HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well at least i know i will get an f89 in titanium:grin2:
As far as the rest of my order...we will find out tomorrow or Monday

I called it on what happened to Henry today (it's hidden in the many many posts)

Glad you made it back safely Hogo and tanks for the update. We appreciate everything you are doing for us and appreciate Henry for all he does as well:twothumbs

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this went as good as it sounds like it did there is NO way Henry won't do this again

Henry is somewhat of a pessimist. I think he doesn't think a second run would be successful, and I also believe he wants to maintain a certain cap on them, as the fewer there are, the more valuable they are.

This run should sway him though to listen to Hogo a little bit more!

Henry initially thought 20 and I thought 60, which is how we got to 40.

The only problem I have is that it was a bit like the Manhattan Project... Months of behind the scenes working at it, then short notice and BOOM! It didn't give a lot of folks time to prepare. I'm going to talk to Henry about that on Monday, and see what I can do to extend it a hair to give folks who wanted in but found the timeline just too short to make it happen for them. I don't know what Henry will say, as he seemed pretty adamant about pulling the titanium down on Monday and just going with those orders.

redryder

Enlightened
So he said "I'm selling flashlights." And Paypal said "Yea, sure. What are you really selling?"

Let me address the crack cocaine things first... Who told you?

My strategy is pretty simple... read the forums, see what people want, then make that happen. I'm really not that bright... probably around 200 lumens, so I guess that's bright enough. Yes, there is some carryover to the leather but the bread and butter of the leather business is still in pistol holsters... but I'll do this...

If you ordered a titanium light, I will give you 20 percent off any of the HDS holster that are in stock in my webstore. There are 5 there currently, 4 stingray and 1 cobra. I don't normally make things and put them in the web store but I was caught up on everything and can't still still, hence why I made them. You will have to email me a copy of your titanium order, then I will change the price for you in the store, so don't just "check out" or PayPal will kill me.

Speaking of PayPal... PayPal called Henry and asked him what the heck was going on. LOL!

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thought exactly. I don't know if there are still many Novatac users here :)

At least two, for dang sure!

No experience with novatac, ra, etc but i wouldn't mind checking some out if they are neutral or have a true white tint

You would LOVE my 120P modded with a Seoul P4 HCRI emitter (those came with cool white P4's, which are a drop-in for the Luxeon emitters in the original EDC lights). It is almost identical to the first HDS/Ra HCRI Clickie using this emitter, I have one of those as well, known as a "Legacy" model, with non-ACME threads, which are coarser than the Basic/Ultimate/Novatac lights. I like the 120P better, though, because of the ability to ramp my level easily on the fly, and chose whether to save or discard the change when I'm done.

Also works great with an 18650 in the old HDS 2x123 tube. Will blow on 6 Volts, but 4.2 Volts is perfect. Still hoping to find out they did not reduce that ability on the heads sold with the 2xAA tubes. They labelled them as 3 Volt lights, but it would be extra cost to have a unique circuit for those, and Novatac was not into extra cost, if you know what I mean. The current HDS heads handle from 2xAA to 4.2 Volt LiIon on the same circuit, so... fingers crossed. But that may have been launched just after Henry left them, so even he may not know for sure.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

You would LOVE my 120P modded with a Seoul P4 HCRI emitter (those came with cool white P4's, which are a drop-in for the Luxeon emitters in the original EDC lights). It is almost identical to the first HDS/Ra HCRI Clickie using this emitter, I have one of those as well, known as a "Legacy" model, with non-ACME threads, which are coarser than the Basic/Ultimate/Novatac lights. I like the 120P better, though, because of the ability to ramp my level easily on the fly, and chose whether to save or discard the change when I'm done.

Also works great with an 18650 in the old HDS 2x123 tube. Will blow on 6 Volts, but 4.2 Volts is perfect. Still hoping to find out they did not reduce that ability on the heads sold with the 2xAA tubes. They labelled them as 3 Volt lights, but it would be extra cost to have a unique circuit for those, and Novatac was not into extra cost, if you know what I mean. The current HDS heads handle from 2xAA to 4.2 Volt LiIon on the same circuit, so... fingers crossed. But that may have been launched just after Henry left them, so even he may not know for sure.

