HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So after about a 2 year Hiatus from CPF, I'm back! Looking for info on 17670 battery compartments for my HDS Rotary.... found a little bit earlier in this gigantor of a thread, but hoping there are some updates, or maybe a list going to reserve one? Thanks in advance guys, and its good to be back!
I'm pretty sure the 17670 tube going into production now is for Clickies not Rotaries.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my HDS Rotary 250.It's handled cold,rain,and snow,all without any issues whatsoever.

Ordered direct from hdssystems.com on Oct.31,2013.
Received it on Jan.17,2014.

(hard to believe I've had it 3 weeks as of tomorrow.)

Last edited:

az2ak

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone use AW IMR 16340's vs. the protected RCR 123s in their HDS? I know that the HDS won't get brighter with rechargeables like most other lights but I have another 1 cell 123 light that does. I have heard good things about the AW IMR's being used in the other light and if I am going to get into rechargeables, I would prefer to use the same for both lights.

I am also interested in any feedback/experience anyone might have irt this question.

MRaymond, howdy! I just asked essentially the same thing on the blue forum you and I also frequent - although I'm pretty much brand new here, this being my first post and all...

MRaymond

Newly Enlightened
I am also interested in any feedback/experience anyone might have irt this question.

MRaymond, howdy! I just asked essentially the same thing on the blue forum you and I also frequent - although I'm pretty much brand new here, this being my first post and all...

I think its funny how many new members are joining CPF due to that one thread called "flashlights" on the Hinderer subforum:) I wonder how many HDS were sold due to that thread??

az2ak

Newly Enlightened
I think its funny how many new members are joining CPF due to that one thread called "flashlights" on the Hinderer subforum:) I wonder how many HDS were sold due to that thread??

Well, at least two that I know of ;)

DucS2R

Enlightened
Hey, I bought my first (of four) Hinderers due to this forum, so it works both ways! HDS and Hinderers! A natural combination.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I love my HDS Rotary 250.It's handled cold,rain,and snow,all without any issues whatsoever.

Ordered direct from hdssystems.com on Oct.31,2013.
Received it on Jan.17,2014.

(hard to believe I've had it 3 weeks as of tomorrow.)

I'm poking fun and being serious at the same time, but you gotta admit something's wrong with the mfg process when someone speaks of a light like an impending birth. And I mean this from a 'holy crap this takes forever' viewpoint. How different would everyone's expectations and attitude be if these could be ordered at will and arrive in a normal amount of time.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm poking fun and being serious at the same time, but you gotta admit something's wrong with the mfg process when someone speaks of a light like an impending birth. And I mean this from a 'holy crap this takes forever' viewpoint. How different would everyone's expectations and attitude be if these could be ordered at will and arrive in a normal amount of time.
This is beating a dead horse. It was a long road, but Henry has finally gotten his production issues sorted out, so the months-long wait times will soon be a thing of the past if they're not already behind us.

MRaymond

Newly Enlightened

Well, I contemplated ordering one for a total of one week when I happened upon an authorized dealer that had exactly what I wanted. I ordered it on a Friday night and got in on Monday. From my perspective, if they were more readily available they would be even more popular. As long as the quality remains what it is.

Stoneking

Enlightened
This is beating a dead horse. It was a long road, but Henry has finally gotten his production issues sorted out, so the months-long wait times will soon be a thing of the past if they're not already behind us.

Placed order January 3rd, still waiting.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Placed order January 3rd, still waiting.
Henry has mentioned that he is working towards and hopes to have wait time down to 0 weeks hopefully by March. Current wait times are still estimated at 4-6 weeks, this is mentioned in the confirmation email that Henry sends out.

az2ak

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I bought my first (of four) Hinderers due to this forum, so it works both ways! HDS and Hinderers! A natural combination.

Totally agree! Both are quite addictive, aren't they?

MRaymond... AZ2AK... We don't own any Hinderers.... ;)

Right! And, these are not the droids you are looking for....

Well, I contemplated ordering one for a total of one week when I happened upon an authorized dealer that had exactly what I wanted. I ordered it on a Friday night and got in on Monday. From my perspective, if they were more readily available they would be even more popular. As long as the quality remains what it is.

I did the same, kept meaning to place an order and kept getting distracted by other shiny things.. But, I did get on some email alerts with a couple of dealers and one eventually popped - it was actually kind of a nice way to go about it, I signed up and forgot about it until I got the email alert..

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry has mentioned that he is working towards and hopes to have wait time down to 0 weeks hopefully by March. Current wait times are still estimated at 4-6 weeks, this is mentioned in the confirmation email that Henry sends out.
Exactly. Henry has made a lot of progress over the last year, and things are in a lot better shape now than they were 12-months ago.

cistallus

Enlightened
Does anyone use AW IMR 16340's vs. the protected RCR 123s in their HDS? I know that the HDS won't get brighter with rechargeables like most other lights but I have another 1 cell 123 light that does. I have heard good things about the AW IMR's being used in the other light and if I am going to get into rechargeables, I would prefer to use the same for both lights.
I usually use an AW IMR 16340 in my Clicky 170. At one point I did a runtime test on high (burst is enabled so it's 170 lumens for 10 seconds and the rest at 120 lumens), the IMR seemed to last slightly longer than the ICR but then again the IMR was new and the ICR was about a year old, and the difference wasn't huge (1.2 hours for ICR vs. 1.3 hours for IMR). The IMRs are slightly safer but without protection - so it's best to use them only in lights like the HDS that will prevent them from completely discharging.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I feel comfortable using unprotected IMR cells in lights that have good low voltage warnings and cut off. The HDS certainly fits this approach. Dropping down levels provides a very visible indication that the cell needs to be charged and provides adequate protection against over discharging the cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.