How much money do you spend on flashlights annually?

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, this year I bought: Fenix L1P, Streamlight Propoly 4AA luxeon, Minimag, Cr2 miniminimag + niteize drop-in + IQ-Switch, 3D mag + MOP reflector + 2 1185 bulbs + FM 9AA holder + boro lens, UK 4AA incan, PT Attitude, Surefire L4, Surefire E1e, Surefire KL1, Surefire E1w, Surefire E2w, FM Strion bulb holder for SF e-series, Nuwai Q3, Fenix L0P SE, 5mw greenie, a bunch of cheapie lights, a shitload of fauxtons, 2 arc AAA clones and a Peak Matterhorn...
Then there's the accesories for the lights, batteries, chargers, holsters, lanyard stuff, a backpack that was well over $200 after shipping & tax, and some portable tools to go with the lights like a Leatherman charge Ti, Emerson mini CQC7b with wave, 2 titanium sporks of which 1 folding, a new watch and a bunch of other stuff that I would never have bought if I hadn't started visiting this forum on a regular basis.

now do the math yourself. Oh, and all these lights were funded from my $75 monthly allowance and the money I've earned with doing jobs on the side next to my fulltime job (everything earned with that goes to rent, insurance food and other monthly expenses)

And theres a few more lights on my wishlist that I would like to add to my collection before the end of the year: Surefire U2, Surefire G2, HDS EDC, PT Apex (still in doubt between 4AA or CR123 version)

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The past few months I've been selling off my little used lights. I now have $400+ in my paypal account just from flashlight sell offs.

My bicycle habit is much worse, about $2000/yr. That is less than my total collection of lights (I think)
I have a spreadsheet for the lights, I don't dare add up the bicycle expenses. Any way thats health related right? too bad health equipment isn't tax deductable.

On the other hand my IRA and Roth contributions are maxed out to the IRS limit ($1583/mo) So I have to find other "investments" anyway.

We just need to merge this thread with the "how much do you make thread" to see where people really stand.

gchand

Newly Enlightened
"I respectfully decline to answer on the grounds that I honestly believe that my
answer might tend to incriminate myself" (WRT to my Better-Half!)

On the other hand, I drive a 1995 Camry with 280K miles on it, and don't have
any other currently active expensive hobbies (skiing, auto-racing, golf,
RC-flying, etc).

Everything in life is relative!

George

Last edited:

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Like any other fun and worthwhile hobby, some of us tend to spend less than we'd like to, but more than we really should.

KuoH

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't let your wives read this!

Or you will be in big trouble!
crackup.gif

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets see since September this year (when this addiction started) Approx $989.00 USD....

OMG what have I done?? :)

It will go over $1K very soon!

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I view flashlights as just like any other currency. I'm just converting my Dollars into Flashlight-dollars.... whenever I need Dollars again, I just convert back. :grin2:

aw....who am I kidding? :(

My investment into flashlights this year alone is too much. I have a policy of never looking back. You make a decision, you act on it, and NEVER look back. If I took a calculator to my flashlight purchases, I'm pretty sure I'd faint.

WP

Dijon

Newly Enlightened
Much less than the 2 AR15s that I built this year, so I have that going for me. That reminds me..........I need another light for one of my ARs.:whistle:

Coop57

Enlightened
My wife thinks I just get new batteries every once in a while. My PayPal account says I've spent about $600 in the last 12 months on Flashlights, holsters, batts, rechargers, lanyards, spare carriers and mod parts. PayPal doesn't lie.