How is you Tri-V set up?

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess my Tri-V is still set to factory defaults:candle: as I am awaiting the next run.
Looking forward to changing it up a bit.

jslappa

Enlightened
I'm looking east; praying to every God I've ever heard of; sending emails to be added to notification folders; selling every trinket I've ever purchased; setting up garage sales; picking up pop bottles on the side of the road and refreshing the Cool Fall forum constantly.

I'm doing everything I can think of, to be able to come back to this thread to try out some of your configurations, and give you my favorite configuration! What, are we down to about a week to 10 days now? :shrug:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
My shipments from Dave get held up in Canada Customs for about 2-3days, so Dave, if your listening, maybe if you mailed one out west today, it just might make it here by Fathers Day:twothumbs
How about a "Mini" sales thread to keep the wolves at bay?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo Dave, ya sure this Tri-V thing is legal?? :thinking: Looks like ya got the troops all wound up about it here!!:grin2: It's not ta be believed guys.....worth the wait....:twothumbs

Karl

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo Dave, ya sure this Tri-V thing is legal?? :thinking: Looks like ya got the troops all wound up about it here!!:grin2: It's not ta be believed guys.....worth the wait....:twothumbs

Karl
I am looking east. Karl, if you want, you could "lend" me yours for a while:poke:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well John, I'd sure like to oblige you but, as you can plainly see, I already gave a pint of blood at my local Red Cross this morning

2z8rtc3.jpg

.....and I've got good ol' number 400 locked down pretty tight right now....just ta be sure!:devil:

2v199qs.jpg

I'm thinking about ya though...:whistle:

Karl

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Karl.
I will play with my SPY's till the big day.
We had to go to a dance recital last night. In anticipation, I took my WW Spy, but set level 1 at really low. Wifey needed to read the program and I had the answer for her, without blinding the audience.
I was soooo tempted to ramp it to level 6 & try it as an extra spot light for the stage.

derangboy

Enlightened
P1020341.JPG

This is how I carry my Tri-V these days, although the light is alone in my left front pocket much of the time. I don't generally like things on my belt. These are still my preferred settings:
P1 flood < 5mA - I just set to a level that was comfortable to light up in true darkness. It's hard to tell the emitter is even on in daylight!
P2 flood 10mA - suitable for roaming around the house or walking to the barn
P3 flood 800mA - I've backed this off from 1000mA because I was concerned about the heat. That little bit of Ti gets quite warm! Can't say I really notice a difference, still an impressive amount of warm floody light from a small unit.
P4 reflector 100 mA - Takes a moment to adjust as it's like the fire went out! But as far as throw goes, it feels like a reasonable step.
P5 reflector 600 mA - Again, I've backed the output off a bit for battery life and heat. Still very functional for running around outside in the dark.
P6 Spot & Reflector 1200mA - I tried running the spot alone at 1800mA for a while, but I find I like the combo beam a little better. I find I'm looking at something in the distance and I can't, quite, make out what it is... "click" the angels sing and everything becomes clear!

I like that all the settings are within 100% duty cycle. I'm sure I'll be back up to the program limits before long though :devil:

Good luck to all patiently waiting for the next round!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1020341.JPG

This is how I carry my Tri-V these days, although the light is alone in my left front pocket much of the time. I don't generally like things on my belt. These are still my preferred settings:
P1 flood < 5mA - I just set to a level that was comfortable to light up in true darkness. It's hard to tell the emitter is even on in daylight!
P2 flood 10mA - suitable for roaming around the house or walking to the barn
P3 flood 800mA - I've backed this off from 1000mA because I was concerned about the heat. That little bit of Ti gets quite warm! Can't say I really notice a difference, still an impressive amount of warm floody light from a small unit.
P4 reflector 100 mA - Takes a moment to adjust as it's like the fire went out! But as far as throw goes, it feels like a reasonable step.
P5 reflector 600 mA - Again, I've backed the output off a bit for battery life and heat. Still very functional for running around outside in the dark.
P6 Spot & Reflector 1200mA - I tried running the spot alone at 1800mA for a while, but I find I like the combo beam a little better. I find I'm looking at something in the distance and I can't, quite, make out what it is... "click" the angels sing and everything becomes clear!

I like that all the settings are within 100% duty cycle. I'm sure I'll be back up to the program limits before long though :devil:

Good luck to all patiently waiting for the next round!

I SPY a bead.

gtwace

Enlightened
Will use this thread to record my Tri-V settings.

Slot 1 (show setting)

P1 5 ma (flood)
P2 150 ma (Reflector)
P3 300 ma (flood)
P4 1000ma (reflector)
P5 3000ma (All 3)
P6 1800ma (spot)

Slot2 (main)

P1 20 ma (Flood)
P2 80 ma (Reflector)
P3 250 ma (Reflector)
P4 900 ma (Reflector)
P5 1800 ma (spot + reflector)
P6 2000 ma (spot only)

Slot3 (Flood)

P1 10 ma
P2 50 ma
P3 160 ma
P4 250 ma
P5 600 ma
P6 1500 ma

Slot 4 (Factory setting) (For non-IMR cells)
P1: MC-E @ 5mA (flood)
P2: XP-G @ 15mA (reflector)
P3: XP-G @ 80mA (reflector)
P4: XP-G @ 800mA (reflector)
P5: MC-E @ 1000mA (flood)
P6: XR-E @ 1000mA (spotlight)

Last edited:

mikes1

Enlightened
gtwace :poke:

You really need to change your sig line now you own one of the most sophisticated and programable lights known to man :laughing:

Mike

jslappa

Enlightened
Slot 1 is perfect for me, so it stays as Data set it up.
Slot 2 is all 3 LED's
1 mAh
10 mAh
100 mAh
1000 mAh
2000 mAh
3000 mAh

But I am not sure how to get to slot 3! call it a brain $art. How do I program slot 3 and 4? I'm watching Data's videos over and over, and reading all the threads I can. h e l p m e

gtwace

Enlightened
You have to do a Power Up 1 to select the slot (1-4) you want. then do a Power up 4 to edit each power level (1-6) within that slot. The first time you use a slot, the light will auto calibrate to factory settings, so you have to wait awhile for the flashes to go away.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once you get it programmed the first time, it becomes remarkably easy to do. Because of that, the programming will likely change often - except for memory slot 1. Memory slot 2 is set up for my early morning dog walks - the reflector on level 1 covers 60% of my needs, and all the other settings get about equal use. No need to bore you with how they are all used, but one thing is for sure - whereas I used to carry 2 lights - one with a good reflector beam (think Haiku XPG/Mac's EDC/Milkyspit Elendil) to handle the bulk of lighting plus a good thrower (think Jetbeam M1X, Clicky 170N), now the Tri-V does it all! It reaches farther than even the Jetbeam for seeing critters along the edge of the woods (think about that - the Jetbeam is a large light!)- the reflector is great for general duty - the flood is awesome for lighting up my general area, and the reflector and flood combined is amazing. Memory slot 3 is my "shock and awe" setting :eek: - 4 is for saving power (miser). It's amazing how usable and bright it is in my 'miser' setting!

I ran the light in setting 2 the first day I used it - constant run for 30 minutes using all 6 settings but mostly reflector 2 - 2 freshly charged IMR batteries each showing 4.2v - upon return I checked them again and they both read 3.85v. Pretty darn good!!

This light is a home run!!

trivsettings.jpg

Latest posts