I spent $30,000 in my first 6 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasc

Newly Enlightened
Very nice collection. I like the damascus one also. Do I see a stingray case?

Glen

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent at least half that much but learned to practice "catch and release" and my wife is "OK" with that concept as the mail lady drops off new packages daily. Amazed to see some of my "old friends" in your collection. Guess we share similar taste for the finer things life has to offer! AWESOME collection Todd! :thumbsup:

Samy

Enlightened
Global Financial Crisis? What Global Financial Crisis? :) You're single handedly keeping the flashlight industry immune to the GFC ;) LOL

Very impressive. Also, if that's your flashlight collection i'd like to see your battery collection ;)

cheers

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Shado, awesome collection. I find It fascinating how different each collection is. Each with a different criteria in mind while looking. My collection is a good reflection of me (very random)
Looking at yours, you have fine tastes, and are all about the details and nuances ;)

mwo246

Newly Enlightened
If I had done that my wife would have killed me .... Nice Collection .... Steven

Last edited by a moderator:

Siliconti

Newly Enlightened
Well, I do not feel so guilty for buying that SureFire M6 now!

Then again, I think we may not be in the same tax bracket :)

kenkls

Newly Enlightened
I am still thinking hard and long for a 160 Dollar Production Ti light.
you are one hella of a collector. I collect knives, spend well over 10K on custom knives.
But 30K on lights is a league on its own. Wonderful collection!!!

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened
I read through this whole thread and I had to comment, I really cannot believe all the negative comments. This collection is beautiful and yes its extreme but if youve done well enough financially in life to be able to do this then more power to ya dude. Lots of people blow this much on cocaine and hookers. And hell, more power to them too! Anybody who doesnt like it can take the life lessons thier mother gave them and .... Write it in their diary. But since nobody asked, I have got to know, what do you do for a career Shado?

....since nobody asked, I have got to know, what do you do for a career Shado?

I would think it obvious, Todd is a museum curator. ;)

Brilliant collection!

......Oops, you've left the security device deactivated on the McGizmo's!

p1030625s.jpg

~ Chance

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read through this whole thread and I had to comment, I really cannot believe all the negative comments. This collection is beautiful and yes its extreme but if youve done well enough financially in life to be able to do this then more power to ya dude. Lots of people blow this much on cocaine and hookers. And hell, more power to them too! Anybody who doesnt like it can take the life lessons thier mother gave them and .... Write it in their diary. But since nobody asked, I have got to know, what do you do for a career Shado?

+1 to this... if you are successful enough in life to be able to drop 30k on something you like and not think twice... then more power to you

why 30k on lights? because he can thats why. and why shouldnt he?

nice collection btw :)

edit: whats in your garage sir :-D lol

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
You could probably light a whole neighborbood with those lights.

To each his own, I guess. Nice collection, though :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edi

Newly Enlightened
It's a sickness we all have. What makes all of us talk about lights and read about lights sometimes on a nightly basis??? I bought a light last might and here I am on the forum again, I don't even know what I'm looking for. I really have to find another hobby as this has become a little obsessive! Anybody in my boat? Lol

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
So how many more have you collected in the last year since you posted the pics? :poke:

Now I don't feel nearly as guilty about buying all those lights in the last year. :eek:oo:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
You should start collecting dslr cameras and lenses. Your lights may serve as studio lights :). You got beamshots of those 007's? I'm curious how they look.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really appreciate the kind words :wave:

So how many more have you collected in the last year since you posted the pics? :poke:

Now I don't feel nearly as guilty about buying all those lights in the last year. :eek:oo:

I've been collecting knives as of late, but here's a few recent pics of my favourites :thumbsup:

SPY 005's
p1060917x.jpg

With some of my 007's
p1060931c.jpg

p1060929to.jpg

Gatlight V1/V2/V3 (SS/Aluminum/Titanium)
p1070374m.jpg

Gatlight V1 PILA 168S, I really like this one!
p1070200.jpg

+1 to this... if you are successful enough in life to be able to drop 30k on something you like and not think twice... then more power to you

why 30k on lights? because he can thats why. and why shouldnt he?

nice collection btw :)

edit: whats in your garage sir :-D lol

A Lexus SUV (I live in Canada)

You should start collecting dslr cameras and lenses. Your lights may serve as studio lights :). You got beamshots of those 007's? I'm curious how they look.

I posted some SPY 007 beam shots here and here

Thanks
Todd

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what could be worst? ...not having $30,000 to spend on your lights :D

Everyone have different priorities and needs, but I wouldn't worry one bit about spending $30,000, I will worry about how quickly I can to make my $3M!

Power to you shado...now if you ever decide to let go of your SPY005, give me a PM :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.