How many flashlights do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drifts1

Newly Enlightened
Usually just one, an E01 on my keyring which might get replaced with a ITP3 AAA or ITP2 AA. If going out somplace and i can foresee needing a light then I'll carry something better on my person. But my lights are usually at home, one in the car, and 1 or 2 in my bag when traveling.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly I have the keychain Fenix LOD and Malkoff MD2 or Fenix TK10, that is 2 flashlights. Yes, I know it's way too few for a true flashoholic, but I will do better...:eek:

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

mbw_151

Enlightened
I EDC only two or three lights. I always have a Photon Freedom in my pocket. On weekends and evenings out I add a Leatherman Serac S2. I also carry a Quark 123 Tactical in my jacket pocket. I have lots of lights nearby, but I don't "carry" those so that's a whole different story.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Almost always two. Because two is one and one is NONE.

A Fenix P2D Q5, L1D Q5, LumaPower ConneXion or IncenDio in a holster just in front of my cell phone.

And an EagleTac P10C2 or Ultrafire 505 with a three level pill in my back pocket alongside my wallet.

Sometimes more but rarely ever less.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
MG L-mini II with warm emitter in belt holster
iTP EOS A3 on keychain.

When traveling on business, I'll replace the L-mini with a Quark AAw.

If I'm expecting to be in the woods much, I'll also carry my warm MC-E L-mini II on my belt. I used to use a warm MG PLI for this, but the emitter came "unglued" from the heatsink and burned itself up :poof:

Last edited:

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
Two or three -

Fenix E01 on my keyring, as backup to the
Quark 123² Turbo/E2E* on my belt. Then if I'm wearing it, there's the
Preon 2 AAA in my inside jacket pocket.

*Which might have E2C and 6p-alike head on it.

Last edited:

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Two on my person
1 - ImmunaTi or LiteFlux LF2XT) Clipped on belt loop.
2 - Malkoff MD2 with M60 or M60LF in front left pocket

Three more in EDC bag (Maxpedition Versipack fatboy)
1 - Malkoff MD4 WildCat in main compartment
2 - Other Malkoff MD2 (which ever one is not in pocket)
3 - Other not clipped on belt loop

That is 2 lights on me at all times and 5 total with in 10 feet. 99% of the time.

Martin D. White

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Atleast 3.

1 in my pants pocket (usually Ra Clicky EDC but select from several)

1 on my keychain. Nitecore EZAA. They say you can use it on your keychain so I'm trying it for awhile. It replaced my Arc AAA-P.

1 in my coat pocket or man bag.

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
One AAA light clipped inside my right front pocket (or in the coin pocket) along with wallet, loose car key, loose apt door key, loose apt building electronic key fob, and chapstick classic.

No, I never lose keys, and hate a keychain. :shrug: -wallet is pretty minimalistic too. Left pocket is reserved for cell phone only so nothing else bounces or grinds around and scratches it.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
And, our of curiosity: what? :twothumbs

CITY:

Always: a Ti McGizmo PD and a Ti Sapphire. Usually the PD is a PD-S, sometimes a LunaSol-27.

Frequently: HDS U60XRGT.

Occasionally:
SF A2 w/ orange LEDs (milky mod)

TRAIL (or not :naughty:):

Always:
Ti S27-PD, AlTiN Mule (seeking Aluminum S27-PD - they are rare.), HDS U60XRGT

Frequently: LunaSoup, Orange A2

Occasionally:
Backup A2 (gave this one away, so I don't carry it anymore! Now I need another one!!), SF M4, LunaSol-27, PD-S, PT Apex Pro

Oops, that's 10. :shrug: Yeah, my friends luck out. I don't carry any crappy lights. :thumbsup:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this hobby but I also enjoy to have ladies around.

:D :D :D

Seriously though, if you find "the one" she won't care *one* single bit about you keeping any of your hobbies/interests, including flashlights. The kinds of girls that make ultimatums like "your hobbies or me" look best when they're walking away from you...and not coming back. ;)

Been there...done that...no thanks! :D

Last edited:

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
At least one, The SF LX2. Sometimes the E2L, C2-M60, or E1B go along for the ride, especially if there is a jacket involved :thumbsup:

I currently don't have the room to carry another light or two, unless on another holster. (Pass, I already have two of those lol)

Mike

shark_za

Enlightened
These threads come up from time to time and its interesting to see how much has changed and what has stayed the same.

I have an iTP A3 EOS on my security access card lanyard and I often slip a Streamlight Microstream into my top pocket.

