HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a long way from Arizona but I'd be stopping by HDS for a steak dinner after my little role in creating this riot.
What do you reckon Hogo?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
First: Henry ran away after 45 minutes. He didn't process any orders today but ran for the liquor shelf.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:Hope he got something really good, an >10 years old Whiskey..

The magic number we needed to make this run happen was 20. We had that in the first two minutes. At 4 O'clock, 35 orders for titanium had come in.
Sounds like a success Story! :twothumbs:twothumbs

I don't know the status of the F89HG emitters, though I did manage to secure more and got confirmation of this on my way home, so those will be reserved for the titanium lights, ...
Hopefully there are a few
F89HG's left for aluminium lighs. I also ordered a regular light with F89HG.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo and Henry have just become vegetarians.
P

Come on Pete, surely I'm not that bad of a dinner guest ha ha.
I could even have my arm twisted and have a few whiskies. I like Irish whiskey but I'm open minded.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a great LED pic, especially for a phone. I have an older 140 219A clicky in a Thor's Hammer holster which is still my favorite tint walking light. May have Henry re-program it to a rotary one day..

And I think the ramping mode idea would be a great feature in the future.
Probably one of the best pics i've taken

I saw a 140 clicky 219a recently but missed out on it. i have not experienced 219a yet.

How would you be able to get an older light converted to a rotary? I know that you can do the current lights but not if it has the older threads, right?
Hopefully there are a few
F89HG's left for aluminium lighs. I also ordered a regular light with F89HG.
The emitters he already had were for the aluminum, emitters he scored this week are for the titanium.

I did the same as you, just hope I got my order in early enough.

I'm curious how many F89's he already had for todays big bonanza.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on Pete, surely I'm not that bad of a dinner guest ha ha.
I could even have my arm twisted and have a few whiskies. I like Irish whiskey but I'm open minded.
you can go meet up with them and definitely get some good Irish whiskey....but Hogo said you're buying cause of the nightmare you put him and Henry through:p

On a side note, I tried playing around with all my new lights today (2700k, 3000k, 3500k, 3900k, 4000k 219c, along with my 2 existing 4000k 219b/5000k 219c)

They are all great!
I would say 2700k and 3000k would be the least used because they are truly warm, but i could see using them at times. Probably the 3000k more than 2700k, but 2700k has it's place too.

3500k is more a neutral warm and is very nice. not too warm, not too neutral.

3900k is similar to the 3500k, but slightly lighter/cooler. It obviously has a bigger hotspot and spill/ floodier. Not sure of actual range difference though. It is actually a really nice Neutral/warm light. I am very pleased with it and could see regular use from it. Will have to do more comparison with it compared to the 3500k. I feel like tint color is close enough one wouldn't need both. however beam profile is a bit different, so both could be justified.

4000k 219b is still my absolute favorite out of the ones i have. It has the lowest moonlight of all of these, great tint and color rendering. It appears to render colors better than the 4000k 219c.

4000k 219c is also very nice and a bit whiter than the 219b but 219b in my opinion keeps thing more true with color.

5000k 219c is probably my 2nd favorite out of the bunch. Even though it is just about pure white and has a brighter moonlight, i really like it and it also does great at rendering colors well.

So as far as neutral goes, 4000k 219b and 5000k 219c are my favorite
on the warmer side, i'm not sure yet but i think 3500k would be my ideal choice. however when in the mood for more incan like 3000k would be better and 2700k would be like an incan dimmed down on the dimmer switch possibly (probably even warmer than that. maybe more like the old tubes used for electronics possibly. IDK

and once again, so far they are all great in their own right. I have a feeling it's going to take some time to figure out if they will have find a permanent place here or need to find someone else to live with. theorectically i do not need 8+(ones on order) 2.17/2.18 HDS's. ok, one of those 8 is several yrs older, but you get my point.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Henry was not easily convinced. Dang I had a hard time of it as well. The results though now make him a believer. No egg on your face! Now just a big smile!
I'm guessing the personal charm of both yourself and the Captain had a lot to do with him relenting? So glad you kept after him about it.
icon7.gif

Stoneking

Enlightened
I also believe he wants to maintain a certain cap on them, as the fewer there are, the more valuable they are.

