HDS Systems Headlamps #1

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's definitely a unique headlamp design. :shrug:

I've been ready to buy a ZebraLight H600 series for increased runtime over my AA 502ds, but have been waiting to see what Henry's design looks like. If the production headlamp isn't dramatically different, I'll have wasted my time.

Last edited:

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Radio Shack plastic project box, a rotary knob, two reflectors, and VOILA! A headlamp.

Seriously, why would Henry show some kluge thing like that at a show?

He hasn't been shipping rotaries for 6 months, you'd think he would have had more time on his hands to come up with a real design.

:fail:

Trip Miller

Enlightened
Unique is one way to put it Grizz. He has a $h!t ton of work to do on this if he intends to actually sell any by June or July. Good luck and god forbid you want to Cerekote the sucker. Better plan on 2017.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a moment I was very amazed when he said the final product would be out by June or July. Then I realized we are talking Henry months.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
just want to throw in a couple observations. first, shouldn't the spot beam be in the middle while the flood beam is off to the side? second, its odd to have the flood beam head stick out so far in order to be angled down. directing a flood beam? wouldn't having an emitter mounted in a mule type set up avoid the need for that instead of using his flood reflector? i would say he needs to go back to the drawing board, but i think burning down said drawing board might be the way to go.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flood beam head looks to be mounted on a swivel socket which might explain why it sticks out further

LedTed

Enlightened
Not picking on ya, just a point of clarrification ...
This is not a true prototype, it is a mockup. It does not function. At this point the operation is only imagined.

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
Re: HDS Systems - SHOT Show 2016 - New Headlamp

Looks like something only meant to be attached to a helmet. It isn't svelte by any stretch of the imagination.

I was personally hoping for a better built saint minimus.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: HDS Systems - SHOT Show 2016 - New Headlamp

My goodness. Not what I was expecting. I think I can live without this one, the aesthetics and built in battery are the deal breakers.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Im so sorry, As soon as I saw the prototype I thought
(while this is from a children's movie I can understand if the humor is a bit off for the forum, I will remove the link upon request)
lovecpf

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've suspected it in the past, but that picture of his prototype confirms it..

Henry has gone koo koo for Cocoa Puffs.

ironhorse

Enlightened
I pictured a rotary with a 90 degree head. Oh well. The money I was squirreling away for that, was sent to Hawaii for a McGizmo.