These days I usually have a 1AA light in my strong side pocket, LD10, L1T, iTP C7 or iTP SA1.

Going out at might is a lot more casual and I will typically have a Surefire 6P with a high output dropin on my person.
Solarforce L2 or Seraph SP6 also get used for this, sometimes a G2 or C2 as well.
But lets just say 18650 or 2xCR123a P60 light.
When I'm carrying a tactical light like this I will usually have a backup with lower modes, the LD10 or SA1, so I can still do EDC tasks with it.

CampingMaster

Newly Enlightened
For the last 40 years (since I am flying aircrafts) always one flashlight with me, left hand side in a holster and a spare bulb somewhere not to far (Inca). Presently my EDC LED Torch is a PD30 R4 replacing my PD30 R2 replacing my PD30 Q5... Just beside my Fenix in a small pouch that I found in a Dollar Store I always have 2 x CR123A or RCR123A.

On my backpack there is a permanently attached small pouch with 2 x CR123A.

When I left home and I will be back late, I will have with me the superb Fenix Headband (very light and easy to carry in a small pouch) because I have no car and we never know if an electric failure might happen in the subway (no car, lost everything with the divorce).

When in holiday in the willderness I will have the PD30 R2 and R4 with a cheap 1 x CR123A flashlight (UltraFire MCU-C7 CREE Q5 at 13$USD from DX). And for sure my Tenergy battery charger with the 12V and 110V adaptors and enough fresh no rechargeable batteries.

Note that I use the much better holster for the Quark 123/2 instead the one that comes with the PD30s.

Hope my english is good enough for you all flashaholics to understand because my mother's tongue is french.

First forum in my life, I am pleased to be with you!

Pierre :)

Picture is here : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237805&page=6 post 169.

Dominate the darkness with Fenix premium led torch.

Last edited:

loszabo

Enlightened

CITY:

Always: a Ti McGizmo PD and a Ti Sapphire. Usually the PD is a PD-S, sometimes a LunaSol-27.

Frequently: HDS U60XRGT.

Occasionally:
SF A2 w/ orange LEDs (milky mod)

TRAIL (or not :naughty:):

Always:
Ti S27-PD, AlTiN Mule (seeking Aluminum S27-PD - they are rare.), HDS U60XRGT

Frequently: LunaSoup, Orange A2

Occasionally:
Backup A2 (gave this one away, so I don't carry it anymore! Now I need another one!!), SF M4, LunaSol-27, PD-S, PT Apex Pro

Oops, that's 10. :shrug: Yeah, my friends luck out. I don't carry any crappy lights. :thumbsup:

Wow. :naughty:

LightChaser

Newly Enlightened
I don't leave home without at least 2 lights - a Fenix LD10 clipped to my front jeans pocket, and an E01 with my keys.

My SF G2 lives in one of the pockets of my everyday bag. I sometimes leave it in the car, so I don't quite count that as an EDC. It does, however, give me an incan option should I need it.

If I'm just at home, I'm down to just the E01 on the key chain.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D :D :D

Seriously though, if you find "the one" she won't care *one* single bit about you keeping any of your hobbies/interests, including flashlights. The kinds of girls that make ultimatums like "your hobbies or me" look best when they're walking away from you...and not coming back. ;)

Been there...done that...no thanks! :D

Haha, yes this is true. My gf made fun of my lights a little in the beginning but now she uses them a good bit. She said she doesn't even notice when I EDC my lights anymore. I also got her old man craving a new light, think I'll get him a neutral white Romisen RC-N3.

To the original question:
I EDC usually 2 lights
- Quark AA-T R5 in pocket
- Solarforce L2 /w Lumens Factory 3-mode R2 in jacket

Initially my plan was to just carry an 18650 body and cell in case I wanted longer runtime with the Quark but instead decided to just carry a loaded 18650 light to have a complete backup. That said, I probably will still buy the 18650 body for the Quark anyway.

The only tiny issue I have with my current setup is that the lights take different cells. I could carry my L2D instead but the LF R2 drop-in on 18650 runs longer, brighter and is throwier and I also like single-cell lights alot more.

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only tiny issue I have with my current setup is that the lights take different cells. I could carry my L2D instead but the LF R2 drop-in on 18650 runs longer, brighter and is throwier and I also like single-cell lights alot more.

I wouldn't worry about your lights taking different cells for EDC unless you routinely run one of them down during daily use.

Using a common cell can be a good idea when traveling, especially if that cell is easy to find anywhere (like AAA or AA). Same thing applies in emergency situations.

--flatline

Status
Not open for further replies.