I thought Henry sold tools, not collectors items?
Oveready sells Titanium lights and it hasn't stopped me from putting it through the ringer, that's why I purchased it.
I don't understand why Ti HDS wouldn't remain in stock. A premium light for those who want to collect, I've never understood that... And those who need that added durability, we do exist.
It only adds to the HDS line, Ti Lights are pretty sought after on the forum, why not continually offer them? Makes little sense to me.
I get there is added stress but the demand is clearly there. You would probably see double the demand if the timing were right for many on here.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oveready sells Titanium lights and it hasn't stopped me from putting it through the ringer, that's why I purchased it.
I don't understand why Ti HDS wouldn't remain in stock. A premium light for those who want to collect, I've never understood that... And those who need that added durability, we do exist.
It only adds to the HDS line, Ti Lights are pretty sought after on the forum, why not continually offer them? Makes little sense to me.
I get there is added stress but the demand is clearly there. You would probably see double the demand if the timing were right for many on here.

OMG +A MILLION!!!! this waiting for years and years to get one then ok there happing need 1000 in a week or two destroyed me! Just not enough time to come up with the funds for some of us. 😭😭😭

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to interupt the frenzy with a question.
While messing with the programming, I've found I can set the variable part od the dial on my Tactical to a fixed level, so I can have just 3 levels on the whole of the dial. I know I can get back to a variable setting with a Reset, but is tere a way of just programming it back?
Thanks,
P

Found it! It's between Max and Strobe.

Carry on, pretend I'm not here.
P

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, this thread has blown up! congrats to everyone. i wonder if the cutoff time is now set to this weekend instead of august if that means the ETA will be a month sooner as well

toads

Newly Enlightened

A machinist will charge very differently for making 1 flashlight at a time vs 30+ at a time per order. It's just not profitable time-wise to set up for individual orders.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good morning, all. I had a dream last night that my order was refunded because the time stamp on the transaction was 10 seconds too late. When I woke up, I nervously checked my email to be sure it was really just a dream...I mean a nightmare.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Stoneking

Enlightened
A machinist will charge very differently for making 1 flashlight at a time vs 30+ at a time per order. It's just not profitable time-wise to set up for individual orders.

Hold stock, Henry doesn't have a machinist make one set of aluminum parts per order.... Well, not since Hogo's been on board anyways. /s
I wouldn't ever imagine asking a machinist to make one light at a time.
So many flashlight makers hold parts in stock and Ti versions of lights are readily available.
I don't understand the concept of a limited run for something that is in such massively high demand and has been for many years.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti, at 3x the price, will always be a very very very slow seller. I don't think Henry wants to stock expensive parts for such a rarely purchased light..and I for one don't blame him. I could see another special run in the future, that may be worth fighting for, but I really doubt he's going to stock this item.

Besides, like you said, he makes tools not collectables. The aluminum is the perfect tool.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, if you think back it was Dan not Henry that initiated the Ti run. And it's Henry's business.
This was a limite run. The clue is in the name.
P

Stoneking

Enlightened
Ti, at 3x the price, will always be a very very very slow seller. I don't think Henry wants to stock expensive parts for such a rarely purchased light..and I for one don't blame him. I could see another special run in the future, that may be worth fighting for, but I really doubt he's going to stock this item.

Besides, like you said, he makes tools not collectables. The aluminum is the perfect tool.

40k on a Friday seems pretty fast selling to me. The demand is there, the funds for some of us in such short notice are not. I'm still young and working towards that hefty disposable income. I'm close, just not quite there yet.
If it's slow selling, 10 or 20 extra stock while placing a large order makes sense, no? I mean, or don't, it just makes no sense to me.
Ti Lights are quite popular last I checked.
Tools, yes. Some of us need that extra durability, some of us work in brutal environments.
Just some thoughts.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Yes but once a machine shop makes a run of anything the next time is 100 percent easier.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Is this Naval Brass that has been discussed softer than 7075? Is it closer to copper or 7075? All of my copper lights take a lot of damage from drops and falls.

d13avo

Enlightened
40k on a Friday seems pretty fast selling to me.

Yes but this was a nine year wait for some people so as soon as it became available flashlight fanatics jumped. I would think if they were readily available every week and less rare they would not sell as quick. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.