the mean time no communication, no apology, no discount, nothing. When I had my business and had supplier issues (from the manufacturer itself) it was crazy frustrating to me because I had to keep my customers waiting. Even though it was the company's fault I took money out of my pocket to refund some of the customer's money for the hassle of their wait. Not necessarily saying that Henry should refund some money, but being incommunicado for 7 months on your light (I'm assuming other than his rare forum post none of you who are waiting have heard anything from him) just seems unacceptable.

Glad I found my 200 rotary in stock at Overready last year.

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
Some people have trust in him - his reputation says it all.

Some have faith - which needs no logical reasoning.

For me, i want one of his light and i got no choice but take the risk and wait.

I bet others who gave up on waiting, already got their refunds.

I dont like it but am patiently waiting for my first HDS...

Any ETA on the 200 clicky, Henry?

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Not necessarily saying that Henry should refund some money, but being incommunicado for 7 months on your light (I'm assuming other than his rare forum post none of you who are waiting have heard anything from him) just seems unacceptable.

If you wish to cancel or change your order, he accommodates quickly.
I ordered a Hi CRI Rotary in January, and changed to Hi CRI Clicky in May.
He doesn't send updates, and I understand he doesn't send shipment notifications, but if you eMail him a question he gets back to you quickly (same day for me, every time but one,) and answers to the best of his ability.
I really want the light. I could wait with money in my pocket, and place an order when they come available, and hope they aren't snapped up before I get mine. Or I can wait, with money in Henry's pocket - so he is assured of demand for his light, and has needed funds to procure components and supplies - and then I get one when they come available.
I chose option 2.

I haven't seen stock on Hi CRI's since long before I placed my order.

taratata

Newly Enlightened

He doesn't send updates, and I understand he doesn't send shipment notifications, but if you eMail him a question he gets back to you quickly (same day for me, every time but one,) and answers to the best of his ability.
I really want the light. I could wait with money in my pocket, and place an order when they come available, and hope they aren't snapped up before I get mine. Or I can wait, with money in Henry's pocket - so he is assured of demand for his light, and has needed funds to procure components and supplies - and then I get one when they come available.
I chose option 2.

same for me, option 2 plus keeping an eye on this thread... :)

Snareman

Enlightened
I chose option 2.

I'll give you that. I had initially ordered one through him and then found the one on overready and he did cancel my order no problem. I haven't gotten same day responses for me emails, but a few days is no big deal. Its a great light and the one I carry most often, its just a shame people have to wait so long for them

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
...being incommunicado for 7 months on your light (I'm assuming other than his rare forum post none of you who are waiting have heard anything from him) just seems unacceptable.
While it seems rare these days for Henry to initiate communication, he is extremely quick to respond to customer inquiries. I've sent him several emails over the months and always get a clear response within a day.

I haven't cancelled my order for a couple of reasons: First, I trust Henry based on his reputation, the quality of his products (two of which I have owned), and my own dealings with him in the past. And secondly, there is literally no other light on the market like the HDS Rotary, and especially the high CRI version which I have on order. If there was another light on the market that offered similar quality and features as a high CRI Rotary then I would have gotten a refund and ordered that instead. Since HDS lights are largely unique, I've elected to simply be patient.

Snareman

Enlightened
While it seems rare these days for Henry to initiate communication, he is extremely quick to respond to customer inquiries. I've sent him several emails over the months and always get a clear response within a day.

I haven't cancelled my order for a couple of reasons: First, I trust Henry based on his reputation, the quality of his products (two of which I have owned), and my own dealings with him in the past. And secondly, there is literally no other light on the market like the HDS Rotary, and especially the high CRI version which I have on order. If there was another light on the market that offered similar quality and features as a high CRI Rotary then I would have gotten a refund and ordered that instead. Since HDS lights are largely unique, I've elected to simply be patient.

I agree - Henry seems like an upstanding guy. I just wish things were a little more timely. I probably would have bought more of his lights by now if I thought I could get them. I'd like an HCRI one I think.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question for all you folks.

I love the Moddoo clips from Oveready. I have 4 installed on my HDS lights already.
Does anyone know of a black style clip? Not too fond of the stock one.
I have a black tactical model with a black bezel. I would love
to keep the light all black.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question. My clicky, 170T Legacy model, was having switch issues in that repeated clicks wouldn't turn the light on. After playing with it a bit it clicked fine then a little while later back to the same problem. I took the light apart and gave all the threads a good cleaning as well as all contacts. So far so good. Now here's the question, the contacts looked clean but the threads were covered in dark grease, would excessive grease/grim on the threads affect the electronic signal even if all the gold contacts looked clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.