I just recently picked up a used hds clicky/ralights.com 140 and i have no idea what the emitter is. It's pretty white but i can sometimes see a hint of blue, especially when comparing to a neutral light.
I want to say it is near the same color as the 5700k 219c.

I will try to post a decent picture and hopefully someone can tell me what emitter it has

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

NovaTac never changed the electronics. They didn't know how so even the ones with the 2AA tube have exactly the same electronics as the others.

Sorry. So many posts, so little memory, or I would have answered it sooner.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
So, I just ordered Titanium and F89HG about 20 minutes ago. Would my order be safe too?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I just ordered Titanium and F89HG about 20 minutes ago. Would my order be safe too?

Yes. Henry did say that the orders for titanium we get through the weekend he would fill even if it went over 40. I secured enough extra F89HG emitters so that I could cover the titanium run if everyone ordered that emitter... and leave the currently mounted F89HG emitters for those order aluminum today. I was freakin' scrambling to cover that. It'a good thing we had the "all you can eat" bracelets on at Sea World as I was conducting business like a mother (insert profanity) from my phone yesterday mostly in the restaurants. It kept me less focused on the crowds. I hate crowds.

toads

Newly Enlightened
I got to use my 4000k 219c rotary tonight. Went on a walk with my dog, we have no streetlights in our town, so it's a bit dark at night. This light really shines at night, it's not for showing off during the daytime. I love how easy it is to configure the brightness up and down with the changing ambient light. I already had a 4000k 219c on a different light so I knew what tint to expect and I love it.

The lowest lumen mode is perfect for pitch black night, it's well more than enough.

With the ambient light(sky, outdoor lights on other homes) as it was outside, I found myself hanging near the 1/2 to 2/3rds of the way up the scale. I love how smooth the transition from hotspot to spill is, even without an orange peel it's still very soft. The beam shape is great, nice big spot and a huge spill. Perfect for upclose and medium range shining.

Can't wait to get even more used to the interface and the light, so far it's only been on and off with the rotary involved(pretty much what I wanted, really).

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wife is in a good mood tonight...
Going to check out the candle mode on 2700k or 3000k:D

Let the candle dance while the magic happens, bro. She must not know about the cost! Keeping it on topic, that's nine clicks from off!

watch

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hondo, Lithium or anyone who might know...

Here is a pic of the emitter that is in the 140 clicky I recently got. Can anyone tell me what it is, please? Had i known, a similar one sold around the same time with a Nichia:(...but this one is not bad and will make for a good candidate if I ever decide to find someone to do an emitter swap (if so desired)

let me know if i need to take a better pic, different angle, etc. thanks:thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic
Looks like the SSC P4. I loved the wide beam 140s with those emitters. I think they came in cool, HI CRI and GT (guaranteed tint).

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Staring down the throat of two of them now, and it looks like a Seoul P4. Can't quite see for sure in the pic, but there should be a shorter lead wire bang in the top right corner pointing into the center, with a bit longer one just to the left of it.

The cool white P4 was a nice smooth, even beam, with very little tint deviation across the beam. A former member did a group buy of HCRI P4's, which were very close to what Henry used in the first Ra/HDS HCRI lights, in the "Legacy" time frame. That is what I swapped one of my 120P Novatacs to (also had a cool P4 stock). Just a tiny bit cooler CCT than my Legacy Clicky HCRI. I like it better overall due to the UI advantages mentioned above.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the help in identifying.

It's really not bad and is as Hondo described.

here is a better picture just for any clarification(surprised it cam out as good as it did from my phone). i wish it was hicri but it will do just fine. I haven't had much time to play with it but have used it a tiny bit.

indigon

Enlightened
That's a great LED pic, especially for a phone. I have an older 140 219A clicky in a Thor's Hammer holster which is still my favorite tint walking light. May have Henry re-program it to a rotary one day..

And I think the ramping mode idea would be a great feature in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.