HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snareman

Enlightened
I wonder if there is a good way to turn a stainless clip black?

montana-cans-black-spray-paint-400ml.jpg

OK, there are probably better ideas. :grin2:

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up yet, but I think my Rotary High CRI has been received. Long story, but will try to make it short. It is a Christmas present from my folks and I just got an email from my dad a while ago, saying that a small box arrived today via USPS Priority Mail from HDS Systems. He wanted to know if I wanted him to open the box and I replied saying "He#@ yes! Open that box and please take a photo of what you see and email it and the invoice details to me! I am not the only one who will be interested in this development!"

My folks are about 60 miles away and I am trying to work out the logistics for a trip there tomorrow to visit, so if it all works out, I will have this light (or whatever is in the box) in my hands tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am waiting to hear back from dad with a description of the packing slip and hopefully a photo or two of the contents.

This may turn out to be a false alarm, though the only thing we have on order with Henry are two Rotaries (the Christmas present my dad ordered and one that I ordered under my name related to a warranty replacement credit). So it would seem that this package contains a Rotary, unless there was some kind of mistake with the order and they sent a non-Rotary. All that much more intriguing that this order was for a High CRI model.

If this turns out to be the wrong light or not even a light, we will be all disappointed, but then on the other hand, we could use a little excitement during this long wait for our lights!

Keep your fingers crossed and I will follow up once I have more information.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up yet, but I think my Rotary High CRI has been received. Long story, but will try to make it short. It is a Christmas present from my folks and I just got an email from my dad a while ago, saying that a small box arrived today via USPS Priority Mail from HDS Systems. He wanted to know if I wanted him to open the box and I replied saying "He#@ yes! Open that box and please take a photo of what you see and email it and the invoice details to me! I am not the only one who will be interested in this development!"

My folks are about 60 miles away and I am trying to work out the logistics for a trip there tomorrow to visit, so if it all works out, I will have this light (or whatever is in the box) in my hands tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am waiting to hear back from dad with a description of the packing slip and hopefully a photo or two of the contents.

This may turn out to be a false alarm, though the only thing we have on order with Henry are two Rotaries (the Christmas present my dad ordered and one that I ordered under my name related to a warranty replacement credit). So it would seem that this package contains a Rotary, unless there was some kind of mistake with the order and they sent a non-Rotary. All that much more intriguing that this order was for a High CRI model.

If this turns out to be the wrong light or not even a light, we will be all disappointed, but then on the other hand, we could use a little excitement during this long wait for our lights!

Keep your fingers crossed and I will follow up once I have more information.

My fingers are crossed for you. I to am awaiting the arrival of my hi cri clicky

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple questions regarding the HDSSystems website. I've been viewing it regularly over the past few months and haven't seen any changes. What does it mean when I view the accesories for the EDC Clicky and Rotary flashlights looking to purchase 2xAA battery compartments and the button which normally says "Add to Cart" is greyed out and says "Out of Stock"? I do realize it means the part is not available but why doesn't it say that for just about everything else on the site? Most things at HDS are out of stock and made to order, so why are the battery compartments different? Any insight is appreciated.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple questions regarding the HDSSystems website. I've been viewing it regularly over the past few months and haven't seen any changes. What does it mean when I view the accesories for the EDC Clicky and Rotary flashlights looking to purchase 2xAA battery compartments and the button which normally says "Add to Cart" is greyed out and says "Out of Stock"? I do realize it means the part is not available but why doesn't it say that for just about everything else on the site? Most things at HDS are out of stock and made to order, so why are the battery compartments different? Any insight is appreciated.
The 2AA battery compartments were only produced once for the older legacy clicky models, and due to production issues only a small handful of about 20 pieces did ever make it to the user's hands. Yes it's that rare. After that the newer models with ACME threads came into the picture and production for the 2AA tube was put to a stop (most likely temporary until production issues have been sorted out).

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked and I am seeing they are in stock.

Thanks, missed them the 1st time viewing the website via my iPhone.
Scored a 200 Tactical Clicky !!

It's like Xmas all over again! Lmao

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
The 2AA battery compartments were only produced once for the older legacy clicky models, and due to production issues only a small handful of about 20 pieces did ever make it to the user's hands. Yes it's that rare. After that the newer models with ACME threads came into the picture and production for the 2AA tube was put to a stop (most likely temporary until production issues have been sorted out).

Thank you, that is very helpful. I hope the supply and production issues come to an end soon, so those of us that haven't yet acquired one of these flashlights can also partake in ownership. I'll keep looking into the AA tube availability over time. I think those are a great solution to the question of what type of flashlight to own for a disaster. Own a CR123A/RCR123A with the option for AA if needed :)

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Things are not "made to order" in the sense that you think. Henry has apparently been having some major issues finding reliable machine shops to produce his component parts [which are extremely high spec, and thus difficult to machine in large quantities].

For example: He had 100 2xAA battery compartments produced for the previous generation ["Ra" lights gen.] of Clickies. Of the 100 manufactured, only about 27 [IIRC] met his specs and passed quality control [And I have one of these!!!].

The button shows that he is out of stock, but brings hope that he will, perhaps have a production run [hopefully multiple runs] of 2xAA compartments for the Rotaries and new gen. Clickies. But I wouldn't hold my breath: it took a lot of poking, prodding, pandering and begging to have the last run made.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, that is very helpful. I hope the supply and production issues come to an end soon, so those of us that haven't yet acquired one of these flashlights can also partake in ownership. I'll keep looking into the AA tube availability over time. I think those are a great solution to the question of what type of flashlight to own for a disaster. Own a CR123A/RCR123A with the option for AA if needed :)
You are welcome. I have a 17670 tube for my legacy clicky and I love it. Hope your wish for the 2AA tube would come to fruition.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things are not "made to order" in the sense that you think. Henry has apparently been having some major issues finding reliable machine shops to produce his component parts [which are extremely high spec, and thus difficult to machine in large quantities].

For example: He had 100 2xAA battery compartments produced for the previous generation ["Ra" lights gen.] of Clickies. Of the 100 manufactured, only about 27 [IIRC] met his specs and passed quality control [And I have one of these!!!].

The button shows that he is out of stock, but brings hope that he will, perhaps have a production run [hopefully multiple runs] of 2xAA compartments for the Rotaries and new gen. Clickies. But I wouldn't hold my breath: it took a lot of poking, prodding, pandering and begging to have the last run made.
You are one of the lucky few who got your hands on one. How envious am I.

Mr Painite

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Unique Titanium has some 170's and 200's in stock!

Great find! It looks like they have the following in stock at the time of this post:

EDC Rotary 200 silver (EDC-R1S-200)
EDC LE 200 (EDC-L1B-200)
EDC Executive 170 (EDC-E1S-170)

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like my clicky is having some minor issues with clicks not registering properly. Minor at this time but if it persists or worsens might have to send it in. Other then standard cleaning/maintenance and a factory reset I don't think there is much else I can do. While I can live with the occasional mis click I hope it's not a sign of an impending switch failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.