INTRODUCING: a new GATLIGHT RUN....

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi FlashlightFun, thanks for the pm, you asked some good questions which others might be interested in as well, so I hope you don't mind if I answer them in this thread here:

What is our privacy policy:

Regarding priacy policy and rather then pasting a legalese page, the summary is basically. We keep all our data and don't share it with anyone. We might send out maximum of 2 emails/newsletter per year which simply inform you of current models and production runs which allow you to get a light before they sell out. However as it was in the past it can also be just 1 email per year.
The communications/newsletter also allow you to opt out from communications from us. If you have a specific request regarding privacy policy let me know and I can let you know how we handle it.

Warranty:
We offer a limited lifetime warranty, similar to what other manufacturers of consumer goods have. We cover manufacturing defects or issues that might appear after you receive the light. We do not cover outside induced damages or obvious misuse (like any other warranty out there). In any case you need to pay shipping to us. For manufacturing defects we typically throw in some batteries/accessories to reimburse your shipping costs to us.

Will there be an Aluminum version:
As far as we can see probably not. We might consider a stainless steel version, maybe with steel tubes rather then bars to get the weight down to the level of the TI version. However whether that reduces enough weight or whether the strength is still sufficient is something we need to look into first.

Does the GatLight Titanium occur before the Polaris:
Yes the GatLight Titanium run is being produced as we speak. The polaris so far is a concept we might make a reality or not. But we'll take a look at that once we start delivering the GatLight Titanium preorders.

Are you still expecting the upcoming Titanium GatLight V3 run to be released in approximately 2.5 months?
So far our current estimated delvery time of this round is July 2008. We are posting current updates of ETA and this production run here: http://Lumencraft.net/status.htm

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Crash... Yes the Gat can run on rechargeable 3.6V batteries - however there are a couple of things to consider, just visit www.Lumencraft.net then click on FAQ, I have posted a detailed answer what to consider when using rechargeables with the GatLight. In short the light will have an overdrive mode..so you have to limit the max. brightness, and you can't let the light fully drain the batteries or their lifetime will be limited. Also only use protected batteries... this in more details as mentioned on our website.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
I use 3.7V rechargeables to my Gatlight V3 for over months now, and
it still works very nice with the same RCR123, like at the beginning...;)

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
well here is a real machined part with that knurl... sorry about the blurry picture... I'll try to get some better ones this coming week... apparently those knobs look absolutely stunnnnnnning.....

knob.jpg

Also I think it goes very well with the remaining design...

you like?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photos of this latest GatLight Run

Here are some images of this latest GatLight Run:

Prominently featured knob with the new knurl... also you can see the gold plated copper threads...
dsc01358.jpg

dsc01347.jpg

dsc01401.jpg

dsc01360.jpg

Here is something pretty cool... the custom made screws for this light are so polished that they project a ring of stars when the light is put into the sun....

dsc01382.jpg

roga

Newly Enlightened
Hello Walter,

Thank you very much for the awesome images.
I really like the knob :thumbsup:.

roga

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this version also be available through Lighthound? :thinking:

Hi there... we don't know yet, it kind of depends on the number of preorders... we get (half of the production run so far is already sold out) and how many will be left. My guess is - probably - I'll call them if they'd be interested in some units if we have some units left.

Also I don't know if you are familiar with our policies... when placing a preorder, we only take the credit card details, but do not charge until the day the light ships... which likely will be in July 2008.

Hope that answers your question.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Hi there... we don't know yet, it kind of depends on the number of preorders... we get (half of the production run so far is already sold out) and how many will be left. My guess is - probably - I'll call them if they'd be interested in some units if we have some units left.

Also I don't know if you are familiar with our policies... when placing a preorder, we only take the credit card details, but do not charge until the day the light ships... which likely will be in July 2008.

Hope that answers your question.

Walter, when you are ready to ship give us notice so we can make sure our accounts are funded.

Bill

Furrballz

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful piece of work! I wish I had unlimited funds to puchase one! :) In the meantime, I'd just have to be content viewing all the nice pictures...:mecry: