HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're lucky...so hard for me to carry mine knowing it'll get worn out. Once it does get a little wear, though, I'll probably use it without regard for it's aesthetics [emoji24]
Do yourself a favor: take your light outside and drop it on the sidewalk. Get past your first drop so you can start using it the way it's meant to be used.

Henry doesn't make shelf queens. ;)

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was buying a 2xAA battery compartment with a 325 Tactical head. I wanted to swap it with a 325 Rotary head and do some Lego-ing with a floody reflector etc. The upshot is that I asked Henry about where does the programming reside. (I knew the answer) Henry says it stays with the head. Use what ever battery compartment you like. I have 5 HDS lights now (Thank you CPF :) All are either Rotary or Tactical. They interchange fine. But a Rotary head on a Clicky Tube. Hmmm. Limited functionality?
Interesting. Henry must have changed something then, because they didn't used to be interchangeable.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Henry must have changed something then, because they didn't used to be interchangeable.

I don't think they really are?
I also just got an AA tube but a Rotary.
So I stuck it on a Rotary head and tried using the original Rotary tube on a Clicky head and no worky.

Maybe there is some other trick to it that don't know but I thought I remembered that it is not that simple as well.

I am eager to hear either way too.

Kastro187

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, for those of you who have ordered a flashlight direct from Henry in the last few months , what is the turnaround approx??., old threads here seem to scare me off from ordering (6month+ turnaround)

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure the Rotary and Tactical battery compartments are interchangeable since they both use Rotary tubes. Same as the LE and Executive both use Clicky tubes.

GrizzlyAdams

Enlightened
Is everyone ordering from HDS or waiting until lights pop up at some of the other vendors? Is the pricing consistent?

Yes I've been here for years and never owned an HDS light! In the height of my "acquisition phase" was during the period where HDS had a wait of several months. Now its on my radar except it seems no one has them in stock!

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I just tested swapping my Rotary and Tactical heads on 2XAA and CR123 tubes. Both tubes have a Rotary dial and a Button :) The function remain with the head no matter what tube I choose.

I have ordered three lights directly from Henry. The last one a month or so ago. It has been a two week wait every time. Amazon has HDS 250 Tactical lights in stock for $269.00.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure the Rotary and Tactical battery compartments are interchangeable since they both use Rotary tubes. Same as the LE and Executive both use Clicky tubes.

Well I would expect them to work together as they are both Rotary tubes.

I can't get a Rotary tube to work on a Clicky Tube head from a different light is what I am saying.

In fact the extra Rotary Tube is from the light that I got from you too! It now has the AA tube on it!

Thanks again too!

OCD

Enlightened
Do yourself a favor: take your light outside and drop it on the sidewalk. Get past your first drop so you can start using it the way it's meant to be used.

Henry doesn't make shelf queens. ;)

+1 I'll admit I try my very best to keep my new lights from getting that first ding or scratch. But once it happens, its so much easier to use them as they are intended. My HDS now gets used just like a wrench or ratchet when working on vehicles. If it hits the ground, oh well. Wipe off the grease and oil when finished and return it to edc duty.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can get them off The Battery Station. I, too, was concerned about the wait times when I first looked into HDS flashlights. Took me three days ordering from them hehe

indigon

Enlightened
+1 I'll admit I try my very best to keep my new lights from getting that first ding or scratch. But once it happens, its so much easier to use them as they are intended. My HDS now gets used just like a wrench or ratchet when working on vehicles. If it hits the ground, oh well. Wipe off the grease and oil when finished and return it to edc duty.

I hear you, feel naked without mine..
2qm2rgl.jpg

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've been here for years and never owned an HDS light! In the height of my "acquisition phase" was during the period where HDS had a wait of several months. Now its on my radar except it seems no one has them in stock!
I just picked up my 4000k run light and I think that when you finally do get one you'll find it to be one of, if not the most important light in your collection.

On my way to Tucson I left almost all my lights in a couple other places, but I made sure and put an HDS in each front pocket. That and my Draco around my neck, I felt pretty well equipped. Just finished hiking down a very rocky, and at times super steep trail a few hours ago and the beam/tint of my 170N was so perfect, not to mention the low levels being great for allowing me to keep my night vision, as I did most of the descent without light, and then at times, just punching it gave me way more than enough light to determine where the trail was supposed to be going. Very rocky terrain and even going up the first part in the light was hard to determine where the trail was at times.

Tonight on the mountain, HDS was definitely my friend.

Last edited:

indigon

Enlightened
How do you tie the rope around your flashlight like that? Also, do you find that it comes in handy? Thanks!

I use a triple constrictor knot variation, usually tuck the tail in my front pocket and use it as a ripcord to pull the light out fast.

A 10 inch loop for big mitts, keeps it safe from dropping during use. Can hang it using the hook if needed. Got the idea from Henry's site, "how to attach a lanyard". Using the 5/8" common sink orings to keep it and the clip snug, although the constrictor knot cinches up so tight you may have to cut it off. So far so good. :)

2r2vtdw.jpg

Last edited:

AndreaW

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, for those of you who have ordered a flashlight direct from Henry in the last few months , what is the turnaround approx??., old threads here seem to scare me off from ordering (6month+ turnaround)

I ordered a custom EDC Rotary (rotary, Hcri 200 lm, sapphire, flood, svr bzl, blk bdy, 18680, flush btn, no clip) on Oct 7 and it shipped Oct 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts