Inova: where is the promised new beef?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know they stated that they did/would make a red X1, but I've never seen one other than the two that I modded. And I believe greenie has as much X1 experience as anyone here and I'm almost certain he said he had never seen a stock red X1.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen one and they're not on the order sheets... What's TOTALLY DUMB is that red is the best selling color in the X5's so it should be for the X1's as well...

FYI - there are some people there that know their product. :p

PhantomPhoton said:
:touche:
Never been a red X1? au contraire...
http://www.inovalight.com/pdf/X1-manual.pdf

Now of course this is Inova we're talking about... horribly outdated website and not a single person in the entire company seems to have a clue about thier own products... but still, there once was a red X1, and I'd pay to have one. Yet another dumb Inova blunder. Perhaps Microsoft should buy them out. :ohgeez:

Martini

Enlightened
MattK said:
I've never seen one and they're not on the order sheets... What's TOTALLY DUMB is that red is the best selling color in the X5's so it should be for the X1's as well...
Well, as I've advised before, let's tell them. I'll gladly write them a letter, although I imagine someone who sells their products could have a greater impact (hint, hint). :D

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have do and will continue to. :)

Martini said:
Well, as I've advised before, let's tell them. I'll gladly write them a letter, although I imagine someone who sells their products could have a greater impact (hint, hint). :D

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
MattK said:
I have do and will continue to. :)
Well ,I guess we should at least be some what thrilled that Inova at least FINALLY after years of jokes ,complaints,and outright discust updated there pre historic webb site....you can't actually buy some of there new products! BUT at least we can see what we are or arn't missing...buy a few "new"(second generation) x-1's if you want long run time 10 hrs. because the new,new 2007 units with the brighter led(same as the aaa bolt series,according to Matt at the battery junction) will have more lumens but much shorter run times....oh well.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I don't understand the reason Inova is not going Cree. I love INOVA quality but with inefficient LED they are using as compared to the Cree really put me off.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
PAB said:
Unless you have some new information, Inova's website has said "Updated Website Coming Soon" for over six months.

I hope they do actually get a new website. Would be nice to see it updated.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked!! Looks like they finally did it. They finally updated the site.

Took awhile for the site to load.

nine

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if this new version of the X1 plays well with NiMH/Lithium cells?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
OCEANBEAMER said:
Well ,I guess we should at least be some what thrilled that Inova at least FINALLY after years of jokes ,complaints,and outright discust updated there pre historic webb site....you can't actually buy some of there new products! BUT at least we can see what we are or arn't missing...buy a few "new"(second generation) x-1's if you want long run time 10 hrs. because the new,new 2007 units with the brighter led(same as the aaa bolt series,according to Matt at the battery junction) will have more lumens but much shorter run times....oh well.
??????

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
greenlight said:
On Inova's new webb site (really hi tech takes about 1 minute to load!) they list the new 2007 x-1 with a hi power 2 watt (? mystery,led.secret info) uses 1aa batt,"upto 2 hrs runtime" and good out to 100'............no more 10 hrs for this baby ,but a lot brighter...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
OCEANBEAMER said:
On Inova's new webb site (really hi tech takes about 1 minute to load!) they list the new 2007 x-1 with a hi power 2 watt (? mystery,led.secret info) uses 1aa batt,"upto 2 hrs runtime" and good out to 100'............no more 10 hrs for this baby ,but a lot brighter...
They only replaced the Nichia CS with a Lux I or III, no big mistery here.

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
They only replaced the Nichia CS with a Lux I or III, no big mistery here.
I only was stateing that inova always says that the led's they place in their light are propritary information and not for release to the public,,on their new webb site they only list led's by wattage ,no lumen or candlepower figures...and never lumiled,ssc,cree etc.........

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
OCEANBEAMER said:
I only was stateing that inova always says that the led's they place in their light are propritary information and not for release to the public,,on their new webb site they only list led's by wattage ,no lumen or candlepower figures...and never lumiled,ssc,cree etc.........
So what, SureFire does the same.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 things: I can absolutely 100% promise you the while the new X1 does use a Luxeon emitter it does NOT use a Luxeon I/III.

More importantly the 2007 T1's will be here this Monday! :)

LINK

Cydonia

Enlightened
MattK said:
I can absolutely 100% promise you the while the new X1 does use a Luxeon emitter it does NOT use a Luxeon I/III.

Mystery thickens. Any clues? Why all the secrecy surrounding the LED emitter? Whatever it is, it is inferior to Cree or SSC P4. It's all quite hilarious really.
All this cloak and dagger corporate secrecy over a low performance LED is freakin funny!
I'm looking forward to the new X1 though, despite the 2 hour run times. I just want to know how many lumens it spits out the front! And what really frustrates me is that we will have to wait... months probably... for someone to do a damn review now that flashlightreviews.com is stalled!! :(

I think I'm like most here... got to know the lumen output before buying...!!

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't tell 'cause I promised not to. I don't know why it's a big secret...

The LED is already on the market in the BOLT 3A - all some intrepid explorer needs to do is take a look at the BOLT. :)

Cydonia

Enlightened
OK, they use the same Rigel LED as in the Bolt series. Makes sense to use the same LED.
Now, it shouldn't be too hard for someone to extrapolate a fairly accurate lumen count from this LED... anyone?

:candle: