High-Capacity NiMH Charger

awyeah

Enlightened
I'm looking for recommendations for an AA/AAA nimh charger with at least 8 bays. More is better. Fast (1A) charging on all bays simultaneously would be nice.

Safety is paramount. I need to be able to trust it to run unattended, overnight, etc.

I was liking the Tenergy 16 bay charger before I read some Amazon reviews of it burning up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... Safety is paramount. I need to be able to trust it to run unattended, overnight, etc....

I dont like the idea of any unmonitored chargers running unattended :eek:oo:

Although NiMH may be less risky than, say, Li-Ion ... I have still had an eneloop miss its termination signal and get "too hot to touch" :caution:

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Take a look at the GyrFalcon ALL 88 8 bay charger. About $60 Dollars. This can be found on HKJ's review website for a closer look too.

john1230

Newly Enlightened
The PowerEX Maha MH-C801D is a NiMH only charger with 8 bays for AA and AAA battery. It charges at 2A for AA and 700ma for AAA, soft charging is at 1A for AA and 300ma (maybe, it's off the top of my head) for AAA. There's a newer model (MH-C980) that have analyzer function but I know nothing about it, it has the same charging current as the MH-C801D.

MH-C980 and MH-C801D says it can charge the batteries in 1 hour. There's a slower 8 bay 1A MH-C800S AA/AAA charger which should be easier on the NiMH battery

There's also MH-C808M that also charges C and D cells at 2A with 8 bays, it's basically a larger MH-C801D charger.

Search the forum for reviews of the chargers, Hope it helps.