INTRODUCING: a new GATLIGHT RUN....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Aactually the new Ti Gatlight runs at about 3 watts, or a little more in the highest level, which is sort of a boost.

Bill

mtmichigan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Bill. I don't know where I got the idea it was 1W, that's ludicrous.

This new Gatlight is the first LED flashlight I've used that crosses my personal performance threshold from incandescents. I can now get all the brightness I need from a 1X123 LED light when I need it, and the adjustable output gives me extended runtime to boot.

The fact that it's a guaranteed conversation starter is an added bonus. On it's lowest setting with a nearly-spent battery, standing lens-up on the table, it looks very mysterious. If you can keep a straight face you can get some people to believe there's just a little BIT of plutonium inside it (OK, children mostly). The "sub-miniature nuclear reactor core module" story seems to work best so far.

Great fun.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've got a V1 and V2s so I just had to get a Ti to go with them!:shakehead

Karl

Last edited:

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys... ok time to answer some questions:

How to clean it: Well I don't know about high pressure or dishwasher.. I guess depends on how high high pressure is... However water and qtips should do the job... even higher pressure... the light is submersible... I was able to take mine down to 20ft without any issues... so we don't know where the limit is... so rinsing it off, soaking it and qtips... tends to work best to clean it.

Karl- Yep hold on to that V1... those are pretty rare these days (can't remember what you got... a ss or ti?) also we'll soon have a few extra v4 drivers for sale to upgrade the V2s - something I highly recommend it makes the V2 perfect... and in brightness on par with this latest round Ti Gat... which will also features unusually efficient LEDs...

By the way in a week or though we'll be showing off some design sketches... for a lower priced Stainless Steel Gatlight design... the GatLight Titanium will remain our top of the line unit.. and the goal with that stainless is to introduce more of an entry level unit... So check back in our section and let us know your comments... first need to clear the design with the machine shop... to make sure it can be done... and also get a rough price estimate...

mtmichigan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. Rinsing under the faucet and using a q-tip should indeed work fine. The idea of tossing a Gatlight in the dishwasher sounds a little harsh, but if it saves time and doesn't harm the light it sounds appealing to a lazy person like myself.

The low-pressure spray in a dishwasher shouldn't be an issue; I'm more worried about the high water and drying temps possible effect on the varnish on the battery tube and possibly the lens. What do you think? Anyone with an idea is welcome, thanks.

Mike

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have run a GatLight through the Dishwasher in the past... I think it was a V1 and the optics was doing fine.. the entire light did pretty well in fact. With a V3... well if you wanna try it out I'd remove the driver and the battery then run it through and see if you find any liquid...My guess is that its probably ok...

The driver can be removed by using a dental pick... and removing the black rubber ring around the gold spring. to push it back in just get a tube that has the diameter of that black rubber ring... put the driver in then use the tube to stuff the black ring back in....

I wouldn't run it through with a battery in there... since I think they don't like the high temperatures... the driver on the other hand should be ok...

Of course if you damage the driver in the process of removing, reinstalling you'd have to pay for a new one...

Impact on the varnish of the battery tube... no idea to be honest... my guess is that it should be ok...

mtmichigan

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, thanks Walter. I won't be trying out the dishwasher idea until and unless the light needs cleaning beyond the rinse-and-Q-tip method. I'll heed your advice if I do.

I've never gotten a general-use flashlight dirty enough to need a dishwasher anyway. I don't need it to be pristine new looking, it's a "user" for me, but it's just so pretty...

Mike

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, possibly a tad off the course of this thread but maybe not....:confused:...will I get a notice of shipping date of my order?

Karl

omoanya

Newly Enlightened
I received my Gat Ti a few weeks back and love it. But please do develop some kind of clip or lanyard system. I tried tying my own, but it is just too bulky and junky looking for such a pristine designed light. Personally, i cant edc a light of this size without a clip or lanyard, so sadly it gets left at home for more inferior lights that are easier to clip or carry ///

chris

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to consider a carry case by Ripoffs as a possibility---proives safety from scrapes, bangs etc and provides accessibility.

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my Gatlight and what a beauty it is! This is the fourth Gatlight I own the other three being one V1 and two V2s, all of stainless steel. This Gatlight is finished beautifully, is considerably lighter than my other three, works flawlessly and is clearly the winner to date in Walter's series of lights. A nice job Walter, very nice.....:D

Karl

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
BY THE WAY WE JUST CREATED a gatlight registry / Lumencraft Social Network, where you can register your serial numbers, but also chat, upload pics...and interact.. check it out at www.LuxuryFlashlights.com

Of course not just limited to Lumencraft you can also talk about other things.. but the main goal for us is to have a way to contact you guys....for upgrades etc.