HDS Systems EDC #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, i have found this picture: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...stems-EDC-19&p=5182509&viewfull=1#post5182509

What is the blue glowing thing? Is it something like this: https://urbanedcsupply.com/products/tain-aurora-glow-insert

Could there occur any problems when i would install this Tain Glow Insert in an HDS?

I don't see a problem with the Tain Aurora from the photos. Shouldn't hurt anything unless it really thick and won't let the reflector seat down all the way.

paddyie

Newly Enlightened
@WarriorOfLight: This doesn't look like a GITD Reflector like in your photo.
ycmgopW.jpg

@Hogo: I think i will give it a try. Does anyone know if the glow inserts are available in different colors?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really enjoyed the 'almost' new moon last night in the Mountains of Pennsylvania. The HDS Nichia 219b 4000K worked very well out on the pitch black golf course walking my dog. I even tried out my Mcgizmo Sapphire 5700K Yuji and at 5 lumens it lit up my walk nicely.

Tonight is the new moon for me.

Last edited:

hatman

Enlightened
I have slowly used the rotary more around the house, but clicky wins outside of the house due to aftermarket clip options.

Exactly -- the Prometheus Titanium clip is my favorite clip.
In addition to two HDS Clickies, I have two Elzetta Alphas that I own primarily because they take the Titanium clip.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Amber HDS?

That is what I thought...... so how about a 18650 body. Sorry small thread hijack......

I know how to deal with hijackers! LOL!
Hoping to have them in 4-6 weeks, but then the machinist doesn't know how to read a calendar.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast

A Hogo 4-6weeks and not a Henry 2 weeks! Maybe in time for the UV light or the amber.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

We put the PO in for these back in July... of 20 freakin' 18!
Granted, I had him put them off in order to get more needed parts but it's made me pull out all my hair (which really hurts because it only grows from my ears and nose at this point of my life).

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

CnvcibN

Happy Helloween :laughing::grin2::laughing::grin2::laughing::grin2::laughing::grin2::laughing::grin2::laughing::grin2::laughing:

CnvcibN.jpg
CnvcibN

(A Rotary NB40 with Pumpkin Spice Reflector and "Helloween Tangerine" - illuminated by Surefire Aviator Amber)

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I was using an executive with an 18650 battery tube. I found that the battery was unable to sustain maximum output, so I swapped it out for fully charged cell. The "depleted" battery tested at 3.83v. I've been using primaries for so long that I can't remember if this is the normal point at which the HDS begins to step down to conserve power. Seems a bit early to me, as a 3500 mAh battery still has fuel in the tank at 3.8v. All other flashlight behavior was normal. Do I have a bad battery?

yes
fixed it for you, going forward :)

Thanks, Jon.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I was using an executive with an 18650 battery tube. I found that the battery was unable to sustain maximum output, so I swapped it out for fully charged cell. The "depleted" battery tested at 3.83v. I've been using primaries for so long that I can't remember if this is the normal point at which the HDS begins to step down to conserve power. Seems a bit early to me, as a 3500 mAh battery still has fuel in the tank at 3.8v. All other flashlight behavior was normal. Do I have a bad battery?

Maybe you have on auto power off? Once I gave a flashlight with this option to my friend, at first he thought that the battery really was dying until he explained to him, now he considers me a little crazy ))

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I mean that when I click, press, hold it goes up to maximum then immediately steps down. When I replaced the battery it cycled up through the levels, then sustained max output. That's typical behavior after the replacement of a low battery.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does 3.83v mean the same thing (capacity wise) with a 18650 as a rcr123/16340?
Also, does the HDS use voltage or battery resistance to determine if it's time to step down?

Status
Not open for further replies.