How Often Do You Use 1000 Lumens and You're Most Used Levels

Witterings

Enlightened
Cheers, thats only 1/2 of it.....well less probably

I think you need some serious help ... best place to start curing you of your addiction is get rid of them all .... I'll be round in the morning to pic them but only because I want to help you of course :p

ven

Flashaholic
There comes a time in life when you need help, you admit it and welcome it with open arms.....

Once that is over you carry on :D

Blues

Enlightened
There comes a time in life when you need help, you admit it and welcome it with open arms.....

Once that is over you carry on :D

jeeves-385x180.jpg

"You're bloody well right!"

:p

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love lumens, here is a hand full of lights that throw out around 48,110lm between them(yes i added them up on a calculator:eek:)

What's the collective throw for all of them? :rolleyes:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
99.9% of my needs is less than 100 lumens.
My 2200 lumen Streamlight starts at 60 lumens, and sometimes the medium 600 is used.
My 1000 lumen PK Warrior with memory is set to turn on at the 288 lumen setting.
I bought SureFire G2x Pros for the starting in low setting, which is rarely switched to high.
My instinctive trigger finger clicks twice to get my PR-1 to medium with low used right often.

I have lights that out shine the typical automotive high beams, but have to wipe the dust off each time they are used.

So for this flashaholic the whopping output lights are noveltys. But I still have several. Probably 75% of my flashlight needs are fullfilled by a 24 lumen Microstream. But I always, always, always carry a bad guy blinder day or night.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Acebeam K60 is our "do everything" light around our horse farm and property.

And 5,000 lumen turbo is our most used mode.

Followed by the 1 lumen low and then the 700 lumen [level 3].

A single light that covers [everything from] 1 lumen to 5,000 is just insane. And the K60 beam has such a great all-around beam, regardless of level.

Wow that is some endorsement for this light, my most recent addition in the v54 flavor. I am really liking it but need more time and room so it can stretch its legs...

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Flashlight is kind of hobby to me. So, I use 1,000 lumen or more quite often , just for fun.
As for most use = firefly , 80-100 and 500 lumen.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlight is kind of hobby to me. So, I use 1,000 lumen or more quite often , just for fun.
As for most use = firefly , 80-100 and 500 lumen.

Same here. Other than backup type keychain lights etc which I never use, my best liked edc'able lights are all 500 lm or more and my favorite ones >1000lm. I still carry HDS rotary as my edc, work light but I'm finding myself no longer thrilled by this light due to its comparatively low max output, and actively looking for its replacement.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
What type of work do you need light for liteboy, if you need small look at the solarforce L2M and the 18350 body ,slap a triple /mule or quad etc in it:D

D2000

Enlightened
Got a Mac Tri EDC - modified with a Hyperion driver. Hits about 940 lumens on turbo. That's is mostly used at 50% of the time. Followed by low at 40% and 10% the other modes.

I also have a SR96 Intimidator. It's always on turbo.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
I use my S30R ll mostly at 100 Lumens, middle setting. High next, then low and Turbo once in a while.
I have never "use" firefly unless I am messing around.
Around 100 lumens is my sweet spot.

Lateck,

Budda

Enlightened
Very tricky question.
I have a zebralight SC600 with 8B4 bin. The max output should be less than 600 lumens.
It still draws 3A. Does still count as 1000 lumens?

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
The max on my light Is 920lm In turbo, used It a few times and thought "well that's stupid bright" most used are low-low(10lm) and low(150lm) above Med(average Is 200lm) Is "rarely" used on any of my lights but, I have It If I need It.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current flashlight use is almost exclusively ceiling bouncing, overwhelmingly in the 8-100 range, with periods of around 300 and bursts of up to 1,000.

When I'm outdoors with my lights (like I used to be and hope to be again) I generally used 70-300, with bursts of four-digit power just for fun.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Total flashlight junkie....have all manner of brands, Surefire, Streamlight, Dereelight, Eagle Tac, Thrunight, etc. etc. Also have a full range of lumens and modes and such. Oddly enough the flashlight I use more often than any other, Streamlight Sidewinder with a max of a paltry 55 lumens. The form and function are awesome and for at least 90% of tasks, it's plenty of light.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that while I seldom really need 1000lm or more I use it for fun now and then. And because of the constant development of LED the efficiency now is significantly higher than several years ago. A consequence of this fact is that I today have the availability to use higher brightness levels than before.
No doubt about it: the reference definitely has been changed to a higher level. When the standard today is to use a compact flashlight with car headlamp brightness level I find it easy to experience brightness levels of earlier flashlight technology to be pretty dim. And that even if I don't really need more brightness than that. For example: I love my Surefire E2L Outdoorsman. But the brightness definitely is a bit weak with todays standard. Still it does its job with constant output for five and an half hours. That's very good.