Inova: where is the promised new beef?

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Cydonia said:
OK, they use the same Rigel LED as in the Bolt series. Makes sense to use the same LED.
Now, it shouldn't be too hard for someone to extrapolate a fairly accurate lumen count from this LED... anyone?

:candle:
I thought that Nichia made the Rigel LED, not Luxeon? Am I mistaken? MattK said it was a Luxeon.

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
Here are some hints as to what I think is in the Bolt AAA:

American Motors once made one. Johnny Yuma was one.
ironic.gif

Vyzygoth rocks!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mockingbird said:
Here are some hints as to what I think is in the Bolt AAA:

American Motors once made one. Johnny Yuma was one.
ironic.gif

A Rebel. I am old enough to remember both. :)

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
parnass,

You are correct.
party.gif
I'm afraid I watched entirely too much television in my younger days. I'm just guessing about the luxeon rebel being in the bolt AAA.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED in the 2xAAA Bolt really looks like a Rigel to my eyes. The only other light I have which has a similar LED is the 4xAAA Dorcy from Target and that is supposed to have a Rigel. I was kind of assuming that whatever was in the 2xAAA Bolt would be the same thing that is in the new X1.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Still waiting . . . .

Inquiring minds wanna' know.

popcorn.gif

(and i certainly can't understand why it is such a big freakin' secret !)

Raven

Enlightened
Hurricane season is coming up, and a couple of the 3rd gen X1 flashlights would be a welcome addition. I'm not expecting Fenix performance, but I am expecting decent performance, and a quality finish, and I'm sure I'll get both.

BTW, Inova's website stinks.

justmyluck

Newly Enlightened
AndyTiedye said:
So instead our wallets bleed buying batteries for them.

Andy,

I certainly understand what you are saying, but given that it is only a AA light, and that the majority of us here at CPF would use rechargables (am I correct in assuming this?), then it shouldn't be a really huge deal.

Recently got a Gen 2 X5, can't wait for these new X1's to come out, would love to have a little brother for the X5!

Eric

espy

Newly Enlightened
MattK said:
The new X1:
-Is significantly brighter than the Gen 1/2 lights.
-Uses a Luxeon emitter but NOT a K2. I cannot tell you which model but some clever soul will figure it out soon enough. :)
-Eyeball integrating sphere says it's 2X as bright as the Gen 2. Runtimes will be shorter - dunno what they are yet.
-The lense is securely under a bezel.
-It has a diamond turned reflector like the other new X/T series lights.
-The body and switch are essentially unchanged.

Matt did you have a chance to check the runtime on the new X1 model? I'm curious if the significantly reduced running time is worth the extra brightness.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is nothing wrong with the K2. I've seen quite a few beamshots of K2's making Crees and Seouls not look so good. I've been very unimpressed with the Crees I've tried so far.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
ampdude said:
There is nothing wrong with the K2. I've seen quite a few beamshots of K2's making Crees and Seouls not look so good. I've been very unimpressed with the Crees I've tried so far.

I think your experience leaves you in the overwhelming minority. I have nothing against K2s... but they seem to develop quite a bit of heat. My worst Cree and my worst SSC certainly exceed the best single K2 light I've ever had.

Latest posts