If you had $1,000 to spend...

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
Norm, Go find another person to give nightmares to, 3 years of dealing with him and he has never failed me.

I've had 3 lights from Rob in the last year and have had great service, my last being a ti raw which was given a makeover by UK midnight.
If a guy posts that he wants to buy a light from Lummi I say go for it, I know people got shafted in the past, and that sucks, but people should be free to buy what they like without any stigma. I perhaps disagree with Empires tone as i doubt Norm's intentions were anything than other being helpful, i just dislike the feeling that people are judging fans of Robs work and anyone who trys to be positive about him. Sorry bit O/T

On topic: McGizmo Haiku Hi CRI
Prometheus Alpha, Already got one of the prototypes but i can't bring myself to take it off the shelf. I'd like another as a user

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary HCRI $200
HDS "Ra" Clicky $150
HDS Twisty $~150
PEAK Eiger and Eiger Ultra $~110

Save the rest for batteries and chargers

ericjohn

Enlightened
Sure Fire Aviator.
Sure Fire Defender.

Maglite Mag Tac.
Maglite ML 100.
Maglite Mag Charger.

Bright Star RA Responder (yellow alkaline model)

Probably went over budget, lol.

T45

Enlightened
Hmmmm.....a $1000 you say?:thinking:

A Surefire C2 HA with a Malkoff M61LL, Cryos Cooling Bezel, McClicky Tail switch, and a SS bezel ring
Sunwayman M20A
Jetbeam RRT-2
Surefire Z3, probably would have to outbid some people to get that one, then some custom mods
maybe a Klarus XT20
and finally, some Pelican cases and a BUNCH of Batteries.
Almost forgot! a Surefire Z2!

Last edited:

MKAY

Newly Enlightened
Try to bribe the owner of a DEFT Enthusiast to sell by offering double the price they paid! I have a farm and a neutral/warm light with massive throw but easy to carry dimentions would be a dream come true.

Failing that; A Prometheus Alpha custom, Copper head and tail with a Carbon Fibre tube. Plus a McGizmo Sundrop.

Larbo

Enlightened
I would look around for a gen3 MaxaBeam, I would love to have one.

pageyjim

Enlightened
I didn't think I'd be responding to this thread but since I met the $1000 requirement the past couple weeks I will.
TM-11, TN30, VoB 1C Mag, Custom SST-90 1 D Mag, 4 7's S12, SWM M11R, 12 Eagletac 3100 batteries, Nitecore i4v2 charger and other assorted batteries. I just ordered a display case and a Nikon P7100 to take pictures of them.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't think I'd be responding to this thread but since I met the $1000 requirement the past couple weeks I will.
TM-11, TN30, VoB 1C Mag, Custom SST-90 1 D Mag, 4 7's S12, SWM M11R, 12 Eagletac 3100 batteries, Nitecore i4v2 charger and other assorted batteries. I just ordered a display case and a Nikon P7100 to take pictures of them.
I'm so jealous!!! That would be fun to get all those. I'd love to see pics of the display case with lights if your willing to post them. Also, It's been fun to see all the different ways people would spend the $1,000. Thanks for all who have posted!

DucS2R

Enlightened
Well, in the last few months I have spent $1000 on lights, pretty scary.

Haiku XPG $450
Olight SR95 UT $450
Nightcore TM11 $150 (yeah I got that weird great deal)

And with Halloween coming up, even scarier is that is not my complete list of purchases this year. At least I am in good company here, and my wife is not worth talking to anymore anyway :)

T