I spent $30,000 in my first 6 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the damascus...

Do they all have batteries in them ? Do you have them on an EDC rotation ?

cw_mi,

Yes, I have batteries for all and then some. I have no set rotation and only carry lights in AOTH as of late. My Hinderer XM's get the front pocket till Holsters are made for them.

emu124

Enlightened
Todd,

this is an awesome collection :wow:
I haven't spent much less money for my one the last 8 month.
The good thing is, one of the LS20 in your pics will be on the way to me soon :D
In other words you can send it now (according to our PM's before CPF went down).

Thanks

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Todd,

this is an awesome collection :wow:
I haven't spent much less money for my one the last 8 month.
The good thing is, one of the LS20 in your pics will be on the way to me soon :D
In other words you can send it now (according to our PM's before CPF went down).

Thanks

PM sent

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta pipe up again now that pictures have been posted.

If this collection is the result of 6 months of collecting, that's just plain insanity on many levels.

Most of us around here have trouble justifying 1000 per year.

This is an objective observation meant neither as a compliment nor a criticism.

If there are points for number of lights in a year, you are well on the way to championship status.

obi

bla2000

Enlightened
Great collection. If it was within my budget to spend that amount then I would do the same. If you had titled this thread "I spent X% of my disposable income in my first 6 months" then it probably would not be as shocking to everyone else. Maybe it wouldn't event be the highest % of disposable income in comparison to others.

Bass

Enlightened
Seriously nice collection of some iconic and brilliant lights. Shiny Ti Spy's and McGizmos - what's not to like about it :nana:

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Not sure about all the objections. If you have the cash and a desire to buy it so be it....If I had the cash I would have a very similar collection. I have to wipe the drool from my lip looking at those pics. Awesome collection Todd.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you ever find that the more you buy the less you appreciate what you have? Then you become more and more focused on getting the next thing, which only ever turns out to be what you wanted for a shorter and shorter time period.

I would recommend getting some cheaper but still good quality lights and using them, bash them around a bit, take them places you will need and appreciate them. The more you use something the more you will appreciate it and the happier you will feel.

I'd also recommend trying modding some lights yourself, the satisfaction of using something you made yourself and know you can trust through personal experience is often much greater than just recieving something with little relative investment in it (I'm talking time and effort, not money here).

I honestly think these are what you need to find a 'grail' light, in fact you probably already have many capable of being it.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no issues with this at all.
To put it in perspective , for some people that are thinking OMG $30,000.
One could go our & buy a car, not even an exotic or Luxury. But say you wanted a Mustang V8 as a "fun car", you would 'nvest' more than this amount, and the minute you drive off the lot, you've lost some serious $$$. If you need to get some $$ back, you can sell your fun car.
With these lights, you get the same or more enjoyment as batteries are a lot cheaper than gas, and they would be easy to liquidate when/if your hobby changes.

Hey, I've done the same with watches.

BTW, would love to drive to Alta to see these in person.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
shado. My God, man. That is one sweet collection. I feel a little weak just looking at the Tanks. Not to mention all the McGizmos.
I don't care about ho much money you've spent. Are you losing your house? No? Then well played, sir. Well played.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrads, great collection.
i'd be afraid to guess what you'll spend this year, lol.

richpalm

Banned
Don't you ever find that the more you buy the less you appreciate what you have? Then you become more and more focused on getting the next thing, which only ever turns out to be what you wanted for a shorter and shorter time period.

I would recommend getting some cheaper but still good quality lights and using them, bash them around a bit, take them places you will need and appreciate them. The more you use something the more you will appreciate it and the happier you will feel.

I'd also recommend trying modding some lights yourself, the satisfaction of using something you made yourself and know you can trust through personal experience is often much greater than just recieving something with little relative investment in it (I'm talking time and effort, not money here).

I honestly think these are what you need to find a 'grail' light, in fact you probably already have many capable of being it.

+1! The biggest satisfaction I get is from modding/building. Just buying lights to let them sit on a shelf falls flat for me. The process of building and modding is its own reward. I get a lot of pleasure from modding and improving lights for as little as possible. And if it gets beat upon or lost, I'm not out that much.

If I had this many lights, my wife would A) put me in the psych hospital or B) Call A&E and put me on Hoarders! C) Both

My grail light? Had to build it! Was never happy with production lights or the few customs I had when I was still working, especially when those customs had all the same or inferior electronics I could do myself for a fraction of the cost.

I'm compassionate by nature and if I had this kind of money, I wouldn't have it long. I'd probably be giving it away to others less fortunate that need it. (but deserve it!)

Rich

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1! The biggest satisfaction I get is from modding/building. Just buying lights to let them sit on a shelf falls flat for me. The process of building and modding is its own reward. I get a lot of pleasure from modding and improving lights for as little as possible. And if it gets beat upon or lost, I'm not out that much.

If I had this many lights, my wife would A) put me in the psych hospital or B) Call A&E and put me on Hoarders! C) Both

My grail light? Had to build it! Was never happy with production lights or the few customs I had when I was still working, especially when those customs had all the same or inferior electronics I could do myself for a fraction of the cost.

I'm compassionate by nature and if I had this kind of money, I wouldn't have it long. I'd probably be giving it away to others less fortunate that need it. (but deserve it!)

Rich
i can relate, +10000

warmurf

Enlightened
I think this collection shows just how much an addiction (any addiction) can drive you. That is way too many lights for you to use but yet, I bet you still don't have enough? The money is no issue- I'm sure nothing important was sacrificed for this collection, bills were paid, holidays were taken etc. Some people have more disposable money than others, so what? I'm very certain that there are high end earners with cocaine addictions to this amount, and what do they have to show for it? This would be a "one off" collection and is something unique- the finest of a particular art? More power to you, enjoy. For me, I get pleasure from buying modded flashlights by guys who tinker in their back sheds or garage, and turn a cheap 150 lumens light into a 1000 lumens monster that eats IMRs! Either way, we get our kicks.....

McCoy

Newly Enlightened
I'm really diggin the holsters for the lights is that one on the left Gator or some other thick scaled animal?

Status
Not open for further replies.