HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedRacer

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to determine firmware or other info if you don't have any info on your HDS?

scout24

Flashaholic
I'd try 9 clicks from off for candle mode. That's where mine is, Henry reprogrammed my Rotary back around October. As far as I know, there have been no firmware updates since then.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd try 9 clicks from off for candle mode. That's where mine is, Henry reprogrammed my Rotary back around October. As far as I know, there have been no firmware updates since then.
I'll try 9 clicks. I have one from the first run of 4000k XP-L.
Before that it was 5 or 7 clicks from off.
I think I saw that it was six clicks, but that put mine into momentary mode.

Nickmen

Newly Enlightened
I know that every light is calibrated for itself, but did someone make any amp measurements of each and every level of the Rotary or Clicky?

Romanko

Newly Enlightened
There are 325 lumens, 250 lumens and High CRI 200 lumens. Do all of them have the same driver? 18650 body can be used with unprotected cell?

Last edited:

d13avo

Enlightened
Here's my collection so far

IMG_6627_zpsl3fpz32a.jpg

IMG_6626_zpssem49pbz.jpg

IMG_6625_zpsiupfmkd0.jpg

Pilotodude

Newly Enlightened
So... After reading about 100 pages of this latest thread, I just pulled the trigger on a rotary 200 hcri.. Thanks for all of the reviews and tips. I'm sure I'm going to love this thing. I just hope it gets here soon... I hesitated hearing about the recent production delays. Fingers crossed.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are welcome and I believe you will be happy with the 200 hcri. 325 I hear isn't that bad for being too blue. My tactical 250 is a bit cooler than I prefer but it's a good in the middle that is acceptable. I hope together a 325 and a 200 plus a forensic blue eventually...would also love a hyper red but the last attempt to get one got shot down. Enjoy!

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I'm sure you're going to love it Pilotodude, I recently got a 200 HCRI and the tint is awesome! I also like the tint on my 325 but the HCRI is definitely a lot better tint wise.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm getting the rotary... Thinking on getting the 4000k high cri version, cr123, with clip... $333.. May nix the $53 clip... I like the idea of the 325 lm, but not if the color is that "LED blue"... I like my Malkoff M61n. I'm a neutral to warmer color fan.
The 4000k hCRI is what I'm waiting for and if you decide you'd like a warmer tint you can always teach yourself to swap emitters or get one of the experienced modders on here to put in whatever tint you decide you'd like. I've had countless lights modded this way including at least half a dozen HDS lights.
It's good for each user to determine whether clips are for them or not. Definitely not for me and I lost probably my favorite HDS due to clip carry a few years back when it got caught on something and I didn't realize until far too late to do anything about searching for it. Also lost my old favorite D10 that way and I'm a big fan of putting a turks head knot with lanyard that can extend outside your pocket for quick acquisition.

Is the candle light mode available on the rotary?
Yes, and even if you end up with an older version that 'only' went down to .08 lumens instead of the newest .02 lumens, Henry can update the firmware for a small fee, which I had done on two lights, including my older 140 Clicky.

Is there a way to determine firmware or other info if you don't have any info on your HDS?
First look to see what color ring you have inside the head of the light and also whether it has candle light mode, then post up those particulars. Also, if you're capable of determining what emitter it looks like you have (posting a picture is best) there will be lots of help immediately forthcoming.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HyperRed from first run is 5 clicks to candle and my 4000 XPL is 9 clicks.
I have a 4000k XP-L rotary so it was also 9 clicks. I love this mode, I just wish there were a couple or more different brightness levels. I love to tail stand a light a night and use moonlight mode. A moonlight mode candle light would be awesome for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts