HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaugen

Enlightened
I think I snagged a 200 rotary. The order went through.

Nice catch! I guess they have the Rotary as well as the 170 and 200's in stock. I wonder how many dealer orders need to be filled before Henry begins filling all of his website orders? I purchased my HCRI Rotary in January and am hoping it will arrive before the end of the summer.

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up yet, but I think my Rotary High CRI has been received. Long story, but will try to make it short. It is a Christmas present from my folks and I just got an email from my dad a while ago, saying that a small box arrived today via USPS Priority Mail from HDS Systems. He wanted to know if I wanted him to open the box and I replied saying "He#@ yes! Open that box and please take a photo of what you see and email it and the invoice details to me! I am not the only one who will be interested in this development!"

My folks are about 60 miles away and I am trying to work out the logistics for a trip there tomorrow to visit, so if it all works out, I will have this light (or whatever is in the box) in my hands tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am waiting to hear back from dad with a description of the packing slip and hopefully a photo or two of the contents.

This may turn out to be a false alarm, though the only thing we have on order with Henry are two Rotaries (the Christmas present my dad ordered and one that I ordered under my name related to a warranty replacement credit). So it would seem that this package contains a Rotary, unless there was some kind of mistake with the order and they sent a non-Rotary. All that much more intriguing that this order was for a High CRI model.

If this turns out to be the wrong light or not even a light, we will be all disappointed, but then on the other hand, we could use a little excitement during this long wait for our lights!

Keep your fingers crossed and I will follow up once I have more information.

When did you place your order for the Rotary High CRI? That might help us that are waiting to know if we are getting close to getting ours (if you were lucky enough for it to be your light)

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to get your all's hopes up.
Today in the mail I received my high CRI Rotary.
It was ordered in November, but as we've learned, the Rotary parts were bottlenecked while the Clickies have been flowing. Hopefully the Rotaries are moving now...
I'm kinda in shock, this is a wonderful light. Looks like the HCRI is a real neutral, maybe 5000-6000K to make a guess comparing afternoon sunlight.
More later.

Imon

Enlightened
It was ordered in November, but as we've learned, the Rotary parts were bottlenecked while the Clickies have been flowing. Hopefully the Rotaries are moving now...
I'm kinda in shock, this is a wonderful light. Looks like the HCRI is a real neutral, maybe 5000-6000K to make a guess comparing afternoon sunlight.
More later.

I thought neutral was more like ~4500K.
Also could you tell us what the emitter is - I think everyone here just assumes it's going to be the CREE XP-G but I thought the high CRI XP-Gs were usually warm (like 3400K).

Good news about your light though - congrats!
Brings hope not only to guys waiting for rotaries but also guys waiting for high CRI lights!

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Finally getting a chance to follow up on my post yesterday afteroon.

My dad checked the light over and sent me some photos and it is indeed the Rotary we ordered. Turns out that this unit is a 200 lumen model and NOT a high CRI; the High CRI was ordered on the other unit at a later date.

I will heading to my folks home to visit tomorrow and will finally get my hands on this light. It appears that things are finally moving a bit on the Rotary model and that is good news!

We originally ordered this light on 11/29/2012, so it was received nearly 8 months after being ordered. Based on my experience with other HDS lights, I am confident that it will have been well worth the wait.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
More later.
You sure it is a high CRI you received? Last I heard a few weeks back was that Henry does not have supplies of the high CRI emitters on hand. Moreover if it is going to be Cree emitters as what Henry told me, it should be somewhere in the 3300K range, plus or minus. I am just wishing that it would be the Nichia 219 in there so I half wished you are right.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
pjandyho,
I am Not sure, I have to plead ignorance and admit that my first thought was that I recieved a cool white by mistake, but messing with it in evening sunlight it was a near Perfect match... Color rendering is really good, it's growing on me, it's... White.

I will send pics of led and of the light emitted. I'm just a little slow on the draw due to limited phone camera, limited photographic skill, and a small bit of confusion about setting photo uploads to within forum 800x600 limits via image shack -from android uploader app.

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
pjandyho,
I am Not sure, I have to plead ignorance and admit that my first thought was that I recieved a cool white by mistake, but messing with it in evening sunlight it was a near Perfect match... Color rendering is really good, it's growing on me, it's... White.

I will send pics of led and of the light emitted. I'm just a little slow on the draw due to limited phone camera, limited photographic skill, and a small bit of confusion about setting photo uploads to within forum 800x600 limits via image shack -from android uploader app.

It's fairly easy to differentiate between commonly used LEDs.
Just go to this thread and see if you can identify it.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Imon, based on the pictures in your link it appears to be XPG, I can faintly make out a 4x4 grid in the emitter, green square body and two solder? dots along one side.

Last edited:

Snareman

Enlightened
Great catch on the Unique Titanium site!! I'm so tempted to buy a 170 clicky to go along with my 200 Rotary. Although I'm not sure exactly why I need a second one other than just because. :) For those of you that have a rotary, what do you think of the clickies in comparison? I'm tempted with the idea that I can get a pocket clip for one.

Snareman

Enlightened
I finally got around to making a video review of my 200 Rotary. I did 2 versions. A rather long and super detailed video with more of the theory that went into the lights and a shorter, more concise one (although it was hard being concise with everything that this light has!)

Long version

Short Version

solloron1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone heard from Henry later? It's the sixth week of my wait and wanted to get an update, so I sent him a couple of emails. No response yet..

6 weeks man? Sit tight (you have a wait ahead of you :D), we have people here waiting since January (myself included). I believe there is even a backlog before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.