HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRaymond

Newly Enlightened
KDM,

How secure is that clip? It looks like it doesn't go around the light enough to keep it secure. For me, I have realized that the lanyard tucked under my belt allows me to carry the light hanging in my pocket deep enough to get past the tight part on the pocket. As apposed to having the light right at the seam as with a conventional clip. That being said, I think a rubberized and removable clip like this would be a decent solution for the rotary.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't trust it to carry on a belt or outside of the pocket. For in pocket carry seems like it works fine. The clamping force of the collar is what's holding it, a channel for it to sit in would make it very secure (lip on the top and bottom).

Snareman

Enlightened
I'm going try this out for a bit and see how it works. It's a clip for the ZL SC600's, I put heat shrink around the collar of the clip to keep from scratching the light. Semi deep carry, yes it's a rotary.

Another thought, the part of the clip that goes up over where the screw (rotary stop) is. The clip could be drilled, a spacer inserted between the clip and light, and a longer screw added to secure the clip and spacer.

That clip looks nice in that it goes out a little bit unlike my Fenix clip that doesn't go up over the rotary ring enough because its too flush. If I had one like that that fit farther around the light I'd almost be tempted to Locktite it to the light. Probably not an optimal use for locktite, but better than superglue

DaveSebring

Newly Enlightened
I find this set up useful, it catches on the top corner of the pocket for easy access.

It can also be hooked between the pants and belt for side carry.

I really like that one, what type of knot or loop are you using to secure around the HDS? and is that a Monkey fist at the end?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like that one, what type of knot or loop are you using to secure around the HDS? and is that a Monkey fist at the end?

It is a monkey fist knot with a single cord, I have a slip knot tied at the end of it which makes it a loop. Take the fist end and the end of the loop, going around the light run the fist through the loop. Before pulling it tight do a 360° with the fist through the loop again then pull tight. Work the knot until tight. I'm probably not the best at explaining it but hopefully that helps.

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
Has the machine shope problem been solved? are people getting light? Should I place an order? I noticed theres no more Hi Cri on the website.

gst138

Newly Enlightened
Not sure about the problems, I am hoping so as I ordered my light mid January. Got an email stating that light should ship in 4-6 weeks, nearly at the 4 week mark. As an aside I am sure I read on here that there were going to be videos on the HDS site re programming. I am sure that all will become clear when I get my light to play with but does anyone know when the videos are to be uploaded so that I can gen up beforehand.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has the machine shope problem been solved? are people getting light? Should I place an order? I noticed theres no more Hi Cri on the website.

I may have the last Rotary labelled High CRI sold in the US. Henry required ~90 CRI to be sold as such, and was rejecting a high percentage of the Nichia 219's, used in the last batch, to get it. All that has changed is that he is only rejecting LED's below 85 CRI, and labeling the lights as Neutral. They are generally as "High CRI" as any of the other brands of lights using the Nichia 219, though.

You may want to look back at Hogokansatsukan's posts starting at #3960 thru particularly #4037, it is covered there.

Snareman

Enlightened
Not sure about the problems, I am hoping so as I ordered my light mid January. Got an email stating that light should ship in 4-6 weeks, nearly at the 4 week mark. As an aside I am sure I read on here that there were going to be videos on the HDS site re programming. I am sure that all will become clear when I get my light to play with but does anyone know when the videos are to be uploaded so that I can gen up beforehand.

That is Henry's standard email with times. I got the same with my recent tactical order. He said he got his sourcing issues worked out for the most part I think so hopefully things will start shipping in a more reasonable time.

Henry said Hogo was going to make some programming vids I think.

DeliveryD

Newly Enlightened

Ordered my rotary on the 12th of November and it arrived in the UK on the 21st of January....But then I had to wait for customs clearance and tax payment!

What a fantastic Torch! (Yes I'm English :)) Wish I'd ordered one earlier! Thank You Henry!

gianetics

Enlightened
does anyone have any outdoor shots of the 170 neutral? also anyone mod one with a xp-g2 warm or neutral?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any outdoor photographs of my 170 neutral, but I should be able to provide some useful into. It has the same tint properties as all my other lights (and LED assemblies) with the previous version of the 219 emitter.

The spot of the HDS 219 is somewhat larger and less focused than that of the cool XP-G version. The spot to spill transition is quite smooth, just like the XP-G version. The spill brightness of the cool XP-G and neutral 219 can be considered equal.

Basically if you'd like the cool XP-G version to have a less intense spot and great tint/color rendering, you'll be very happy with the neutral version.

Grizz

MRaymond

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone use AW IMR 16340's vs. the protected RCR 123s in their HDS? I know that the HDS won't get brighter with rechargeables like most other lights but I have another 1 cell 123 light that does. I have heard good things about the AW IMR's being used in the other light and if I am going to get into rechargeables, I would prefer to use the same for both lights.

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened
So after about a 2 year Hiatus from CPF, I'm back! Looking for info on 17670 battery compartments for my HDS Rotary.... found a little bit earlier in this gigantor of a thread, but hoping there are some updates, or maybe a list going to reserve one? Thanks in advance guys, and its good to be back!

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
So after about a 2 year Hiatus from CPF, I'm back! Looking for info on 17670 battery compartments for my HDS Rotary.... found a little bit earlier in this gigantor of a thread, but hoping there are some updates, or maybe a list going to reserve one? Thanks in advance guys, and its good to be back!
If you have an older HDS light then you should be aware that the threads have been changed to ACME style, so older heads will not be compatible with newer bodies.

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened
If you have an older HDS light then you should be aware that the threads have been changed to ACME style, so older heads will not be compatible with newer bodies.

I have a rotary with acme threads. I was under the impression that all the rotaries had acme... But thanks!

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Rotary is Acme threaded. You said you hadn't visited CPF in two-years, so I wasn't sure if you were aware of the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.